• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I want reply from Forge of Empires Developers

• Thread starter DeletedUser113235
  • Start date

Emberguard

Legend
@Mithrander they do listen there's been plenty of things changed in the game because of the various forums.

Listening doesn't mean implementing everything the player demands in the order demanded - it simply means you were heard and it's taken into consideration. Businesses get feedback to find out what the customer wants not to be dictated to

There was a interview on YouTube that touched on the GvG topic - so yes they know it needs fixing in places or updating or replacing with something that goes cross platform.

DeletedUser107470

Let’s face the truth about the forum. They are simply a outlet for players to express there expectations from the game, The moderators are almost all volunteers who play the game just the same as us. They say that a point of view is passed on but in reality we all have no idea of what is passed on or not.
A list of points sent to inno should be published every week along with response if possible. We buy the diamonds and hence pay there wages and deserve bigger feedback than the silence treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
We buy the diamonds and hence pay there wages and deserve bigger feedback than the silence treatment.

Art. 7 Scope of content
  1. 7.1 We provide the Games and other Services within the scope of our technical and operational possibilities. The Services of the Games are open to Users who have a Licensing Agreement and consequently an Account.
  2. 7.2 All the Games, Services, Premium Services, items or currencies we offer are reworked and updated at our discretion to ensure that they remain attractive for the largest possible circle of users. To make sure that all users can take part in the Game, it is essential that all users use the same version of the Game, Services, Premium Services, items or currency. For this reason, you may use the relevant Game, Service, Premium Service, item or the currency only in the most recent version.
  3. 7.3 We reserve the right to discontinue the operation of the Games or parts thereof without giving reasons.
  4. 7.4 We expressly reserve the right to contest a contract, provided a contract was concluded in the first place, should, for example, technical problems or interference with the offer by a third party or similar events lead to faulty offers to you (e.g. incorrect or faulty pricing of Premium Points), and to demand a recovery of the services provided to you, in particular Premium Points granted, against reimbursement of any sum you may have paid. As the User, you have the same right.

Amy Steele

General
Let’s face the truth about the forum. They are simply a outlet for players to express there expectations from the game, The moderators are almost all volunteers who play the game just the same as us.
This is indeed exactly the function the forum was intended to serve and does serve. All moderators (myself included) are volunteers, players just like yourselves, who volunteer their time to help keep the game and forum running smoothly. Helping players out with issues, reporting bugs, replying to forum posts and a multitude of other necessary things. They assist the Community Managers, who are InnoGames employees, by performing these tasks.
They say that a point of view is passed on but in reality we all have no idea of what is passed on or not.
Whenever you see a reply that says a point of view has been passed on, you can be sure it has. Whenever a moderator tells you they have passed something on, this will be to Community Management. Whenever a Community Manager tells you they have passed on your feedback, this will be to someone at InnoGames.
A list of points sent to inno should be published every week along with response if possible. We buy the diamonds and hence pay there wages and deserve bigger feedback than the silence treatment.
This would be something for Community Management to consider, however from my own experience I can say it would often not be possible to do exactly as you request. For example, 'feedback' from InnoGames may come many weeks or months down the line, and in the form of an update that corrects the issue reported, an improvement to the game, or the implementation of an idea into the game that was suggested on the forum.

Rarely would feedback come in the form of a statement that can be published on the forum, but don't ever think that this means your feedback has not been passed on. If we say it has, you can be sure it has, though the ultimate answer may never come in the form you have suggested here.

Please don't take our silence to mean your concerns have not been heard - they have

DeletedUser113235

Let’s face the truth about the forum. They are simply a outlet for players to express there expectations from the game, The moderators are almost all volunteers who play the game just the same as us. They say that a point of view is passed on but in reality we all have no idea of what is passed on or not.
true

DeletedUser113235

This is indeed exactly the function the forum was intended to serve and does serve. All moderators (myself included) are volunteers, players just like yourselves, who volunteer their time to help keep the game and forum running smoothly. Helping players out with issues, reporting bugs, replying to forum posts and a multitude of other necessary things. They assist the Community Managers, who are InnoGames employees, by performing these tasks.

Whenever you see a reply that says a point of view has been passed on, you can be sure it has. Whenever a moderator tells you they have passed something on, this will be to Community Management. Whenever a Community Manager tells you they have passed on your feedback, this will be to someone at InnoGames.

This would be something for Community Management to consider, however from my own experience I can say it would often not be possible to do exactly as you request. For example, 'feedback' from InnoGames may come many weeks or months down the line, and in the form of an update that corrects the issue reported, an improvement to the game, or the implementation of an idea into the game that was suggested on the forum.

Rarely would feedback come in the form of a statement that can be published on the forum, but don't ever think that this means your feedback has not been passed on. If we say it has, you can be sure it has, though the ultimate answer may never come in the form you have suggested here.

Please don't take our silence to mean your concerns have not been heard - they have

I think we should change that.
Be more public, as Galerius said "We pay for the diamonds"

DeletedUser107470

@ Amy. Thanks for taking time to reply, But in summery the answer is trust us, which really leaves us in a stalemate situation. Personally Don’t expect anything to change as this silent treatment seems to be a industry standard,

But still think that system is flawed but don’t have a real answer on how to fix it.

This is my example, When the adding FP was first opened up on mobile you could add unlimited FP in one go. The issue of clashes were raised and dismissed by the modorators, We were always told that the change did not cause any issues, my opinion is that the responses were largely based on the prior playing experience of the moderators, In the end the message finally got home but could of been delt with much sooner if a few questions were asked by the modators,

As for feedback from inno, Recently we had the blurred screen on mobile which created a large amount of fuss and some players including myself struggled to play because it hurt our eyes, When something large like this happens, Surely inno can post a ingame message to recognise the issue and say that it will be corrected shortly, The same when GB’s were set to level 1 by mistake or Diamonds go missing, This simple function is the start of good feedback and will save the ingame mods answering a heap of tickets

My only other point going forward and I’m sure inno is fully aware of this issue. Would suspect that that maybe up to 60-70% of players use mobile only. They most likely don’t even know this forum exists and hence the real problem is the feedback is from a small portion of vocal players.

Finally thank you Amy your input into what is a thankless role.

DeletedUser

We buy the diamonds and hence pay there wages and deserve bigger feedback than the silence treatment.

This doesn’t make us shareholders or part of the board.
We buy eventually diamonds if we are interested enough to do so and this we do “no strings attached” I hope.
If we expect anything more than those diamonds we buy I feel we lose reality.
Thereby my experience is that consumers rarely truly know what they want and aren’t able to come by their own interests and lose sight on the bigger picture.

So yes trust is the only realistic option.

Agent327

Overlord
The issue of clashes were raised and dismissed by the modorators

There has never been an issue with clashes.

As for feedback from inno, Recently we had the blurred screen on mobile which created a large amount of fuss and some players including myself struggled to play because it hurt our eyes, When something large like this happens, Surely inno can post a ingame message to recognise the issue and say that it will be corrected shortly,

Hell no!!! There was no blur on PC. Last thing I need ios another IOnno message I can not remove. Just read the forum!!

The same when GB’s were set to level 1 by mistake or Diamonds go missing, This simple function is the start of good feedback and will save the ingame mods answering a heap of tickets

Again, hell no!!! No more messages from Inno!!!

My only other point going forward and I’m sure inno is fully aware of this issue. Would suspect that that maybe up to 60-70% of players use mobile only. They most likely don’t even know this forum exists and hence the real problem is the feedback is from a small portion of vocal players.

So you play a game and never look at the settings?????

Emberguard

Legend
We have an announcements section. That's there for communicating on the big things once they're an absolute.

Anything communicated beyond that would be limited by how likely it is to be scrapped, altered or delayed afterwards if it were announced at the time

DeletedUser107470

Thank you Emberguard for effectively reinforcing my point, If the mod can see any benefit based on there game or life experience, that idea is knocked back and never sent to inno,
Hence since you like to edit my comments please remove them all from this thread as I don’t see the point of this forum except for certain players to waste endless hrs posting pointless comments.

Will never waste my time reading or posting comments again, espically when it’s inferred that we are trying to dictate what inno does,