• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Concept for the next FoE Era´s.

DeletedUser112069

Jupiter, Sturn, Uranus and Neptune are unadapted for human settlement (They are too cold with way too strong winds, and most of them don't have a ground). In the solar system Earth, Mars and Io are the only planets and moon that have the resources for a long term, large scale and self sustainable settlement.

True about the gas giants being unsuitable for human habitation. But, there are many solid surface moons orbiting those gas giant planets, that, with the proper terraforming technology (>wink< >wink< >nudge< >nudge< >hint< >hint<) and solar energy concentration/magnification techs, could make those moons habitable in the future. Eventually the human race is going to leave the third rock from the sun in order to survive as a species, so I think it would be in Inno's best financial interests to embrace a little speculative future history for upcoming FOE eras.

In short, Inno needs to do something to keep players invested in FOE, otherwise they lose potential revenue when people get bored with the game after being stuck in Virtual Future for years and years with nowhere else to go.

+1 for suggesting a sci-fi angle for future FOE eras

Galladhorn

Monarch
Well, we now spend the complete FoE period from start till now on Earth – Though Mars as a planet does not seam to have the same amount of diversity to offer it could provide for at least two Era´s. Also there is a space mission planned for the Moon "Europa" – in fact someone wants that to be a manned mission (Most and very likely suicidal of nature) never the less that was the aim last time I looked.

But as mentioned I do not really understaand why Inno did not make the Moon first, then followed by Mars. China has just landed on the dark side of the Moon. Anyways I remain curious what kind of concepts and desgins the space adventure will bring. At least I always found Space Tech to be a treat for the eye.

DeletedUser112069

Whatever they plan to do, they are already working on. These type of ideas are useless and a waste of time.

My dear beloved forum troll,

No, they aren't useless or a waste of time. Inno embraces new player ideas for the game; so much so that there's an entire FOE forum thread dedicated to the discussion of new player ideas for the game. There's no difference between expressing a new game idea here than there is expressing a new game idea in the official forum thread. Just because YOU don't like the idea doesn't mean it's a waste of time.

If you can't be constructive or polite with your criticism, then do the forum a favor and troll YouTube instead of us.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
But as mentioned I do not really understaand why Inno did not make the Moon first, then followed by Mars. China has just landed on the dark side of the Moon.
That's just what the Decepticons want you to think...
Everyone *knows* the Pillars are already "safely" tucked away at Area 51. ;)

Galladhorn

Monarch
That's just what the Decepticons want you to think...
Everyone *knows* the Pillars are already "safely" tucked away at Area 51. ;)

Well, we can dicuss various deceptions and/or conspiracy theory scenarios. In either case for the game it would seam kind of "logical" to establish a Moonbase if We/FoE are going to venture the nearby universe. But the case is already set for Mars.