• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

HTML / flash feedback

DeletedUser

Quite aware of that being entirely at their discretion, I'm simply trying to help others who might not be aware that the option still currently exists. Incidentally, the rig I described earlier failed at GE L4 until I disabled all effects including Sounds and Music, in Settings after which it worked fine, if a little slow. Still usable but not perfect. I'm not being blasé about this irritating issue (I pulled an all-nighter working on it) and believe that the Coders should have dealt with the matter before HTML5 was rolled out, just as it has been done by people all around the world. Still, no one is perfect.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
i wonder why mods are deleting topics and posts wich are commenting saftey of html version of game when that is something what we should talk about and solve before letting html version of game out...

Ati2

Legend
Unfortunately, it's not a question of what the game developers want. Support for flash is coming to an end. It's not that easy to port a flash game with years of development over to html5 in a matter of months, or even just a short year.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Ok, i can agree with you Ati, but for what they use beta than for testing? Why they test this on us???

Shad23

Emperor
i wonder why mods are deleting topics and posts wich are commenting saftey of html version of game when that is something what we should talk about and solve before letting html version of game out...
lol HTML is far from ready still not playable on my pc ,
i think they were deleated cause my first post was not about security but about playability of game on HTML and they judged that it was off topic

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I know flash comming to an end but its not tommorow but in almost 2 years if i am correct, they could fix some basic things before letting it out.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
still, if flash will be over at the end of year they still could leave html at least 6 months on beta and work more on it before release it to us.

Ati2

Legend
I know flash comming to an end but its not tommorow but in almost 2 years if i am correct, they could fix some basic things before letting it out.
I'm really hoping that they do that. I'm already looking at new PCs, I know I'll have to buy a new one just for FoE because the html5 version is painful on my little "gaming" machine.

Shad23

Emperor
still, if flash will be over at the end of year they still could leave html at least 6 months on beta and work more on it before release it to us.
there doing that to get more feedback to work on the litle things , you can still use flash till it's ditched

Ati2

Legend
From what I heard, you can keep using the flash version until the end of the year.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
playing against bots is no fun at all, i just hope someone wont make script how to replenish killed troops cause then all this is useless, we can quit GvG, i understand its not small job but if they was working on this for a year (at least i had that information from beta players) i think result should be better than mess on day 2 of using html

Ceban

Brigadier-General
From what I heard, you can keep using the flash version until the end of the year.
yes you can, and fight against some 'ultra fast sieges' (i dont know a man wich can place siege in 0.5 seconds) and those sieges start to happend on day when html is released...

Ati2

Legend
yes you can, and fight against some 'ultra fast sieges' (i dont know a man wich can place siege in 0.5 seconds) and those sieges start to happend on day when html is released...

The html5 version has been out for quite some time. Several months. I would even say over half a year, but I'm too lazy to actually look it up in the announcements.

Shad23

Emperor
i think result should be better than mess on day 2 of using html
beta testing is done on a limited % of players sometimes they need more feedback then that limited amount on beta so they release it eather partialy or fully on live servers to get more feedback

Ceban

Brigadier-General
The html5 version has been out for quite some time. Several months. I would even say over half a year, but I'm too lazy to actually look it up in the announcements.
on normal servers no, on day when official info poped up and html became possible then those sieges started and to make one thing clear, here i am not talking about computer preformances, trust me my computer is great but i am talking that you as human cant react so fast in theory. (talking about en5, dont know did anywhere else it released sooner)

Ati2

Legend
on normal servers no, on day when official info poped up and html became possible then those sieges started and to make one thing clear, here i am not talking about computer preformances, trust me my computer is great but i am talking that you as human cant react so fast in theory.
I'm only playing on one of the normal servers (en11), and html5 has been available for months. The popup about ditching flash only came recently, but the html5 version has already been there for quite some time.

Shad23

Emperor
on normal servers no, on day when official info poped up and html became possible then those sieges started and to make one thing clear, here i am not talking about computer preformances, trust me my computer is great but i am talking that you as human cant react so fast in theory.
well i think this has happened befor HTML came to live servers i'v herd of GVG bots a few years ago