• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Carnival 2019 Spoilers

Emberguard

Legend
@Thomas Covenent
Out of all the players those that handled their florins wisely going for the 100% chance instead of blowing it on the 5% chance that's where I'd expect meaningful feedback from in terms of whether it's possible to complete or needs adjusting.

If there weren't moaning from the carnival event I'd be surprised. By its very nature it's the only event I can think of that'd allow a player to be able to complete the event and gamble away all the event currency required to obtain the main prize. Of course that'd be the players choice if they did so, but it's a lot more alluring to think of winning a 1000 florin pot at 5% then the 10 at 100% no matter how illogical a 5% chance may be.

DeletedUser113901

@Thomas Covenent
Out of all the players those that handled their florins wisely going for the 100% chance instead of blowing it on the 5% chance that's where I'd expect meaningful feedback from in terms of whether it's possible to complete or needs adjusting.

If there weren't moaning from the carnival event I'd be surprised. By its very nature it's the only event I can think of that'd allow a player to be able to complete the event and gamble away all the event currency required to obtain the main prize. Of course that'd be the players choice if they did so, but it's a lot more alluring to think of winning a 1000 florin pot at 5% then the 10 at 100% no matter how illogical a 5% chance may be.
You obviously do not understand statistics.
5*1000/100 = 50
100*10/100 = 10
So your "wisdom" costs you 40 florins per ticket.

DeletedUser96901

correct
if the pot is 1000 then go for it ;)

btw if you don't use double chance with 1000 that will cost you another 30 florins per ticket
10% of 1000 = 100
- 20 for double chance = 80

5*1000/100 = 50
100*10/100 = 10
and the wisdom of other costs them florin

to get to 1000 it need to start with 100
and 5% of 100 is 5 the half of 100% of 10

:lol:

DeletedUser116639

but you fight against your neighbors to get the "big pot"

imagine two payer fighting for a big 1500 pot at the time of the neighborhood change
both get moved away from that hood and 3rd from a different hood comes to that hood and wins that

not the florins. those you need to win first
and there you are only against your neighbors

I doubt that
The Florins that can be won by playing the 3 games are not limited to the approximately 75 players in your neighbourhood, this time you are up against EVERY PLAYER in your world.

DeletedUser113901

The Florins that can be won by playing the 3 games are not limited to the approximately 75 players in your neighbourhood, this time you are up against EVERY PLAYER in your world.
No you aren't.
to get to 1000 it need to start with 100
and 5% of 100 is 5 the half of 100% of 10
Obviously they are likely to get it after 20 attempts on average wich means an average pot of 400 florins, that's 20 florins/ticket.

DeletedUser116639

No you aren't.

Obviously they are likely to get it after 20 attempts on average wich means an average pot of 400 florins, that's 20 florins/ticket.
I am NOT referring to how many attempts are needed to win a set amount of Florins.
In the 2018 Carnival Event there was a prize awarded every 3 days for the person that collected the largest Game Pot during that 3 day period, that was awarded on a Neighbourhood basis (A neighbourhood normally starts with 75 players), so you were only trying to collect the Game Pots against other players in your Neighbourhood.
In the 2019 Carnival Event the Game Pots are not limited to the players in your Neighbourhood. The Game Pots are Worldwide.
I know this as I saw a player than was NOT in my neighbourhood win the Boat Race.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I am NOT referring to how many attempts are needed to win a set amount of Florins.
In the 2018 Carnival Event there was a prize awarded every 3 days for the person that collected the largest Game Pot during that 3 day period, that was awarded on a Neighbourhood basis (A neighbourhood normally starts with 75 players), so you were only trying to collect the Game Pots against other players in your Neighbourhood.
In the 2019 Carnival Event the Game Pots are not limited to the players in your Neighbourhood. The Game Pots are Worldwide.
I know this as I saw a player than was NOT in my neighbourhood win the Boat Race.
You play for florins against your neighbourhood.
You spend those florins & compete in the leagues vs. the entire server.

There is (as of beta) NO 3-day-prize cycle this year. (because they've been replaced by the leagues.:P )

DeletedUser96901

sure

In the Carnival Event you compete against players from your Neighborhood. Every time you lose, the pool of Florins rises for that particular option. The first person from your Neighborhood lucky enough to win, will take all the Florins that have accumulated in the meantime. While winning the first game is not much of an achievement (you will always win a small sum of Florins), it is a bit more difficult for the second and third game. If you have enough luck to be successful, you will win the entire Florins pool that has accumulated for this particular game.
some people really think that is the whole world :lol:

Emberguard

Legend
5*1000/100 = 50
100*10/100 = 10
I understand just fine. 5% only gives more if you happen to (a) get it high enough (b) don't run out of tickets (c) don't get sniped

If you're only using free tickets you're not likely to have all three of those conditions in your favour. You'd need to save up enough tickets that winning the pot will be greater then your losses for holding those tickets instead of getting the hourly regeneration and spending. Because if you don't stockpile tickets before betting you're more likely to lose everything and be unable to stop another player coming along and taking the pot then you are to win with a limited amount of tickets at 5%.

DeletedUser113901

I understand just fine. 5% only gives more if you happen to (a) get it high enough (b) don't run out of tickets (c) don't get sniped

If you're only using free tickets you're not likely to have all three of those conditions in your favour. You'd need to save up enough tickets that winning the pot will be greater then your losses for holding those tickets instead of getting the hourly regeneration and spending. Because if you don't stockpile tickets before betting you're more likely to lose everything and be unable to stop another player coming along and taking the pot then you are to win with a limited amount of tickets at 5%.
If I run out of tickets once it's no problem. I'll probably win next time. Or even later. I don't need THAT peculiar pot. Any large pot will do.

DeletedUser116639

If the Carnival Games are only against our NEIGHBOURS. Can someone please explain to me why a pot of over 2000 florins was won by someone who was NOT within the BETA NEIGHBOURHOOD I was in at the time of the Carnival Test?
I know that the player who won the pot was not a Neighbour as I went looking for them within the NEIGHBOURHOOD Players, to see if I was going to congratulate them or being upset about seeing such a large pot won just seconds before I was about to try and win it, do something less honourable.
Could there really have been a glitch on the BETA SERVER to allow this?

DeletedUser116639

You'll need to ask the beta mod's or send a ticket

Please explain. Should I raise a ticket for a sarcastic comment made about an event that is concluded on the Beta Server. I have provided feedback on what actually happened during game play, unfortunately some people have been rather **** and quoted from the Beta Forum Event page or tried to belittle my comments because it does not fit in with their views.
I think that instead of talking about events maybe they should spend that time playing the game, then they would not need to hope that the prizes that they did not get in previous events, will come back as special prizes in subsequent events.

Agent327

Overlord
Please explain. Should I raise a ticket for a sarcastic comment made about an event that is concluded on the Beta Server. I have provided feedback on what actually happened during game play, unfortunately some people have been rather **** and quoted from the Beta Forum Event page or tried to belittle my comments because it does not fit in with their views.
I think that instead of talking about events maybe they should spend that time playing the game, then they would not need to hope that the prizes that they did not get in previous events, will come back as special prizes in subsequent events.

You experienced a bug on the beta. They can not help you with that here. It is a simple as that.

DeletedUser112892

I will not go for anything big during this event,only for Reno kits for when I decide to push further in eras. This set is just not worth it.

DeletedUser112892

Depends on what you want. I am after reno kits as well as watchers however a set or two would make good replacements for TF's.
I got couple of TFs sitting in inventory. Also, having many SoKs that will be, from now on, replaced by higher FPs efficiency buildings to save up limited HMA city space.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
This new set is really annoying...
It gives ever-so-slightly more fps & goods vs. the Lv2 cherry garden set, but gives absolute crap for atk + def% boosts (especially the Lv2 buildings, which barely gain a boost at all vs. the Lv1's!)

Honestly, the only thing I really *want* out of this event?
The new 'Fire Mask' avatar 'cause it looks freaking awesome!lol.