• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GVG tactics that break the spirit of the rules

Emberguard

Legend
You are right there, when the other guild blocked all that area in the west, we decided to attack in the East. My point is that they shouldn’t be able to block almost a 1/3 of the map for any guild to access.
I don't see them blocking anything though. You've only said the NPCs can't be accessed. Not that there's no landing zones on the actual guild hexes that are occupied. It's Guild v Guild for a reason

When the world is new guess what? The entire map is unavailable except one tiny corner. It's not exploitation, it simply needs exploration. Guilds don't control the landing zones. So chances are somewhere on the second half of the map you can attack because that guild is there. If there was no guild there'd be no access to that part of the map at all

As long as a single hex of that guild occupying the land can be landed on you have access to the entire western NPCs. That's all thats needed. A single hex and then you can branch out. Well.... That and a virtual future player. NPCs are harder then most guilds in AA due to age of units used

Last edited:

Shad23

Emperor
Guilds don't control the landing zones.
not entirely true they can block landing zone by releasing 2 hexes larg on the hole coast near their sectors

That's all thats needed. A single hex and then you can branch out
not always possible sometimes guilds must pass through an other guild to get to those sectors
and
like i said OP just needs a few more experienced players to explain how to get through that dificulty , some times allyances are necesary to get this acheived but it can be done

I don't see them blocking anything though. You've only said the NPCs can't be accessed. Not that there's no landing zones on the actual guild hexes that are occupied. It's Guild v Guild for a reason

When the world is new guess what? The entire map is unavailable except one tiny corner. It's not exploitation, it simply needs exploration. Guilds don't control the landing zones. So chances are somewhere on the second half of the map you can attack because that guild is there. If there was no guild there'd be no access to that part of the map at all

As long as a single hex of that guild occupying the land can be landed on you have access to the entire western NPCs. That's all thats needed. A single hex and then you can branch out. Well.... That and a virtual future player. NPCs are harder then most guilds in AA due to age of units used

I am pretty sure that when we were OFF the map, none of those sectors were available, even the ones that are landing zones. - but I'll confirm that for you. We have a dozen experienced players in the guild, some with several years experience with GvG - they all submitted tickets to ask about the tactic. I was the one who decided to take the advice of the Moderator and bring it to the forum, and I appreciate most of the commentary.

Well i hope you won't bet your lunch money on this geting implemented any time soon , i think you'll need to lern to work around problem to solve it , as it is posible to get to those guilds one way or an other

Not holding my breath either, thanks for your input ! It is just ONE guild though - they hold the entire western part of AA.

Shad23

Emperor
like i said try building an alliance with other guilds is a taktick that can help in those situations hit the guild on 2 sides at same time
all i'm saying is :
this is a strategy game find a counter strategy

Last edited:

DeletedUser653

Guys,
you have to take your hats off to them for the great thinking and that does raise a very interesting idea, what if a guild kicks all other guilds off a map and then releases all the LZ's sectors and 1 sector behind it so no guild can land on that age.
Now this is very interesting and while we do not have the medals to do this yet, at the rate we gain medals one day its a real option.
Pretty sure INNO did not intend this and thought the increase in medal costs in AA would prevent a guild taking more than half the map, but today we have about half the map and RR almost all the LZ which can be used to land on us.

I take my hat off to "Three Pointer Star" great tactic and completely within the rules of the game, maybe a little outside the spirt of the game but GVG is a war and theres nothing to stop them doing this.

DeletedUser653

Guys,
you have to take your hats off to them for the great thinking and that does raise a very interesting idea, what if a guild kicks all other guilds off a map and then releases all the LZ's sectors and 1 sector behind it so no guild can land on that age.
Now this is very interesting and while we do not have the medals to do this yet, at the rate we gain medals one day its a real option.
Pretty sure INNO did not intend this and thought the increase in medal costs in AA would prevent a guild taking more than half the map, but today we have about half the map and RR almost all the LZ which can be used to land on us.

I take my hat off to "Three Pointer Star" great tactic and completely within the rules of the game, maybe a little outside the spirt of the game but GVG is a war and theres nothing to stop them doing this.

its been so long since we had a new age and not sure but does 1 sector or group of LZ stay open to land on or is this functionality lost after first landings?

Guys,

Thanks for your input HRC, although I disagree with you - I believe they are exploiting a loophole in the rules - and definately not what was in the game designers intention. A tactic that effectively stifles the ability to wage GvG fights should not be allowed, regardless of how clever it is.

DeletedUser653

had to do the maths, think we have 232 sectors in AA and the last siege would cost 4,832,150 medals which sounds impossible but its not because medals are around 50-100 million for most top guilds and the rate at which we gain medals increases over time, so i really think for the right guild on the right age its possible. But no idea if the original landing LZ become open in this situation and i suspect only FOE could confirm this. It would need some clever tactics to try and manage siege costs and many releases behind would half those costs and make it do able

Napoleon, GvG is a war and any advantage you can get via legal game rules is fine by me, so this tactic is good but use of bots would be cheating. I also think INNO would very quickly step in and open some LZ as I suspect they was never thought that this would be possible.

Shad23

Emperor
i really think for the right guild on the right age its possible
INNO would need to interveen i think if a guild would take controle of an entire map and grey out all landing zones but don't know if there is anything in the rules about a map fully conquered

DeletedUser653

just been working on plan for AA domination and its a real option, by releasing behind and not worrying about keeping number 1 slot for a while you can move across with just the front line and LZ plus 1 kept, you have to have a few 4th line in sectors just in case you get a break in but think its doable with about 130-150 sectors and thats drops the cost to around 900k medals a siege, now that cost is manageable.
Maybe world domination of AA is possible.........
BUT INNO what happens if no LZ are open in AA? Do the original landing LZ for AA reopen? OR CAN I TAKE OVER THE WORLD. feeling giddy now ;)

Edit: with choke point column 31 you can release all sectors to west including all LZ as they do not join up to the column 31, so the only issue is the west and all those LZ's there

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
lol just sent INNO a ticket to ask what would hapen if a guild would take over a map in full and grey out all landing zones
wich at first would be prity funny especialy for guild that ownes the map

ALL maps have atleast one LZ that cannot be greayed out, having said that the guild that takeover the map can bubble that tile.

DeletedUser653

Not possible. There will always be LZ's.

you write your reply without bothering to even read the post, nothing but trolling.
Of course there will still be LZ there, they do not disappear if your release them, but to let you know how GvG works (since you cannot play GvG without a city and guild) if you release the LZ and any sector next to it then that LZ cannot be landed on. Try looking at screen shot from OP to help you understand this.

Again that is something you are assuming. Only reason for that is that YOU do not like this. You have no clue what their intention is.
Of course it was INNOs intention thats why the siege costs increase with each sector taken, its a pretty standard game tool to stop one team taking all. If you read my posts I actually like the idea of taking over the whole of AA.

ALL maps have at least one LZ that cannot be greyed out, having said that the guild that takeover the map can bubble that tile.

How do you know thats theres one LZ that cannot be made a non landing zone (greyed out) not seen any details of that in any forum post. RR or bubbling not that useful because it would open up next LZ touching it but RR or bubbling all the LZ along a sector is possible and the shortest run is 13 sectors, so if inno reopens the landing slots if all LZ are released and no landing slots to land on then you must bubble those along the landing zone, thats not good as landing zone was north west!!

DeletedUser653

lol just sent INNO a ticket to ask what would hapen if a guild would take over a map in full and grey out all landing zones wich at first would be prity funny especialy for guild that ownes the map

Thanks - lets see what they say :)