• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How do you identify the guild founder

• Thread starter DeletedUser114342
  • Start date

DeletedUser114342

Hi, I've only been playing FOE for a couple of months and I am relatively happy with the guild that I have joined. It currently has 80 members and trading is pretty good and I am starting to get to know the others in the guild. The only issue I have is that none of us can advance in the GE beyond level 1 as the guild founder is MIA. I don't think any of us actually know who the founder is even though the question has been asked to all of the guild members in an open discussion several times. As there are a number of us who would like to go beyond level 1 of GE, it seems pointless to donate to a guild when there is no founder to unlock the other levels. I tried private messaging the player with the highest points in our guild thinking perhaps she would know but got no response. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Dead-Eye

General
I was in a guild like that when I started and stayed because I didn't know any better. Just change and be done with it.

DeletedUser112745

Hello and welcome. :)

If you go to your guild page (and then click the “Members” tab if you’re on PC), you’ll see a list of all the members with symbols to the right of their name.

Anybody with a highlighted crown symbol is a founder of the guild. Anybody with a highlighted star symbol is a leader of the guild. Both of those can unlock GE levels.
Here’s a list of the symbols and what they mean:
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_rights

For example, you can see here that I have all the icons highlighted (brighter) except the founder one. So you can tell I have Leader rights in my guild, but not Founder rights:
519B5DDB-EDB5-4ECF-908F-73D45732457C.jpeg

When all the founders of a guild are inactive for 30 days, the next highest ranked player in the guild is automatically reassigned as the new founder. And no, Game Support can’t tell you how active or inactive your founders are - privacy policy.

Of course you have a couple of options. Wait around 30 days from now, armed with this new information, and wait to see if a new founder is reassigned (if not then the founder is obviously active and simply ignoring everyone, for whatever reason). Or leave and find a guild that is more active and serious about GE. Personally, I’d leave and find a new guild, or I’d be missing out on a lot of good stuff from GE, like forge points, diamonds and those awesome Terrace Farms.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser114342

Thank you so much Scott! I went and checked the members and the founder was not who I expected at all. She has been ignoring the guild members even before I had joined a couple of months ago even though she is still active. If this is the case I will take both yours and Richard's advice and find another guild.

DeletedUser

Xenophon the Prophet 576 I would advise checking upon the new guild before joining, one way would be to simply contact one of them leaders and ask your questions, check on the GuilD Profile how many crowns they got so far in GE, ask them how important is GE for them etc.

DeletedUser114342

Thanks Zubizarus for your advice. My new guild is so much better. They are active in GE and have swap and trade treads. I am so much happier now that I have changed guilds!

DeletedUser112797

Thank you so much Scott! I went and checked the members and the founder was not who I expected at all. She has been ignoring the guild members even before I had joined a couple of months ago even though she is still active. If this is the case I will take both yours and Richard's advice and find another guild.
I experienced the same and found a great new guild and have progressed so mich in a short while, I am now able to go up to level 4

DeletedUser114342

At the moment, my army is not very good (just entered a new age), so can only do up to level 2. But can't wait till I can get up to level 4 though!

DeletedUser112745

At the moment, my army is not very good (just entered a new age), so can only do up to level 2. But can't wait till I can get up to level 4 though!
Attacking level 4 is insanely difficult, even with boosts. You’ll go further if you farm goods to negotiate, using the extra turn boost in the tavern. :)

DeletedUser114342

thanks Scott, but I'm really, really BAD at negotiating! lol

Snarko

Private
Attacking level 4 is insanely difficult, even with boosts. You’ll go further if you farm goods to negotiate, using the extra turn boost in the tavern. :)
Not as much in the early ages. In HMA with 22%/12% boost I can do 10 of the lvl 4 encounters. I usually don't bother, you have to fight slow and methodically and sometimes reset if the map is not favorable. Negotiating is faster but fighting can be done.

I don't remember exactly but I believe I started fighting 63 of the 64 encounters when I had 24%/24% in my second city (also HMA), with no losses.

What it does require is rogues. Rogues, patience, time and experience. Without alcatraz you can't afford to lose (many) rogues, so you have to fight in a way that keeps them alive, which means super careful. That means very long fights, thinking through every step and understanding exactly what the AI will do at any given time.

DeletedUser114342

Thanks Snarko, I only just managed to get my first rogue hideout and don't have an Alcatraz (working towards it though). So at the moment, happy to complete level 2 until my city is better equipped for fighting.

DeletedUser116635

Hi. I'm a guild leader (the founder disappeared ages ago) Exactly HOW do I unlock a new level in GE ? Have had a few requests from guild members.
Thanks in anticipation. Steve

Hi, I've only been playing FOE for a couple of months and I am relatively happy with the guild that I have joined. It currently has 80 members and trading is pretty good and I am starting to get to know the others in the guild. The only issue I have is that none of us can advance in the GE beyond level 1 as the guild founder is MIA. I don't think any of us actually know who the founder is even though the question has been asked to all of the guild members in an open discussion several times. As there are a number of us who would like to go beyond level 1 of GE, it seems pointless to donate to a guild when there is no founder to unlock the other levels. I tried private messaging the player with the highest points in our guild thinking perhaps she would know but got no response. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

This is something support would have to resolve if possible. If no one in the guild is a founder or if the founder(s) are inactive for some specific amount of time (needs to be determined by support), then a founder should be selected from the guild members. possibly based on longevity in that particular guild.

DeletedUser99692

As has been explained Support cannot appoint new founders the system will do that after a set period of absence. Neither can Support unlock GE levels on the guilds behalf. I was pleased to learn that new guilds have been found and that players are happier in their new homes.

Agent327

Overlord
Hi. I'm a guild leader (the founder disappeared ages ago) Exactly HOW do I unlock a new level in GE ? Have had a few requests from guild members.
Thanks in anticipation. Steve

You enter GE. Go to the difficulty level and unlock the other levels.

DeletedUser116635

You enter GE. Go to the difficulty level and unlock the other levels.[/QUOTE]

Supplementary question, how do I unlock the new level ?
I go to GE, click on the star. It then asks me to donate goods. Do I have to turn the goods in red writing to white before I can go up a level ?

Thank you

Steve