• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Cultural Settlements (Discussion)

• Thread starter DeletedUser113110
  • Start date

DeletedUser108359

Is the only way to unlock developments and emissaries by spending diamonds?

No just follow the quests and do the stuff needed.
You Can spend diamonds to speed it up. BUT you will LOSE everything when you re start

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
of course not
you can get them by completing a settlement, u can get the first emissary and 2nd slot of the emissary after u finish the Viking settlements twice

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
The settlement is just like the main city, in terms of the main structure and mechanism, etc., like the hall thing and road connection, etc.

But with some differences. It is smaller. And it has obstacles (stones) where you cannot build on. You have to... improvise, kinda. The obstacles appear random. Different players encounter different distributions of those obstacles (peeked into others' screenshots). You might start with two 1x1 sized obstacles (two small rocks) or one 2x1 sized obstacle.

And then, the copper coins. They are just like main game coins, as they are produced by residential houses in both cases.

But they are... fundamentally different. Copper coins seem to be main game coins and supplies combined.

And then, what is a Shrine? -- There is a Shrine! -- I don't remember its category. It's like a production building of supplies, except that the Copper Coins here are both Coins AND Supplies comparing with the main game... OK -- it's a mess! And it's not my fault. Either the main game or the mini game makes no sense at all!! They can't both make sense at the same time, is my analysis conclusion.

By the way, the "diplomacies" thing. You can increase them at the exact time when you need them and delete them afterward to save space. Typically what diplomats or politicians would do. It's so real!!

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Is the only way to unlock developments and emissaries by spending diamonds?

It would appear so, like an illusion.

As mentioned in my post above, the mini game is like the main game but different.

"Looks like something but actually is not that thing" can create a deceptive situation.

You look at the "Development" (Research and Development, R&D, main game takes the R, so mini game takes the D) page --

You look at the Development page and think, OK, this is just like the main game, where you can research by either spending Forge Points or, if you want to speed up, Diamonds. And you think, it is the same here: either Axes, the normal stuff, or Diamonds, to speed up. But what you don't see is that there is also a bar below, that says Diplomacies.

So, the situation can be described by this formula:

[ Axes AND Diplomacies ] -OR- [ Diamonds ] ==Equals== [ Either Axes -OR- Diamonds ] -AND- [This Many Diplomacies -OR- Diamonds]

Conclusion: Diamonds are great. Cause the answer to the question "is the only way... diamonds" is that the answer is "No" but "Kinda yes"...

DeletedUser111359

The 2 big things that I hadn't noticed off the bat.
1. Expansions just cost a certain amount of 1 of the goods, you don't have to get all 4. I thought I was going to be stalled forever.
2. Shacks only have to be connected to the roads, till they are built. Then they can be disconnected. They will nag, and they won't provide (a tiny bit) of copper. But they will provide population, which is the important thing.

DeletedUser108359

And then, what is a Shrine? -- There is a Shrine! -- I don't remember its category. It's like a production building of supplies, except that the Copper Coins here are both Coins AND Supplies comparing with the main game... OK -- it's a mess! And it's not my fault. Either the main game or the mini game makes no sense at all!! They can't both make sense at the same time, is my analysis conclusion.

Dont try compare it to your main city, there are some similarities but its very different.
The copper coins are the currency of the vikings, same as in your main city you would pay supplies and coins to start a goods production, here you pay Just copper.
In your main city you have houses and supply production buildings to make coins and supplies here you have shrines and markets. But only 1 currency not 2.
Later you get other new buildings, they all work the same way.

DeletedUser108359

It would appear so, like an illusion.

As mentioned in my post above, the mini game is like the main game but different.

"Looks like something but actually is not that thing" can create a deceptive situation.

You look at the "Development" (Research and Development, R&D, main game takes the R, so mini game takes the D) page --

You look at the Development page and think, OK, this is just like the main game, where you can research by either spending Forge Points or, if you want to speed up, Diamonds. And you think, it is the same here: either Axes, the normal stuff, or Diamonds, to speed up. But what you don't see is that there is also a bar below, that says Diplomacies.

So, the situation can be described by this formula:

[ Axes AND Diplomacies ] -OR- [ Diamonds ] ==Equals== [ Either Axes -OR- Diamonds ] -AND- [This Many Diplomacies -OR- Diamonds]

Conclusion: Diamonds are great. Cause the answer to the question "is the only way... diamonds" is that the answer is "No" but "Kinda yes"...

The answer, ( unless you have lots and lots of cash to spend ) a Definite NO. diamonds you spend will be lost when you restart , everything goes back to day 1 again.
Everything you built or produced vanishes and you start with just your 4 squares and an Embassy.

Everything can be done Without spending diamonds, only it will take a bit of lateral thinking and slower without them.

DeletedUser108359

The 2 big things that I hadn't noticed off the bat.
1. Expansions just cost a certain amount of 1 of the goods, you don't have to get all 4. I thought I was going to be stalled forever.
2. Shacks only have to be connected to the roads, till they are built. Then they can be disconnected. They will nag, and they won't provide (a tiny bit) of copper. But they will provide population, which is the important thing.

Correct, you only need to connect main copper and goods producing buildings.
Other quests as well, eg have 4 Clan Totems, they take an hr to build, just place, collect quest and delete. If you havent got space, delete enough roads, then reconnect again.

DeletedUser110327

I was sort of expecting another wee settlement I could build, but this is another daily quest thingie. We already have a daily quest thingie, why do we need another one? I think this would have made an excellent yearly event, but another daily? I wish you all the best with it.

Agent327

Overlord
I was sort of expecting another wee settlement I could build, but this is another daily quest thingie. We already have a daily quest thingie, why do we need another one? I think this would have made an excellent yearly event, but another daily? I wish you all the best with it.

Don't worry Big Mac. It will take you a year to complete.

jmazz777

Private
(1) Anyone notice that the obstacles change when viewed in "expansion" mode then in "city" mode.
(2) Are the obstacles set? Do they change if you abandon?

DeletedUser113235

Well, first I want the Devs to fix all the current bugs and issues in the game, improve the game and make it easier to use and to play.

Then I will discuss about the new stuff that may be added to the game.
And even in the new stuff, like the Vikings, they finds ways to make bugs in it... InnoGames Developers Probably not enjoying their job.

DeletedUser101005

Which Cultural Settlement, besides Vikings, do you wish to see? Let's discuss it here:)
Disclaimer: Any ideas here DOES NOT guarantee it getting implemented.

I am LOVING the new settlement feature.
I would like to see Egypt (I understand that might be a given!), Mongols, Persian and Celts.
ALSO, what about, when you complete a settlement, you get a person from that civilisation walking about in your town (like with Cleopatra, Van Gogh etc) - I think would be a really nice touch. And anyway, who DOESN'T need a Viking marauder wandering around their town??
Thanks team.

Emberguard

Legend
ALSO, what about, when you complete a settlement, you get a person from that civilisation walking about in your town (like with Cleopatra, Van Gogh etc) - I think would be a really nice touch. And anyway, who DOESN'T need a Viking marauder wandering around their town??
Thanks team.

Perhaps that could be determined by the emissaries. Probably best posted on the feedback thread if it's a serious proposal: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cultural-settlements.36821/

DeletedUser112546

I think Viking settlements is the worst idea Inno Games ever had. It's crazy that you can't see other players' settlements the way you can with the cities. Those rocks right where I want to put a road or building are just meschugana! And the whole settlement will cease to be at the end. Just soul destroying.