• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Daily Madness

DeletedUser112173

Once again I'm faced with impossibly difficult quests in the daily event. Several times now i have been close to getting some reward, only to find the next day's quest impossible to complete. Collector 2500 tavern silver.... impossible.
Gain control of 5 sectors..... impossible.
No goods to negotiate as i used them all in the last quest and this one. I'll lose so many units trying to battle that I would not have time to replace them.
And for what?
A couple of rogues?
It's just not worth the expenditure.

DeletedUser101009

Not too sure where Inno get some of their bright ideas from but one of the ones for me today is 22 x 8 hour productions, to complete some of these it's either A - not sleep or B- not go to work.

DeletedUser112173

Or E. Have more production buildings. Many of the production challenges are easy if you have up to 20 production buildings.

DeletedUser113976

Okay I brought this topic to the ideas thread you should have seen the Trolls come out -- aka I called it Event Blockers or something to that effect. There are perhaps numerous "challenges" that are either really not viable and thus impossible instead of being a challenge -- or in the case of Events you have to be an intense player willing to expend large amounts of energy researching everything so you know what is coming down the pipe far in advance -- aka if you are a casual player you are simply hosed.

Next you have the Dailies which do similar things -- I mean on one hand the game designers state -- the game is meant to be played slow over a long period of time so do not suggest things meant to speed things up -- then on the other hand they give you challenges both in Dailies and Events that force you to move forward far quicker than anything remotely close to slow and steady. So its confusing which is it -- the game is to be played fast and furious -- or -- is it to be played slow and steady. It sure would be nice if they made up their minds.

As for the comment about production buildings. I have found that I can do almost all by simply having 10 Production buildings -- I usually have 3 of the Age I am in and 7 Blacksmiths because they take up the least amount of space.

DeletedUser99588

Okay I brought this topic to the ideas thread you should have seen the Trolls come out -- aka I called it Event Blockers or something to that effect. There are perhaps numerous "challenges" that are either really not viable and thus impossible instead of being a challenge -- or in the case of Events you have to be an intense player willing to expend large amounts of energy researching everything so you know what is coming down the pipe far in advance -- aka if you are a casual player you are simply hosed.

Next you have the Dailies which do similar things -- I mean on one hand the game designers state -- the game is meant to be played slow over a long period of time so do not suggest things meant to speed things up -- then on the other hand they give you challenges both in Dailies and Events that force you to move forward far quicker than anything remotely close to slow and steady. So its confusing which is it -- the game is to be played fast and furious -- or -- is it to be played slow and steady. It sure would be nice if they made up their minds.

As for the comment about production buildings. I have found that I can do almost all by simply having 10 Production buildings -- I usually have 3 of the Age I am in and 7 Blacksmiths because they take up the least amount of space.

It seems the new definition of 'troll' is people that disagree with you. You have your right to an opinion and others have the right to have an opposing one. It doesn't make them trolls. There isn't anything stopping you taking the game as slow as you like although as with all the different playing styles there will be positive and negatives associated with it. It seems a few just want all the positives and the game designers to bend to their personal playing style.

As far as the OP complaint I cannot see anything listed by them that is difficult unless you have just started playing the game for the first time. In which case that is all part of the learning curve of the game and the joy of building a city and making friends to be able to accomplish these tasks..

Emberguard

Legend
OCollector 2500 tavern silver.... impossible.
If your tavern is fully upgraded then that only two collections from the tavern over 24 hrs. You have max 140 friends. You only need 32 to visit. If it's short you can always visit them for the chance of getting spare change from sitting in their taverns. Aside from which if you visit them (and aid at the same time) they'll visit you more due to the event history in your town hall.

Gain control of 5 sectors..... impossible.
Work on your attack GBs. Don't do those sectors just yet. Once you're able to complete that province you won't receive any more DC quests for acquiring sectors until you scout another province.

I would first look up what the remaining quests are for the event before completing the province though. Depending on where you are in the questline you might need those sectors for the event

Edit: Looking at the time stamps seems you posted this in January. Hows your city going now? Has your city improved in its ability to complete DCs?

I mean on one hand the game designers state -- the game is meant to be played slow over a long period of time so do not suggest things meant to speed things up -- then on the other hand they give you challenges both in Dailies and Events that force you to move forward far quicker than anything remotely close to slow and steady. So its confusing which is it -- the game is to be played fast and furious -- or -- is it to be played slow and steady. It sure would be nice if they made up their minds.

It's a game that forces you to make decisions. There is no middle ground. Do or do not. Use the challenges presented to re-evaluate your cities current capabilities and decide how to improve it to match the challenges, or choose which challenges to abstain from.

You can go fast and get stuck. But luckily you can not lose progress. So it's easy enough to pick yourself up and get back on track at any time

Last edited: