• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Already Suggested: Tavern boost, cancel running boost.

Do you support this idea?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser116654

Hi all,

Suggestion: Add a way to cancel a running boost in the friends tavern.
Why?: Sometimes you purchase a boost, and later realize that you need to purchase another boost, what option do you have? Either spend 50 diamonds, or wait for the previous boost to end.

Abuse: I see no way for this to be abused.

Has this ever been suggested?: I couldn't find any thread like this one.

Please support this idea if you see nothing wrong with it, and if you don't support it, please write why. Thanks.

DeletedUser116654

Ah well, right. The search function doesn't work so well then, it seems. Boost + Tavern or Tavern + Boost should have found this thread, or maybe it's just me searching incorrectly, lol... Anyway, that's a few months old thread so I guess it's not a bad thing to bring up this idea once again?

Emberguard

Legend
@Mightyaryan you'd need to search:
Boost, tavern
or
"boost", "tavern"

comma separates the terms. Quote marks looks for exact phrases

the entire need for this idea that you've brought up is to avoid diamond cost. Why is 50 diamonds a problem? Are you unable to get far in GE to acquire more diamonds then you spend?

The other aspect of allowing something like this is you'll change "active X boosts from tavern" into a activate. delete. activate. delete. activate. Quest complete type scenario which is where the biggest abuse (that and changing shield boost times) from this will come from. I call it abuse as that just takes away all time management needed during an event for those quests. Unless of course you're also prepared to be given a popup that says "Warning - all activate tavern boost quests will be reset back to 0 if you abort this tavern boost"

DeletedUser116654

50 diamonds is a problem because it ain't worth it. As far as quests are concerned, there can be quests added with "activate and finish" X number of boosts in the Friends Tavern, or something like that. About the city shield, I don't really understand the problem. Enlighten me on that?

DeletedUser

50 diamonds is a problem because it ain't worth it. As far as quests are concerned, there can be quests added with "activate and finish" X number of boosts in the Friends Tavern, or something like that. About the city shield, I don't really understand the problem. Enlighten me on that?
If I can cancel tavern boosts, I can activate a city shield when I'm away and then cancel it when I'm back and use other boosts. The easiest application of that would be a shield during night time so that no one can attack and plunder you and an attack boost during the day so that you can attack and plunder others.

DeletedUser116654

If I can cancel tavern boosts, I can activate a city shield when I'm away and then cancel it when I'm back and use other boosts. The easiest application of that would be a shield during night time so that no one can attack and plunder you and an attack boost during the day so that you can attack and plunder others.
You can also do that now by putting up 8h shield during night time, no?

DeletedUser96901

looks like some don't know that city shield doesn't prevent from plundering only from attacking

so if you would use a city shield for the night only then players would attack you at the day and then later in the night they can plunder with your city shield activated

because if a player attacked before the city shield was active he still can plunder the next 24 hours even if the city shield then was activated

DeletedUser116654

There is no 8hr shield. Only 24hr-72hr shields
Ah, right, my bad, I don't really use the shield. So, by cancelling 24h shield at, let's say after 8h, the person will be wasting a lot of tavern silver. For how long will you be able to save your tavern silver like this? For me it won't be very long. I am not very much into Friends Tavern (I actually took a long break from the game after end of 2016 and then the Tavern was a new feature, so I don't have a lot of info about it), so I may be wrong.

Agent327

Overlord
Ah, right, my bad, I don't really use the shield. So, by cancelling 24h shield at, let's say after 8h, the person will be wasting a lot of tavern silver. For how long will you be able to save your tavern silver like this? For me it won't be very long. I am not very much into Friends Tavern (I actually took a long break from the game after end of 2016 and then the Tavern was a new feature, so I don't have a lot of info about it), so I may be wrong.

So you are not very much into the Tavern, but still try to change the way it functions, without fully knowing how it functions.

Makes perfect sense.

Emberguard

Legend
I have 600k tavern silver. If I was actually attending to my friends list on a daily basis it'd be at least a million if not 2 or 3 million by now based on what other players who do tend their friend lists have stated they achieve.

For how long will you be able to save your tavern silver like this?
So answer: a while. Some could do it for a few months, others close to a year. And this is if they never attend their tavern for additional tavern silver. But those that plunder with a tavern shield in place are probably also going to be maximising on their tavern. Do you really want to potentially give players (both plundered and plunderers) a city shield that can never be countered for a year?

DeletedUser

looks like some don't know that city shield doesn't prevent from plundering only from attacking

so if you would use a city shield for the night only then players would attack you at the day and then later in the night they can plunder with your city shield activated

because if a player attacked before the city shield was active he still can plunder the next 24 hours even if the city shield then was activated
Dude, it was a simplification of the pattern.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
I have 600k tavern silver. If I was actually attending to my friends list on a daily basis it'd be at least a million if not 2 or 3 million by now based on what other players who do tend their friend lists have stated they achieve.

So answer: a while. Some could do it for a few months, others close to a year. And this is if they never attend their tavern for additional tavern silver. But those that plunder with a tavern shield in place are probably also going to be maximising on their tavern. Do you really want to potentially give players (both plundered and plunderers) a city shield that can never be countered for a year?

So, you don't even attend to friend list and end up with excessive Tavern Silvers. And you don't think changes have to be made to deal with such excesses? The OP don't even have such excessive amount of Silvers and yet they already think there should be more ways to spend them. Shouldn't players who do have excessive-excessive silvers support this idea?

I'm glad that while you people are talking the talk, others are voting the vote.

So you are not very much into the Tavern, but still try to change the way it functions, without fully knowing how it functions.

Makes perfect sense.

I stand by one of Agent's old comments that "established old players think they've already known everything about the game". Maybe Agent you should apply that to yourself.

I'd like to support the idea with a modification: The same amount of Tavern Silvers as what is requried to active a boost should be spent as the price to deactive that same boost.

Actually, cancel that modification. I support the idea as it is.

+1

For new players, every single piece of Tavern Silver is precious, they anxiously wait for enough amount to expand the table, unlock chairs, replace the "pan"... And they don't have enough Silvers for Extra Turn and have to negotiate the GE quickly, buy extra encounters with medals to fully unitlize the Extra Turn boost, and so on.

But after the tavern seats are maxed out, everyone quickly obtain more Silvers than they can ever spend. Even the previously ridiculously expensive City Shield now in effect costs nothing, silver-wise; it only costs a boost "booth". Sometimes I'm inclined to activate an Extra Turn boost just for negotiation of a single encounter -- not to that extreme but close.

So, this is just a neglected aspect of the game which is out of balance. Changes have to be made but what those changes should be are subject to futher rumination. (On the other hand, this particular aspect has little impact on the core part of the game. The Tavern is just like a mini-game that is maturated.)

Last edited:

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
If I have said that I should have checked my English.
know.png

Not totally to the point, but side-ways.