• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Upcoming changes to Diamond Packages

DeletedUser114794

as players we should stand for the little guy with small budget. these changes will force them to dig deeper in their pockets for larger packets. we all know what happens when you buy loads of diamonds you spend them twice as fast and need to buy them again.

I suggest a general boycotte on diamonds from may1st to may 15 th this will help them review their policy concerning diamond prices. if problem persists we should call for periodic diamond boycottes. in the game its player against player guild against guild but now i think all players in all guilds should unit on commun front a new challenge arises that of keeping game accessible to all levels of players. We do not want a game where top players paid their way up there we want equal oppurtunity for all

DeletedUser115057

The pricing, as it is currently, is already quite high. Add to the fact that boosts and minor building are presently very expensive - almost 1000 diamonds for a minor building as a special offer - is going to kill the player base. Some of the costs for bonus items, events, etc., seem like they must be mistakes at first. The most recent event, 700 diamonds for 400 points was far too expensive. Also consider that there is no way to realistically acquire diamonds unless they're purchased. Increasing the costs will only discourage players from making purchases. The model here is going the wrong way - the demand is already there - lower prices increase sales. Economics 101.

I have $upported this game in the past, but I will no longer do so. I may even quit if this is the direction it's taking.

DeletedUser112017

I have to pay in € and not in £ and get the same package prices. How can that be fair on an international server?

How much diamonds you get for 50 GBP? For 50 euros is currently 5800 (it will be 5000 after this nerf)

DeletedUser117241

Wan't some advice inno take a leaf out of Plariums book... have ridiculous shop offers for small amounts money however fleeting and many many more people will buy, bottom line is at current rates 1 person buys top pack where 100's would not consider at that price... provide the same pack for say 20% of current pack price and you only need to attract 5 buyers from that group to make the same profit.... but i'm sure more than 5 would be tempted to buy so you will be quids in !
I've never paid a penny for this game and I certainly won't ever be tempted if you keep making the packs ever poorer in value.
This generation is a bunch of bargain hunters so give us bargains or walk on by..... it seems you support the pay to play fools that just wanna keep throwing money at you.... and this price change will for sure make some of them reconsider...

DeletedUser117391

Some price changes have been announced and you can read about it here. Please feel free to post your comments and questions below
Just call it what it is a price increase and forget the nonsense

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s basically your funeral. Greed has killed bigger games that this, best example being the first game of this kind – eRepublik.

Already looking at the new players retention rate one could notice that the game is decaying, you’ve just added the final touch.

It does not surprises me because in today ‘free market’ most decent businesses turn from decent profitable ideas and making a honest buck to greedy crooks. I have never dreamt you’d be any better, I’ve played too many similar games to still believe in miracles.

I do understand the increase in price what is more annoying is the fact that you have also decreased the amount of diamonds that could be earned in the game. You have tinkered and rigged the rewards so now is raining coins and resources.

Is not stupid he who ask the price, is stupid he who pays the asking price. As far I’m concern I will no longer buy diamonds.It's not a matter of money but one of principle because I see where you're going. More than sure there will be newer and better games on the market, I do not care for the time or money spent on this game, I will move on playing another game.

How much diamonds you get for 50 GBP? For 50 euros is currently 5800 (it will be 5000 after this nerf)
Check the russian or/and romanian servers to see how many diamonds they get there for £50! 30% more than UK or US servers.
Why? Because people do not have money to waste on pixels and Inno tries to make the packages more apprealing.
Nevertheless, people are not stupid and few buys the packages. So Inno has decided to rip off the ones who are more prepared to pay the asking price.

Last edited:

DeletedUser116921

I have always been disappointed with the packages they offer my friend gets 50% extra offer regularly but i have never had that offer and when you enquire they say it is random. We are both on en servers but he always get the offer, he had twice in one month and i have never had the offer since i started this game :(
same as you.

DeletedUser4800

I've never bought any of the already OVERPRICED packages as they are, I've only bought them when you have the special deals when you add a lot more diamonds to them, that is when I usually buy the $19 package. I've bought diamonds when you were giving 2600 and 5100 on the $19 package.

Even that I feel is kind of overpriced since 2600 diamonds is basically only 4 expansions.

So for $20 I basically ONLY get 4 expansions. I could buy brand new games for $20, smaller indie games, though games that are actually really good. I bought Grim Dawn for $20 on sale, I've bought the whole X3 series of games for $20 on sale, I've bought the Witcher 3 for $20 on sale, etc...

I've bought so many full blown games for $20 or less that provide me with hundreds and hundreds of hours of entertainment. This is active entertainment as well, not the log in once for 5-10 minutes in FOE.

So $19 for the current amount of diamonds is a ripoff. The fact that you are reducing the smallest packages, and not increasing them is absurd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forwandert

Major-General
Just call it what it is a price increase and forget the nonsense

This all the way. I dont know what demographic of the population inno thinks it's explaining too with the jackanory story about balancing but it would have been a lot easier to swallow explained as the price increase it is rather than insulting everyones intelligence.

As it goes I hardly purchase now, my two larger purchases for expansions where done on 100% bonus offers so I shouldnt have a reason to buy anymore really anyway.

The explanation for the price increase however is an insult to your customers (assuming Inno realises that the people the price increase will affect is their paying customers) and should be adjusted.

DeletedUser117398

OK....I live in Europe. Inflation rate is less than 2% (actual 1.6%) . These price rises are up to 22%..... Roughly 14 times inflation rate....What morons are deciding this? Are Innogames in financial trouble? Should stockholders Sell? Clearly YES.
Only one word to describe it....Extortion......
Only one way to deal with it.....don't buy diamonds.

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Uhm what? Does this random thing: "happy Anniversary, we been going for seven years so lets now make things worse for the people who actually support us" really need to happen?

The diamond rates are already poor, they have been poor for ages, there is different prices depending on even mobile/Browser and completely different prices if you are international. Since I am in Australia the rates are poor, even poorer in other countries.

Diamonds should be increasing in the packages to make up for the prices, this would cause more people to buy them, right? Since you get more out of the packs so they feel more worth the price?

And now for my real question:

Does this effect the Diamond starter packages we get when we roll a new world?

DeletedUser111095

I did the math and the new calculations seem a little awkward:
  • if you take the £9.99 package, which contains 650 diamonds (web version) and you remove 8%, you're left with 598 diamonds;
  • if you take the £19.99 package, which contains 1700 diamonds (web ver.) and you remove 18%, you're left with 1394 diamonds,
Will you be rounding these up, for example 600 diamonds for £9.99 and 1400 diamonds for £19.99?

Goremise

Lieutenant-General
Honestly though, as for diamond spending it would be nice if the event specials were actually worth it too. I see the popup saying "Buy now get free event currency" meanwhile the amount of event currency is so incredibly tiny even in the big package it's almost pointless to even tap or click on the popup.

Why not improve the quality of life for spenders? If they want to spend on diamonds, let them, even the first comment here is someone thanking people spending. Why not give them more of an incentive to spend, not less of one?

DeletedUser115057

Raised this issue with my guild, almost ALL of the advanced players have said that NONE of them ever bought diamonds but have stockpiled THOUSANDS. Most from doing GE4 AND world farming. Some stating that wishing wells also give diamonds, although I personally have 5-6 and have NEVER seen a diamond from one. The "balancing" Inno are describing is being applied to the wrong area, they should be looking at these BIG GE4 payouts and, more importantly, WORLD FARMING!

If the prices increase, I'm out and I don't think I would be the only one.