• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Maximum Limit - Group Message

DeletedUser115506

Today, we have a maximum limit of 100 players in a group message.

I would like to make a suggestion of raising it to 200. I don't know if it is very complicated to do it (it seems not) but it would help us a lot, in situations for example where Guilds will want to have a common shared group message between then.

DeletedUser115506

Spammers will continue to spam, it won't make a difference..... and all you need to do is delete the spam once you receive it... it won't change much what you currently do.

However, it will be a huge benefit for those guilds who want to share info between them.

Agent327

Overlord
Spammers will continue to spam, it won't make a difference..... and all you need to do is delete the spam once you receive it... it won't change much what you currently do.

However, it will be a huge benefit for those guilds who want to share info between them.

Guilds are supposed to compete with eachother. Not share.

DeletedUser115506

I believe you have heard of "diplomacy" and "allies" right.... allies are supposed to share...

Enemies are supposed to compete with eachother, like you mention.

Either way, this is a game where anyone play towards its own objective... there are people who don't even fight, who plays this as farmville.

We should respect all kinds of gameplay, and making alliances and making it grow, is one of the ways.

Stil, there are even situations of guilds that are so big that they have to make 2 or 3 different guilds to accomodate all their members, in situations like this, being able to fit more then 100 players in one group message would be wonderful.

Agent327

Overlord
If you make an alliance, you talk with a selected group. Not with a group of 200.

The max number of a guild is 80 members. That is the number you have to do it with. You play with one guild, not with three.

DeletedUser113901

That's why we have guild forums. And yes guild forums are a browser only feature but GvG is not open to the app either. Unless you can see another reason for two guilds to team up...

DeletedUser115506

If you make an alliance, you talk with a selected group. Not with a group of 200.

The max number of a guild is 80 members. That is the number you have to do it with. You play with one guild, not with three.

If you make an alliance between 3 guilds of 80 members each, you will have a total of 240 members that could be in one single group message, so things can be shared in it, like tips, hints, events information, GvG info, and so on....

DeletedUser115506

That's why we have guild forums. And yes guild forums are a browser only feature but GvG is not open to the app either. Unless you can see another reason for two guilds to team up...
You said it all, Forums are for browser only feature, therefore, players who only play through the app will be left out of all communication in it.

Say you have a GvG guild and a farming guild allied, both with 80 members... the GvG guild will certainly have access to browser, thus the forum... however the farming guild is usually composed of app-only players, and those won't have access to forum....

In a situation like this, a group message of 200 (or even 300), would be perfect for them to exchange information about the game between them

Agent327

Overlord
If you make an alliance between 3 guilds of 80 members each, you will have a total of 240 members that could be in one single group message, so things can be shared in it, like tips, hints, events information, GvG info, and so on....

Right, like every guildmember plays GvG and needs to be kept informed.

You said it all, Forums are for browser only feature, therefore, players who only play through the app will be left out of all communication in it.

Say you have a GvG guild and a farming guild allied, both with 80 members... the GvG guild will certainly have access to browser, thus the forum... however the farming guild is usually composed of app-only players, and those won't have access to forum....

In a situation like this, a group message of 200 (or even 300), would be perfect for them to exchange information about the game between them

There is a reason guilds can only have 80 members. There is however no reason at all to make bypassing that asier for you.

DeletedUser115506

Right, like every guildmember plays GvG and needs to be kept informed.

If you read carefully, you will see GvG is not the ONLY reason I mentioned why this would be good.

There is a reason guilds can only have 80 members. There is however no reason at all to make bypassing that asier for you.

What, now you wanna tell how others should play their game?

Or better yet, show me where is it written that it is forbidden to unite two or three guilds into one big cluster/group?

Agent327

Overlord
If you read carefully, you will see GvG is not the ONLY reason I mentioned why this would be good.

No you didn't. There are no examples why you want it in the OP.

What, now you wanna tell how others should play their game

I don't need to tell you. It's Inno that shows you.

Or better yet, show me where is it written that it is forbidden to unite two or three guilds into one big cluster/group?

Why does it have to be written? Players keep finding loopholes. Inno is preventing it from happening. What better proof do you need?

DeletedUser115506

Thank you for your answers Agent, I don't think I have nothing else to say to you. I will just repeat a sentence that many people here already said to you: "We will just have to agree to disagree"

DeletedUser111359

I'd rather they cut that limit down to less than 20, for non-guild messages.

As it stands it's FAR too easy for people to spam everyone in their neighborhood from the app version, and I utterly loathe the feature.

DeletedUser

I am afraid, yet not sure, it’ll give lag to the receivers if more than 100 could be included in a mail.

As for neighbors goes I wish they were unable to include us in mass mails.
I don’t like begging, pleading, spamming and whatnot.
Those mails are really never useful to me.

Same goes for mass mails from friends they are abused by lazy people who refuse to use their town hall to figure out if we are actively aiding but rather go for this poor method to see if we are active and request to leave the mail if we are.
Yet this doesn’t tell much as aiding via the town hall does to figure out if they’re actually aiding and visit taverns too.
So it is a poor way as well and with the risk to lose friends due to annoyance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser115506

the game doesn't support allies.

and diplomacy is part of the settlement

:lol:

It seems we are not talking about the same meanings of "allies" and "diplomacy". This is a Strategy/War game. Every war game have allies and enemies. And to make allies and enemies require diplomacy from the players. Every World have guilds that ally themselves to fight another enemy guild

DeletedUser115506

Whenever I get any mass mail from someone not in my guild, I report them for spamming, block them, and if they are on my friend list, I drop them immediately.

I don't need halfwits like that in my game.

Well, you said it well. Spamming is considered abusive and should be reported. So, instead of ending the Spammers by reporting them, what you guys are suggestion is somewhat to limit the game features as to avoid spammers.

In my opinion, it would be much better is spammers would get reported and punished, then to limit game possibilities/features.