• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I want reply from Forge of Empires Developers

• Thread starter DeletedUser113235
  • Start date

Shad23

Emperor
for Html it still needs a lot of work as i'm sure i'm not the only one with an old computor where the html is simply to slow for me to be able to play in html version

Agent327

Overlord
someone in Inno team should check the ideas sections , then look at all other comunitys ideas section to see if same idea has been sugested in the other forums the count to make an idea implemented should be on all the forums and not just one this would represent a bit more the overview of the comunity of forge of empires as it would consider the ideas of the whole comunity and not just 1 server players play this game from all over the world and all their opinions should count

That would mean someone needs to speak a lot of languages.

Most of the time the ideas are the same, which at times can make it really funny. While people here are debating it like crazy and go on for 10 pages or more, on another language forum it can already have been forwarded. :)

Shad23

Emperor
That would mean someone needs to speak a lot of languages.
they could do a computor program that does that work for them it does not have to be a human that checks the forums but the numbers should be added as a hole to get implemented computors are made to calculate so why not use them to check the ideas sections count all the +1 in all the ideas sections would be possible with a computor program am sure , and i'm with you on fact all the ideas must be similar as the game is the same if your in France or in Canada but count to get an idea implemented would represent more the overview of the whole comunity if it were done like i say it should be done then checking just 1 or 2 forums

Emberguard

Legend
Getting a computer program to do that would have to be able to recognise the difference between ideas that have the same title but totally unrelated to each other, an idea that's similar but different enough to be its' own thing, an idea under a completely different name that's that's the same thing as another idea and the ideas that have the same title and same content.

Getting a computer to calculate + and - 1's would be fine for tweaking thread titles, but wouldn't necessarily be practical to implement. Different forums have different ways of handling how ideas are handled.

DeletedUser4727

Ideas are collated by the respective CMs and put in a centralized location, in English, as this is the language of InnoGames as a company. This prevents duplication of ideas submitted. No need to automate the process with a computer program when we have a human process in place.

Yes, HTML5 is necessary, I never claimed otherwise, but it has and continues to take up significant dev resources.

Shad23

Emperor
but it has and continues to take up significant dev resources.
well i hope they'll get it to work faster for the slow computors like mine befor they make html mandatory cause right now on my pc it's to slow to be playable on my pc on html version i'm stuck to play on flash right now cause on html it takes me 30 minutes just to load my city on html on my pc

DeletedUser113235

Hi all,

In terms of your request, it isn't the job of the developers to directly respond to the players, that would be the job of Community Management. Fundamentally, our role is to articulate, as best we can, mood and wishes of our respective communities to the project teams.

However, that being said, it isn't correct that no developers/PMs/GDs read the forums or ideas section. On the contrary, they do quite a bit. But, as has been touched on, the team isn't structured how you seem to think it is. The Developers aren't directly who decides on new game content, those decisions are made by a wide mixture of people from Game Designers, Project Managers and Owners, as well as having involvement from other areas such as marketing and Art. However, you need to understand that Forge of Empires is product, and monetisation is important for the continued growth of both this project, as well as the other projects in InnoGames' portfolio.

To your assertion that nothing new has been released, I'd disagree. To name but a few, this year we've had a number of events, with changes to their mechanics, or balancing changes to try and make them more accessible to more players (e.g. standalone negotiations and battles, better multi choice quest options, moving away from forcing players to do overly difficult tasks on quests). We've also seen the introduction of Reconstruction Mode, something which took a good amount of manpower and planning. We also saw HTML5 conversion, which whilst you don't necessarily see the impact (thats the point) takes a lot of man power, and time. I'd argue that QOL changes have been made this last year, more even than previous years. Yes, events are often quite similar to previous years, but for the most part that's because if it isn't broke, you don't need to fix it :)

Lastly to your concerns relating to the Ideas section, you yourself state that many players don't visit the forums, and as such, the forums aren't really a representative overview of community mood or opinion. That's not to say that the ideas don't carry any weight, only that if the ideas section is made up of 10-20 active posters, that's 10-20 posters giving their opinion on something which would impact millions of players. Even if we then multiply that by the number of communities, we really are only scratching the surface of the player base with the active forum users. The project teams use the forums as a measure for community mood, alongside many other metrics and analytics which can be pretty easily gleamed from within the game itself.

We'll look at reviewing the requirements for the Ideas section, thats valid, but you need to then also understand that an idea which gets the votes to be pushed up to the team doesn't mean that idea will be implemented. There are many considerations to be made before implementing changes ingame.

This thread will be cleaned up a little bit shortly, to put it somewhat back on topic. Also, in case it isn't fairly clear from other responses and my opening paragraph, a developer or other won't be responding here, I'm afraid.

Thanks, Richard

Thanks for your very detailed answer.
As I see you're the right person to contact with.

FoE is a product (game) for thr costumers (players), therefore it must always improved and grow.
And the best way to know what should be improved is from the players, because they play the game and feel it.
So:
1. Forum need more active players. I think and it's my opinion that less than 5% of FoE players enter the forum.
2. FoE TEAM need sometimes take a look at the forum as this is the place where players tell their opinion about the game.
3. Ideas Forum need to be changed.
There are *2* types of ideas.
Those that add / change something in the game.
And those that fix / improve minor things. For example, I have a lot of UX fixes, but unfortunately no-no cares. And that makes me very satisfied from this game.
As we know that the forum is inactive, but everyone play FoE. So, players in forum MAY effect the game and makes changes for all players.
If FoE team need to know what all players think about some idea or another feature. They can post global message in the message center in the game (the one that used for events) and get feedback [yes / no] for the idea.
The results of the poll won't determine if the idea will be implemented or not, but they will give to the team wider view.

Example:
Would you like to increase forge point bar maximum from 100FPs to bigger amount?

Yes. / No.
Opinion (optional):
(Some opinions for example)
* yes, because daily collection is higher than 100FPs.
* yes, if it will cost diamonds.
* No, there is autp collect for 5 diamonds.
(this poll will last 3 days)

Then an algorithm could count all votes and take some opinions from each Server and world. and this data displayed for the Team

Balancing and changes for events isn't something new.
New era isn't something new.
New GB isn't sometimes new.
I know events are always different and not exactly the same, and I appreciate the work of FoE for the stuff they do.
When I said something new, I meant for something that we never saw before, something uniqe.
Reconstruction it's a feature

By 2020 Google will force all move to HTML5 and Flash will no longer works (security issues)
So it's good that FoE moved to HTML before that date, but Web version is so laggy and need alot of improves. For me, both HTML5 and Flash works bad and slow. If you wonder which PC I have, I can run PUBG on Very High resolutions, and Visual Studio works for me like a charm. For sure it's not my PC (I think, as I'm also use to to hacking many online games, that FoE send TONS of requests to the servers. Just my assumption).

The way that FoE gains profit / money is by players that buy diamonds.
One problem, This system is UNBALANCED.
I do buy stuff in games, one more game I play is Clash of Clans and I spent about 200-300$.
How much I spent in FoE?
- NaN, Nothing, Zero, 0
And it's not that I want to spend my money. But you can see the difference.
All the stuff I bought in CoC is from Special one-time offers that really worth it.
FoE never was close to that.
The packs offers aren't Special، and seems to look very fake.
5$ for Troops / Goods / Building that I can get for free in one day from GE.

That's it.
I would like to keep contact with you, as I have a lot of suggestion and the forum won't promote them ot move them forward.

Thanks for listening.

Agent327

Overlord
His response was well written... if we have tis forum , we shall use it an voice our opinions ...

It isn't about how he wrote it, but what he wrote. He sees someone in authority and jumps at the chance to share his ideas, without noticing what was written.

DeletedUser113235

It isn't about how he wrote it, but what he wrote. He sees someone in authority and jumps at the chance to share his ideas, without noticing what was written.

I have list of 30+ ideas and changes to FoE. I don't feel like to share them here cause no-one cares and nothing will happen.
That's why I want to talk with someone that have direct influence on the game, cause I want that he will hear me.

I didn't wrote my ideas, just told what's wrong with this game(FoE) and with this forum.
Yeah, someone must be critic and point at the weak sides of this product (game & forum).

Agent327

Overlord
I have list of 30+ ideas and changes to FoE. I don't feel like to share them here cause no-one cares and nothing will happen.
That's why I want to talk with someone that have direct influence on the game, cause I want that he will hear me.

You really don't get it do you? Sovereign doesn't have direct influence on the game. At best he can forward your ideas, but no one is waiting for them. What makes you think they are looking forward to 30+ ideas??????

You are the perfect example why ideas have to be put on a forum before anything happens with them.

DeletedUser113235

You really don't get it do you? Sovereign doesn't have direct influence on the game. At best he can forward your ideas, but no one is waiting for them. What makes you think they are looking forward to 30+ ideas??????

You are the perfect example why ideas have to be put on a forum before anything happens with them.

Well, I've posted few ideas in the forum.
But getting 5 replies from 2-3 people is very nice. I can see how this forum is used.
There is a big difference between what you and they (FoE) think about the forum and what it actually is.

As I said, not all my ideas are new features or game changer.
Most of them are UX fixes.
Here, In case you don't know what UX is:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_experience

DeletedUser113235

Also I want that the forum will be much more active.
And this is the work of the Forum Admin and Community Managers in FoE.
The forum is not used so much, and I'm not the only one that said that.

Agent327

Overlord
Well, I've posted few ideas in the forum.
But getting 5 replies from 2-3 people is very nice. I can see how this forum is used.
There is a big difference between what you and they (FoE) think about the forum and what it actually is.

As I said, not all my ideas are new features or game changer.
Most of them are UX fixes.
Here, In case you don't know what UX is:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_experience

You do not get any more replies, cause players are not interested in your ideas. Nobody is waiting for your UX fixes. Don't you think they have their own team for that?

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
@PeralelArt Unfortunately no mater how or even if ... you are trying and i find it admirable ... actually not many ideas get many response here ... there are several good ideas that never got anywhere only because someone with at least some influence haven't seen ot ... i would like to read some of your ideas ...

Emberguard

Legend
@PeralelArt the channel you've been given for what you wish to accomplish is the Ideas forum.

Whether you choose to use it or not is upto you. Even mods are supposed to use the proper channels. I can't just spam Sovereigns inbox with ideas each day, or with every problem that comes along.

However, the votes aren't entirely what determines which ideas get forwarded. That's only a measure of how the forum reacts to those ideas. So please post your ideas.

I'm not going to say it'll be forwarded straight away - chances are it won't be. But if it's in a thread (and not a duplicate) then rest assured it'll be looked at by the relevant persons.

The forum is not used so much, and I'm not the only one that said that.
Not everyone who is introduced to the forum will want to use it. We can't force anyone to post here, only show them "here" exists

Last edited:

DeletedUser113235

@PeralelArt the channel you've been given for what you wish to accomplish is the Ideas forum.

Whether you choose to use it or not is up to you. Even mods are supposed to use the proper channels. I can't just spam Sovereigns inbox with ideas each day, or with every problem that comes along.

However, the votes aren't entirely what determines which ideas get forwarded. That's only a measure of how the forum reacts to those ideas. So please post your ideas.

I'm not going to say it'll be forwarded straight away - chances are it won't be. But if it's in a thread (and not a duplicate) then rest assured it'll be looked at by the relevant persons.

Not everyone who is introduced to the forum will want to use it. We can't force anyone to post here, only show them "here" exists

I used the forum for some of my ideas, and they're still ideas cause they not implemented even not got forwarded.
An inactive forum just decreases the influence of the Idea section of the forum, because it shows that only small players of the game actually care. In fact, many players would like to see those ideas implemented.

From my post above - ideas that FoE team want a wider view from most of FoE players.
Just post a vote IN GAME.
(Not all ideas should be posted, just those that FoE team want to know what their players think on this idea)
" Example:
Would you like to increase forge point bar maximum from 100FPs to bigger amount?

Yes. / No.
Opinion (optional):
(Some opinions for example)
* yes, because the daily collection is higher than 100FPs.
* yes, if it will cost diamonds.
* No, there is auto collect for 5 diamonds.
(this poll will last 3 days)

Then an algorithm could count all votes and take some opinions from each Server and world. and this data displayed for the Team"

Here are some of my ideas I've already posted.
* Auto collect for phone version:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-collect-for-phone-version.36644/#post-321710
* UX improves when attacking your neighbors:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...-neighbors-attacking.36410/page-2#post-307586
* UX and UI changes for the Message Center
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/grouping-messages.36409/#post-303604

And here some of my guildmates ideas.
* Collect & Repeat option recruiting quest (Forwarded after I bumped this up)
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...ect-repeat-option-for-recurring-quests.34494/
* Message tool usability
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/message-tool-usability.36377/#post-303465

Let's start with those ideas and see what can we do about them.