• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Friends' Chat...

• Thread starter DeletedUser114093
  • Start date

DeletedUser114093

In the same way as we have tabs for: "Global Chat", "Neighborhood Chat", and "Guild Chat", can Inno consider creating a tab for "Friends' Chat"?

There are times I would like to send a message to all my friends in one hit, and can't think of how to achieve that.

If we had a chat line available it would solve this problem.

Shad23

Emperor
No mass mails/ spam no more!!!
+1 well i'd prefer a chat tab in the chat for those then getting them on my message center i don't use chat so i would not eaven notice those anymore if they were to be on a chat tab instead of on message center i hate to deleat those groupe msgs in msg center

DeletedUser

+1 well i'd prefer a chat tab in the chat for those then getting them on my message center i don't use chat so i would not eaven notice those anymore if they were to be on a chat tab instead of on message center i hate to deleat those groupe msgs in msg center

Good point if it isn’t at all possible via the message center anymore in return +1
I don’t care how they make it work as long as they do because I feel you’re right @Cursedveggie

DeletedUser113901

-1 not practical. If Peter is friend with Mary, wich is friend with George, wich is friend with Jane,
You'll end up with conversations like this
P Oh hi Mary!
M Good morning Peter.
P So ready for fighting me in GvG?
M Yes I'll take it, I have the FPs now.
M Wait what CdM?
M I'll make you bite the dust
P Oh hi Mary!
M Good morning Peter.
G My cape is open.
G Congrats on your CdM!
P So ready to fight me in GvG?
M Wait what CdM?
M Good morning Peter.
G My cape is open.
J Sorry not now I just built a CdM.
G Congrats on your CdM!
M Wait what CdM?
M I'll make you bite the dust.
G My cape is open.
J Sorry not now I just built CdM.
G Congrats on your CdM!

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 not practical. If Peter is friend with Mary, wich is friend with George, wich is friend with Jane,
You'll end up with conversations like this
P Oh hi Mary!
M Good morning Peter.
P So ready for fighting me in GvG?
M Wait what CdM?
P Oh hi Mary!
M Good morning Peter.
G My cape is open.
G congrats on your CdM!
P So ready to fight me in GvG?
M wait what CdM?
M Good morning Peter.
G my cape is open.
J sorry not now I just built a CdM.
G congrats on your CdM!
M Wait what CdM?
M I'll make you bite the dust.
G my cape is open.
J sorry not now I just built CdM.
G congrats on your CdM!
You put a lot of thought into that :)

DeletedUser96901

yeah +1

50 different friends chats at a time will be funny

I really don't think this could work due to all the permutations that are going to come up. Every player's fr tab would have to be different.
And then just who would anyone be talking to. All the people on my tab would not be all the people on your tab. a real mess!

Galladhorn

Monarch
Diffcult to see how that would work as already described above in thread - Though I get the intention of your idea. Sending a message to all freinds could be handy and it can, as also said be abused. But in case someone spams with such a feature I am sure they will suddenly have less freinds to spam - so that is a two edged sword. I certainly always appreciate when players send a note when absent from the game.

Many players don´t even know tha there is a chat in FoE - even after years of playing.
And also True abeout Neighborhood chat - I also never saw anybody use it. Its either Global or Guild.

Fact is that FoE´s chat and message systems are rather old fashioned and also cramped for space.
In the Guild Thread Window – a player can see the main Thread line. Then often the second Thread is occupied by Inno.
Then 3 more Thread Windows can fit in the Window, else its a new page. A secondary Tap and similar ideas has been asked for and suggested many times, but nothing seams to happens.

The Chat Windows are extremely small (though can be adjusted vertically) and the window can not float or be place elsewhere.
There is no edit function either in neither Thread or Chat. This function has also been debated Pro and cons etc. – but many online system provides editing options. Foe Does not.

Before we get a freinds chat (which I do not see how could work) I´d really like some of the other limitations to be adressed.