• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Carnival Event 2019!

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Whilst rather pleased with the hundreds of FPs I acquired, there was little else of any real use to me. My Inventory now contains some more buildings which will never be used but, storage is free. The Sets were particularly uninspired, although some may be able to utilise them, they're not for me. Unless more effort is put into next years Event I will simply ignore it and continue with normal gameplay. I didn't like the blind chance element as Probability exists only as a mathematical concept and has no bearing whatsoever in a game of skill. I much preferred the Russian Roulette I played in my earlier years, that at least was good for a laugh.

Boorg

Captain
I think only me and boorg are satisfied/happy with this event... :O

No we are both Extremely Lucky !!!

Maybe we should buy a few lottery tickets together because with our Extreme Luck we would surly win the Jackpot !!!

We have been addressed as Purely Ignorant and by other names but I did not fail so miserably and I think nether have you therefore I just can’t understand how these Smart people dare to call somebody Ignorant when all they do is complain and fail.

I can prove my game accomplishments to these Smart people because my gains are there for everybody to see but what do some of these Smart people who dare to call me Ignorant have to show for their accomplishments, most probably NOTHING!

When things do not turn out 100% as I anticipated I never act like a little child and start crying, moaning and grumbling for more than 3 weeks but I accept it and leave the battle field with my head high because I did my best and satisfied with it. Apart from that I never go to battle with just a rifle and no ammunition.

Further more I play this game for fun and relaxation and not to become depressed therefore I accept what the game offers and if I don’t like an Event I just skip it. On the other hand if I feel something in this game can be improved or is unfair I forward my views, opinion and if necessary a complaint but I will never act like a little child!

Rest assured @Ceban that we are not alone its just that other people don’t post.

DeletedUser114342

Overall it has been an interesting event. Thanks Inno for your hard work. I spent 770 diamonds which I only benefitted from half. The other half was ‘kindly’ donated to the hood pool :)

In the end I got what I got what I wanted from the event apart from missing out on Reno kits.

But, as for the enjoyment factor, I would say it was the least enjoyable event I’ve participated in. I think if it is the same next year I will definitely skip it.

DeletedUser6974

it was a fun event until the end of it, apparently the diamond spenders were busy, pushed even the Bronze League way out of reach.
why would an event like this have the final League award controlled by diamond spenders in the hood???
2 days before the event ended i was 2k into the Bronze League and had spent all my coins, by the end i was 4k away from even getting into the Bronze, i cant even imagine how many diamonds i would need to spend to get into the Silver or Gold. ... disappointing
i hope the developers stop using diamonds as a controlling factor on how their customers end up in event placements :(

Boorg

Captain
In Mount Killmore - I never saw the Piazza Clock Tower, yet saw the others multiple times, as well as other things...

You must have missed it every time it came out because the Piazza Clock Tower was available in Mount Killmore when it was available in the other worlds, in fact the same Special Prize was available at the same time in all the worlds.

Emberguard

Legend
In Mount Killmore - I never saw the Piazza Clock Tower, yet saw the others multiple times, as well as other things...
On [fan wiki] someone posted a link to a spreadsheet they were keeping track of all the prizes on. I've edited in the server times. Hopefully that'll help you find out when the tower was available for you

upload_2019-3-14_20-34-53.png

Last edited:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
No we are both Extremely Lucky !!!

Maybe we should buy a few lottery tickets together because with our Extreme Luck we would surly win the Jackpot !!!

We have been addressed as Purely Ignorant and by other names but I did not fail so miserably and I think nether have you therefore I just can’t understand how these Smart people dare to call somebody Ignorant when all they do is complain and fail.

I can prove my game accomplishments to these Smart people because my gains are there for everybody to see but what do some of these Smart people who dare to call me Ignorant have to show for their accomplishments, most probably NOTHING!

When things do not turn out 100% as I anticipated I never act like a little child and start crying, moaning and grumbling for more than 3 weeks but I accept it and leave the battle field with my head high because I did my best and satisfied with it. Apart from that I never go to battle with just a rifle and no ammunition.

Further more I play this game for fun and relaxation and not to become depressed therefore I accept what the game offers and if I don’t like an Event I just skip it. On the other hand if I feel something in this game can be improved or is unfair I forward my views, opinion and if necessary a complaint but I will never act like a little child!

Rest assured @Ceban that we are not alone its just that other people don’t post.
What annoyed me the most is when i gave them advice how to reduce luck factor (it cant be elliminated for sure) i got attacked and treated like i am crazy cause i even dare to think it isnt all 100% about luck.

DeletedUser116322

Since when are they called WORKSHOPS ?
i did put in a support call because i didn't know if they meant a production or goods building. their reply "some like calling production buildings workshops"

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
What annoyed me the most is when i gave them advice how to reduce luck factor (it cant be elliminated for sure) i got attacked and treated like i am crazy cause i even dare to think it isnt all 100% about luck.
Any time you have a 100% RNG-only based event, it IS inherently entirely 'luck based', since Inno is automatically consigning at least 1-2% of the entire player based to being RNG-screwed no matter what those player do.

This is why the 'normal' style of events is good.
ie: gain event currency, spend on chests x/y/z -> earn progress a/b/c towards 'grand prizes'.

Now control over individual outcome is entirely in the hand of the player.
If they do the event poorly, ie: don't finish quest line/miss daily log-ins/pick the poorest chest options/etc..., then any success vs. failure is entirely on them.

What the carnival event is though is just praying to god you'll be within the statistically 'average -> above average' 66% of players, vs. the 33% who are doomed to be gakked on due to the nature of purely RNG based systems.

Galladhorn

Monarch
EVENT FEEDBACK

Applause for creating an event with so random output as this Carnival – I managed to get a full upgraded set on my small EMA city, while on my Fully teched VF city the same was not the case even using diamonds trying.

Overall it felt like a too long event, mainly because it has to be played with caution – any mistake was imo certainly counting as a mistake with the consequneces to follow – meaning saving up florins and waiting for that particular part of the puzzle to show up. I play dayli and normally visit several times a day – That Cafe I saw once in the whole period, the same for the House – which for both I only managed to win for the small city.

I was not a fan of the fast roation of prizes, or rather if the rotation of the Special prizes have to occur so frequently I would like to see an "UP NEXT" functionality – which some of the other events provide. It is okay that it is not too easy to win the full set, but not really on the premise of not being able to catch the special Prize in the roation flow, unless being online a lot ofr such a long period.

There is nothing to complain about for the design of the event nor the set – it all fits well togther and the aesthetics are kept and the output is good.
All the extra prizes coming along with trying to win the main Prizes was also well and good.

But I feel relieved that this event is now over – and somehow I do not recon that those creating the event really want the players to feel like that about an event, which essentially should be a game highlight more than anything else. Offcourse this is just me opinion and other have their opinions.

Cheers :)

DeletedUser116572

as with any aspect of this game inno has two methods of getting feedback on how well this event worked
one method is the feedback from this forum which is condensed and probably says that there were a few disgruntled persons who voiced loud complaints
the other method is the metrics of how many people played the event and how much diamonds were spent and how much money
you can guess which form of feedback speaks the loudest

in my opinion the best way to send inno a message about an event is to not engage in the event and dont spend diamonds or buy diamonds during the event

DeletedUser96901

actually missing one building is no problem
everybody who completed the questline got a selection kit

Last edited by a moderator: