• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser113809

Emberguard -

(1) What Age are you in? - LMA
(2) What troops do you have available? 4 buildings with different HMA troops - I had just upgraded to LMA last week. - I'm facing colonial age troops in the sectors.
(3) Is your tavern fully upgraded? Only remaining upgrade needed is to upgrade the floor from brick floor to throne room
(4) Do you have attack boosts in your inventory? I have 3, but they are only 10%
(5) What sectors are you facing? Lombardeaux, Deuzerres, Pisterrac, Grand Gap
(6) What is your goods stock like? I play GE religiously, so while I have 50 of most LMA goods, I don't have enough to trade for the required Colonial age goods needed to fulfill the sector negotiations.
(7) What would you be missing to negotiate all the sectors? paper, wire, coffee, tar
(8) What are your goods buildings? (and lvls) Rope (2), Brass (1), Salt (1), Silk (1), Copper (1) Mill of Fall lvl 6 (*HMA), MS Lab (HMA), Pirate Ship (HMA), Winter Spire Lvl 5 (LMA), and Sunken Treasure (HMA), LoA - lvl 4, ToB 6.
(9) What' your attack GBs? (and lvls) Zeus lvl 8

Emberguard

Legend
Ok I'd say your best best is to get goods. If your attack were higher then a tavern boost to increase attack further might have been an option. But given what you've said I doubt it'd make a difference

For attack GBs you'll need at least either a Castel Del Monte or Cathedral of Aachen at the same lvl as that Zeus and preferably be the same age as where you are in the continent map before you'll be able to reasonably go through fighting the Colonial Age map

Goods production wise that all looks pretty reasonable.

So. What now? I'd suggest you buy the goods you need off of another player (putting FPs in that players GB in return for the goods you need) OR ask your guild if they're able to help you with goods explaining you don't have the resources to do a fair trade goods wise but need them to complete the quests. Instead of 2:1 (LMA : Colonial Age) the trades would be 1:2 (Any : Colonial Age)

If you happen to be on Houndsmoor I have plenty of Colonial Age goods and if you were to send me a message we can discuss options for selling you some Colonial Age goods. But I'd recommend you first contact your guild and see if anyone can help you for free.

@herroyalhighness

Last edited:

DeletedUser114621

Hello!

What is this message in Winter Questline:

"Thank you! You finished today's quest. Return tomorrow for the next daily challenge. Come back in 12:15:16 h."

Before I could do more than one quest a day, not just one!?

Emberguard

Legend
@suruseg the first half of the questline you can do immediately. The second half are unlocked one per day of the event being active. So if it takes you three days to catch up to the end of the first half, there will be an additional [3] quests you can complete straight away before going on a timer

Edit: corrected the amount

Last edited:

DeletedUser114621

@suruseg the first half of the questline you can do immediately. The second half are unlocked one per day of the event being active. So if it takes you three days to catch up to the end of the first half, there will be an additional 2 quests you can complete straight away before going on a timer

Thank you.
But this "rule" is not mentioned in the Event description... :(

DeletedUser113809

Ok I'd say your best best is to get goods. If your attack were higher then a tavern boost to increase attack further might have been an option. But given what you've said I doubt it'd make a difference

For attack GBs you'll need at least either a Castel Del Monte or Cathedral of Aachen at the same lvl as that Zeus and preferably be the same age as where you are in the continent map before you'll be able to reasonably go through fighting the Colonial Age map

Goods production wise that all looks pretty reasonable.

So. What now? I'd suggest you buy the goods you need off of another player (putting FPs in that players GB in return for the goods you need) OR ask your guild if they're able to help you with goods explaining you don't have the resources to do a fair trade goods wise but need them to complete the quests. Instead of 2:1 (LMA : Colonial Age) the trades would be 1:2 (Any : Colonial Age)

If you happen to be on Houndsmoor I have plenty of Colonial Age goods and if you were to send me a message we can discuss options for selling you some Colonial Age goods. But I'd recommend you first contact your guild and see if anyone can help you for free.

@herroyalhighness

Thank you - these are good suggestions, let me follow up on the goods angle with my guild first. Much appreciated!

Agent327

Overlord
Thank you.
But this "rule" is not mentioned in the Event description... :(

"Completing quests and logging in every day will grant you Stars you can use to unwrap presents! 40 rush quests and 31 stacking daily quests are waiting for you to be completed."

DeletedUser108359

Morning everyone, i feel i have to share this.
The SHUFFLE button, lots of people hate this thing, ( and its understandable sometimes why )
But today i love it.
Whenever you hit it you get a match, and 10 stars, i got it 3 times almost in a row and ended up using 40 stars but got 7 matches, and lit 17 candles.:lol:
so i guess its when you hit it that counts, if you get it early ( 1st or 2nd click a few times you end up scoring a few extra matches and maybe an extra main prize. :D
Funny old game this, one day you hate something in it, another day you love the same thing. 8-)

So is the Winter Event different? I have no provinces to scout, and only 5 sectors before I move up an Era on the Continent Map. I am already ahead of my City Era because I was an idiot when I first started playing. Now the next and only quest offered wants me to scout a province. No such luck as auto complete.

DeletedUser108359

So is the Winter Event different? I have no provinces to scout, and only 5 sectors before I move up an Era on the Continent Map. I am already ahead of my City Era because I was an idiot when I first started playing. Now the next and only quest offered wants me to scout a province. No such luck as auto complete.

This is why the suggestion was made to have a completely separate map. One that was exclusively available for events only so that map related event quests could be done.
Its on the Beta forum.

Boorg

Captain
Morning everyone, i feel i have to share this.
The SHUFFLE button, lots of people hate this thing, ( and its understandable sometimes why )
But today i love it.
Whenever you hit it you get a match, and 10 stars, i got it 3 times almost in a row and ended up using 40 stars but got 7 matches, and lit 17 candles.:lol:
so i guess its when you hit it that counts, if you get it early ( 1st or 2nd click a few times you end up scoring a few extra matches and maybe an extra main prize. :D
Funny old game this, one day you hate something in it, another day you love the same thing. 8-)

I think we get an extra match every time we click the Shuffle button irrespective of when it is clicked.

Emberguard

Legend
True @Boorg but if you keep getting shuffle one after the other then you haven't wasted any stars inbetween. Ideally you'd want as little present opening as possible between getting the present you want, hitting the show two, the double and the shuffle. As opposed to opening every present except the shuffle and daily, but then hitting the shuffle instead of the daily.

DeletedUser113901

The optimum way to open present would be
LOOP[2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-14☆-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-2X-Grandprize-shuffle-]

Last edited by a moderator: