• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upcoming changes to Diamond Packages

DeletedUser99588

If they are too expensive then don't buy them. Not sure what all the fuss is about really. I bet most spend little to nothing every year. Inno have never been great at balancing so why would you expect it now. The base rate matters little as I bet most wait for special offers before purchasing. It is these offers and the events themselves that need work to entice customers to pay. Bottom line is that most just will not buy diamonds whatever amount they cost.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
What I find amusing is the fact that diamonds in the game are completely virtual - that is to say it doesn't cost Inno anything to produce, refine, transport, store, pay tax on etc.

DeletedUser111428

Adding my "2 cents" here :)

I think that it is safe to say that a lot of FoE players complaining within this thread, about this change on some of the Diamonds Packages, are players that never or rarely purchase Diamonds with cash for various reasons...

Then, for players who spend some cash on this game every now and then, maybe this change would upset some of them...however, let's take a look at some stats shall we?

For this post I will only consider the Browser option of buying Diamonds; so, InnoGames decided to reduce the number of Diamonds for 3 specific packs, which are:

A) The 9.99$ Pack
B) The 19.99$ Pack
C) The 49.99$ Pack

If I use the 49.99$ Pack as an example, if a player decides to spend a bit more money, then this player will get 11000 Diamonds for 88$ (so 125 Diamonds per $, a 39% bonus!)

Yes, of course, you end up spending more money in a single shot...but if you regularly purchase Diamonds from InnoGames then what is the issue? You just balance your budget accordingly and, instead of buying Diamonds twice (and spend more money in the end by the way) you buy Diamonds once, you have more Diamonds and, all you need to worry about, is to MANAGE YOUR DIAMONDS CONSUMPTION ;)

Discussing this topic several times in the past (trust me, Diamonds Purchase is a recurring hot topic in the Global Chat lol) I am always surprised to see that lots of players are not good with numbers! They either purchase the same low packages over and over again (resulting in more money spent) and/or they BURN their Diamonds extremely quickly...and this is happening NOW, 1 month before the announced Diamonds Packages changes ;)

Does it bother me that we will get less Diamonds from some packages? Well the answer is NO...why? Because from the very beginning, I realized that long term investments are way better than short and recurring ones (and this apply to LOTS of stuff in your daily life hehehe) and, because I can respect my budget AND manage my Diamonds consumption, I win at the end of the day.

Yours truly,

jesuismoti :)

DeletedUser110180

Players leaving the game daily....long standing old guard players....you should be enticing players to stay...draw them in with juicy rewards...decent packages...but no....the greed and arrogance in you shines through, more players will leave..less players will buy packages...and the game will just become even more monotonous than it is already becoming....I really dread to think how much I’ve spent on this game..for what ?...to be insulted by you...my money now stays firmly in my bank...you can shove your events...if I can’t complete them without diamonds.....then I won’t play them...simple

DeletedUser110180

Adding my "2 cents" here :)

I think that it is safe to say that a lot of FoE players complaining within this thread, about this change on some of the Diamonds Packages, are players that never or rarely purchase Diamonds with cash for various reasons...

Then, for players who spend some cash on this game every now and then, maybe this change would upset some of them...however, let's take a look at some stats shall we?

For this post I will only consider the Browser option of buying Diamonds; so, InnoGames decided to reduce the number of Diamonds for 3 specific packs, which are:

A) The 9.99$ Pack
B) The 19.99$ Pack
C) The 49.99$ Pack

If I use the 49.99$ Pack as an example, if a player decides to spend a bit more money, then this player will get 11000 Diamonds for 88$ (so 125 Diamonds per $, a 39% bonus!)

Yes, of course, you end up spending more money in a single shot...but if you regularly purchase Diamonds from InnoGames then what is the issue? You just balance your budget accordingly and, instead of buying Diamonds twice (and spend more money in the end by the way) you buy Diamonds once, you have more Diamonds and, all you need to worry about, is to MANAGE YOUR DIAMONDS CONSUMPTION ;)

Discussing this topic several times in the past (trust me, Diamonds Purchase is a recurring hot topic in the Global Chat lol) I am always surprised to see that lots of players are not good with numbers! They either purchase the same low packages over and over again (resulting in more money spent) and/or they BURN their Diamonds extremely quickly...and this is happening NOW, 1 month before the announced Diamonds Packages changes ;)

Does it bother me that we will get less Diamonds from some packages? Well the answer is NO...why? Because from the very beginning, I realized that long term investments are way better than short and recurring ones (and this apply to LOTS of stuff in your daily life hehehe) and, because I can respect my budget AND manage my Diamonds consumption, I win at the end of the day.

Yours truly,

jesuismoti :)
I’ve spent thousands on this game...my city is testament to that...so don’t try backing up your bosses with BS....it’s a rip off....you know it...we know it...inno knows it....I only ever bought the most expensive packages....they ripped us off putting the price of those up...I spent less...now another change..I’ll spend NOTHING anymore...and a lot of players will feel exactly the same as me

DeletedUser108359

diamonds.PNG

This is what i get in South Africa.
1 GBP = R18,53 At this moment its now R18.58
1 USD = R14.36 Now R14.40
1 Euro = R16.00 Now R16.04
The 1st set of rates was as at 7am this morning local time.
So the 49.99 cost me R 717,85
US 79.99 = R 1148.65
That's a LOT of money here. and this is now, before the changes.

P.S.... im not complaining about it, just making a comparison.
Maybe im wrong and its actually cheaper than other countries because i dont know the average cost of living there and i haven't done all the math.
All im saying is that it is a very expensive for us here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser108359

Players leaving the game daily....long standing old guard players.

I dont know how relevant that is to the prices, but i know a lot of players on my friends list with very high points some over 100mill have stopped playing. ( obviously i dont know for sure why they stopped )

DeletedUser111428

I’ve spent thousands on this game...my city is testament to that...so don’t try backing up your bosses with BS....it’s a rip off....you know it...we know it...inno knows it....I only ever bought the most expensive packages....they ripped us off putting the price of those up...I spent less...now another change..I’ll spend NOTHING anymore...and a lot of players will feel exactly the same as me

Hi Sir Lord Comic! As a Moderator, I am volunteering me time to monitor our Forum and I am definitely not on InnoGames' Payroll ;)

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, as long as it is respectful to all players within the Forum Thread :)

Regards,

jesuismoti

Emberguard

Legend
Yes. Off the top of my head Daily Challenges used to reduce your progress towards the Challengers Chest every time you fail to complete a Daily Challenge. They also removed scouting from the DC quests and changed it so you only get map quests if you currently have sectors available to take. Settlements also had major changes due to player complaints. The entire balancing was re-done and instead of each building having a set production time they added the adjustable production times.

Agent327

Overlord
Yes. Off the top of my head Daily Challenges used to reduce your progress towards the Challengers Chest every time you fail to complete a Daily Challenge. They also removed scouting from the DC quests and changed it so you only get map quests if you currently have sectors available to take. Settlements also had major changes due to player complaints. The entire balancing was re-done and instead of each building having a set production time they added the adjustable production times.

And this all happened cause of feedback on the beta?

PromethiusTM

Corporal
Hi Sir Lord Comic! As a Moderator, I am volunteering me time to monitor our Forum and I am definitely not on InnoGames' Payroll ;)

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, as long as it is respectful to all players within the Forum Thread :)

Regards,

jesuismoti

My understanding was Moderators and In Game Moderators (got paid Diamonds monthly) all be it your not on the official Pay Roll as an employee but you do get paid in some "form" meaning you are technically on the pay roll ;-)

That said you all do a fine job and i have had very little to complain about when it comes to getting things sorted no matter what.

As for the Diamonds i am the first to admit i have spent a lot more than a lot, in fact i have probably spent more than the running costs for a small country a lot lol and if i am honest i probably will still spend my money on them. Why because i Choose too.

Price increases, decreases amount of diamonds per $ £ Euro whatever if you want them you will buy them if you dont you wont, we get 100s of Free In Game Diamonds in quests, GE etc... every week.

Yes the Events do sometimes require Diamonds to complete but not always, over the years i have played i have managed many times to complete Events without spending a Penny.

Its all about the individual journey of FoE, some will want to progress quicker (you will need diamonds) others dont its simple.

Ephiferus

Private
No worries. I will just simply:
  • Reduce the of amount of Diamonds I purchase in the 9.99 package by 8%
  • Reduce the of amount of Diamonds I purchase in the 19.99 package by 18%
  • Reduce the of amount of Diamonds I purchase in the 49.99 package by 22%

DeletedUser117424

I don't even have enough time to play the game - But I am here to spout my mouth off anyway - If ya buy buy diamonds you should get extra privileges - Full stop. I suggest if ya buy diamonds regularly you can at least set your friends neighbours and guildmates on auto aid tavern visit. Anyway. If you don't want to buy diamonds thats your perogative. those that do should recieve diamonds and some more benefits. Thank you :)

Agent327

Overlord
I don't even have enough time to play the game - But I am here to spout my mouth off anyway - If ya buy buy diamonds you should get extra privileges - Full stop. I suggest if ya buy diamonds regularly you can at least set your friends neighbours and guildmates on auto aid tavern visit. Anyway. If you don't want to buy diamonds thats your perogative. those that do should recieve diamonds and some more benefits. Thank you :)

You already get extra priviliges.

Emberguard

Legend

Diamonds mainly do two things:
1) speed things up
2) give you more of something

Was auto-aid and tavern visit the only privileges you had in mind? On desktop mode you can use 5 diamonds to collect everything in one click and reset all the productions together.

DeletedUser114055

Not gonna quote anyone, as same things have been said by many, this:
"This will make it pay for win", "pure greed", "if you reduce prices..." and more like this

Reality: The opposite!!

Judging by events, in which i have managed to complete the buildings and get silver league in 6-7 worlds without spending diamonds.
Gold league is 1%, heavy spenders. All they get is a bit more fp, a portait, a SoK (obtainable in daily play), etc.
Silver 5%, is achievable with good strategy (it IS a strategy game, right?), and get the upgrades, by completing quests and logging daily, or by little spending.

Wanna make it pay for win? reduce prices at half! :so now instead of 1% you have 20-25% players spending, say goodbye to Silver league! and see more players using diamonds for other stuff, not only events

Wait, as suggested: make it 1/3 price!:
now 50% players spending, say goodbye to bronze unless you do spend.
So now, 50% of players that don´t spend, have little to no chance, by this point better make it a monthly fee, so those that can´t afford anything, will not play at all!! As so many can now afford the 1/3 prize..and give diamonds monthly. Bps, goods, all start losing value, as are now cheap to buy with diamonds. Things that take 1 year to achieve now are done within 3 months..,
Go on, ask for price reduction, and see the game destroyed.

Leave the diamond buying to those that can afford it if you think prize is high, at least the players that don´t can still compete as it is now.

DeletedUser101009

Any other reason for the increase other than greed? I'd lay a pound to the penny that any extra income from the increase will not be put towards fixing what's already broken lol. As someone who buys diamonds regularly I will be buying no more, way to go Inno let's keep the people who pay the bills happy.

DeletedUser99588

Any other reason for the increase other than greed? I'd lay a pound to the penny that any extra income from the increase will not be put towards fixing what's already broken lol. As someone who buys diamonds regularly I will be buying no more, way to go Inno let's keep the people who pay the bills happy.

To pay the bills? Not enough players are buying diamonds so they are trying to pull in more revenue from those that are buying. I suspect newer players spend the most as a group and are unaware of getting less diamonds for their money. The longer you play the less need there is to to spend. Personally I will try and spend some money each year but only during an event that I like and the last time that occurred was the summer event with pirate ships. I had put aside money for xmas but the event was poor so didn't spend. Most event events are meh and the random nature of success makes spending money unlikely. Most want a guaranteed return on the invest and most of the events do not offer anything close to it.