• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural Settlements (Discussion)

• Thread starter DeletedUser113110
  • Start date

eon1299

Private
I am kinda wondering if all future settlements will be similar mechanics. Build->expand->produce goods. Or if other civilisations will be, say, more into fighting. That would make things more interesting.

Also, what do you think guys regarding the date when they release Egyptians? Before or after we have enough time to complete Vikings for 15 times and get that Yg tree upgraded fully? I know it is only a speculation though. I assume you will not be able to do vikings and egyptians at the same time

Dead-Eye

General
I am kinda wondering if all future settlements will be similar mechanics. Build->expand->produce goods. Or if other civilisations will be, say, more into fighting. That would make things more interesting.

Change would be nice.

Also, what do you think guys regarding the date when they release Egyptians? Before or after we have enough time to complete Vikings for 15 times and get that Yg tree upgraded fully? I know it is only a speculation though. I assume you will not be able to do vikings and egyptians at the same time

Every 6 to 8 months seems reasonable.

DeletedUser112069

Alien settlements would be interesting. War of the Worlds. Area 51. Roswell. X-Files.

Also, it would be nice if attacking and plundering neighbor settlements could somehow be incorporated into this. But, given the rotational nature of the settlement types (Vikings, Egypt, etc), I realize it *probably* won't happen.

All in all, I find the settlement game boring. It's just a FOE version of SimCity, so I choose not to play. Yeah, the top shelf Yag is certainly motivational and enticing, but, I already have plenty of fp producing stuff in my main city, so I'm just not that excited about pursuing another high fp producing swag bag item.

Now, if that top shelf yag coughed up a diamond or three every day, plus a random unit, plus an attack AND defense bonus, I might change my tune.

DeletedUser116397

I
Before or after we have enough time to complete Vikings for 15 times and get that Yg tree upgraded fully? I know it is only a speculation though. I assume you will not be able to do vikings and egyptians at the same time

I hate to tell you but I see no way to upgrade the Yg Tree by replaying. The fragments give you a different building. Just assuming that it will be the other cultures that will give the upgrades or a different quest line all together.

Andrew420

Major
I hate to tell you but I see no way to upgrade the Yg Tree by replaying
Replaying the settlements is the only way to up grade tree
1st settlement earns you the tree
settlements 3, 5, 6, 8 ,9, 10, 12, 15, earn you the rest of the upgrades
settlements 2, 4, 7, 11, 13, 14, earns you the emissaries and 3 slots
The fragments give you a different building.
You can only win the fragments of the GRS if you complete the settlement before the timer runs out
It takes 75 fragments for one fully upgraded GRS