• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I want reply from Forge of Empires Developers

• Thread starter DeletedUser113235
  • Start date

DeletedUser113235

Hi,

I'm quite (actually very much) angry.

Why?

-Few months ago I sent an email to FoE and InnoGames.
They never answered.
I asked if they even look in the forum, and why they're so inactive.

I still want my answers, and I won't stop. I will shout here until I get answer from the DEVELOPERS.

FoE Ideas Forum is very inactive. up to 10-20 players there.
And ideas need 20 positive votes to move forward, so yeah, It won't happen. Geat, ah?

Sometimes most be done with this game. I play for 2 years and more, but the only thing I sss is events, same events all the time.
Game most have progress, not for the players that progress though the ages, but for the GAME-PLAY itself.
- Let's see what happened last year?

1) Autumn event 2017
2) Halloween event 2017
3) Winter event 2017
... blah blah blah more events
4) New GB - The Blue Galaxy
5) New era - Virtual Future. and new GB. But nothing new actually.
6) Autumn event 2018
7) Halloween event 2018
8) Winter event 2018

* The events are THE SAME!
Nothing really that special that we never saw before.

What now? - The Vikings.
Well.... It's great we have new stuff, but this is same as the main city.
Just, with other names and different settings.

FoE must have some quality of life improvement and many players include myself have awesome ideas for small changes that make huge difference in the user experience of the game.

Also, many of the Worlds Forums here are very very very, but very inactive.
Look at the last time someone wrote there a post.
For example, take a look at my wolrd - Jaims.

So, I want answer from a developer that will explain me this wierd static situation and I want DIRECT COMMUNICATION CHANEL with the developers.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
@PeralelArt your wish is nice ...but i don't think it will get anwserd any time soon ... "they don't have time" for that ...they work on new and exciting new stuff ...
All that aside , the facts you presented are very true and Idea section is unfortunately under utilised... there are small things that would make so much change to some players but they will never get forwarded or implemented as there is not enough people that do actually care ... i am one of these people who made some postes there and had ok ideas ... but certain people here would just bash them ...

Hopefully things like that change soon ... but ...

DeletedUser113235

@PeralelArt your wish is nice ...but i don't think it will get anwserd any time soon ... "they don't have time" for that ...they work on new and exciting new stuff ...
All that aside , the facts you presented are very true and Idea section is unfortunately under utilised... there are small things that would make so much change to some players but they will never get forwarded or implemented as there is not enough people that do actually care ... i am one of these people who made some postes there and had ok ideas ... but certain people here would just bash them ...

Hopefully things like that change soon ... but ...

You're right, there are people that don't care.
But the majority of FoE players just don't tell their opinion caude they don't go to the forums. But, FoE have much of Quality of Life changes that can raise the game significantly and being new players to the game.

One extreme change is - Diamond.
Their price is over expansive, and they're not balanced. Something that Devs HAVE to work on.
But unfortunately, we don't have any plans or goals from FoE developers.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
One extreme change is - Diamond.
Their price is over expansive, and they're not balanced. Something that Devs HAVE to work on.
But unfortunately, we don't have any plans or goals from FoE developers.

My opinion as well ...

For that price i can go to Ponte Vechio in Florence and buy a real diamond lol

DeletedUser113235

My opinion as well ...

For that price i can go to Ponte Vechio in Florence and buy a real diamond lol

Yeah, money is just a way to valuate things.
Instead of giving 5 cows for 100 bread.
I can give 1 golden coin for 100 bread.
So the value of one bread is 0.01 of golden coin.
This system helps to buy any material stuff.

Let's givd another example:
Iron is very cheap.
Cars are expansive.
Cars made out of Iron.

How does cars price is so high?
- The process of creating the car is the real value: Factory, workers, taxes, electricity check, water check, etc...

Now back to FoE
Blueprint costs 200 diamonds.
Blueprints can be EASILY gained by aiding or contributing.
100 diamonds costs around 3$

few seconds thinking....

WHAT THE HECK?!?!

1 Blueprint cost 6$ ????
Real 6 Dollars. for 1 BP.
I got 80*9 of them for my Arc for free.
So I should have 4320$, I wish I could get so much money in small interval of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
FoE developers do not visit this forum, so you will never get an answer. Obviously that is not good enough for you so you will continue and your posts will get locked and eventually deleted. In the end you will get a ban. Good luck on your journey.

DeletedUser113235

FoE developers do not visit this forum, so you will never get an answer. Obviously that is not good enough for you so you will continue and your posts will get locked and eventually deleted. In the end you will get a ban. Good luck on your journey.
Thanks mate :)

Emberguard

Legend
Honestly, I hope a mod sees this...
Wish granted

So, I want answer from a developer that will explain me this weird static situation and I want DIRECT COMMUNICATION CHANEL with the developers.
As nice as that'd be, if the developers had a direct communication channel with every player that wanted to talk there'd never be any work done. Especially with the sheer amount of different servers available.

Point taken about the ideas forum, I was just looking at those requirements yesterday

DeletedUser113901

• The developers don't have time to read all forums, there are around 20 with some of them very active and they have work.
  • They don't decide what happens in the game, they just receive an idea and program it, so better complain to the designers.
  • Do you think you're gonna make them more player friendly by shouting at them?

DeletedUser113235

• The developers don't have time to read all forums, there are around 20 with some of them very active and they have work.

Well, that's the problem I mentioned.
The developers (Those who decide how the game works) are completely disconnected from the game and from the players (Those players that play THEIR game)

There should be at least someone that read the forum and bring the notes to the developers.

• They don't decide what happens in the game, they just receive an idea and program it, so better complain to the designers.

Yeah, the developers program the idea.
There are problems with the UX / Algorithm. So they should know about it - From us, The Players.
And yeah, I don't afraid to tell that the game have bugs and even worse. Someone should say it.

• Do you think you're gonna make them more player friendly by shouting at them?

I don't care if they're player friendly or not, that's their problem if they're not.
And shouting a way to get attention, so I use it. Tried other ways before - didn't worked :/

DeletedUser113235

As nice as that'd be, if the developers had a direct communication channel with every player that wanted to talk there'd never be any work done. Especially with the sheer amount of different servers available.

They don't have to talk with each player
Not all of them have to visit the forum, one is enough.
They don't need to visit all forums, Germany and International (EN) is enough.
They don't need to read all the forum, just the ideas and bugs section.

For me, it seems that the developer are above the players and therefore they should never come down to the players and read the forums.
I know they work is - Programming. But, they must know every bug / glitch / error / new feature or idea in the game. Otherwise they will program like blinds.
And if they do know, let them reply to my post.

Point taken about the ideas forum, I was just looking at those requirements yesterday

Thanks, what is the minimum required positive votes now?

Forwandert

Major-General
The developers (Those who decide how the game works) are completely disconnected from the game and from the players (Those players that play THEIR game)

There should be at least someone that read the forum and bring the notes to the developers.

Some of Innogames other games have player elected members on councils with direct access to forums to discuss changes, issues and problems with the game with devs and Managers.

Seemed to go ok for a brief period and now the updates to all from the elected players just say they have been ignored on pretty much everything they post for a response in the private sections. If Inno devs can't even be bothered replying to elected players after setting up a system to do it you have literally no chance.

Agent327

Overlord

Developers do not decide how the game works. If you demand answers the least you can do is read what has been told to you.

There is.

Yeah, the developers program the idea.
There are problems with the UX / Algorithm. So they should know about it - From us, The Players.
And yeah, I don't afraid to tell that the game have bugs and even worse. Someone should say it.

Good for you!. There has be someone to step up and tell them what the bugs are. Not thjat there is a bug forum, or a way to send bugs to Support.

I don't care if they're player friendly or not, that's their problem if they're not.
And shouting a way to get attention, so I use it. Tried other ways before - didn't worked :/

How is this working so far?

Agent327

Overlord
They don't have to talk with each player
Not all of them have to visit the forum, one is enough.

Ah, problem solved. There is one visiting the beta forum.

They don't need to visit all forums, Germany and International (EN) is enough.
They don't need to read all the forum, just the ideas and bugs section.

Why those? Most customers are from the US.

For me, it seems that the developer are above the players and therefore they should never come down to the players and read the forums.
I know they work is - Programming. But, they must know every bug / glitch / error / new feature or idea in the game. Otherwise they will program like blinds.
And if they do know, let them reply to my post.

They are clearly above you because of your lack of understanding the game. It's hard to talk that way.

Thanks, what is the minimum required positive votes now?

So you want to put it as an idea where your grievance is that the FoE Ideas Forum is very inactive.

That makes a lot of sense.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
One thing in all this that the game as it is in my opinion doesn't need so many different forums . One forum with a part that is general for all servers, part designated twords separate server issues and there worlds ... and part for beta testing ... and that is it ... the problem with FoE and games like this in general is lack of comunication ... there is a lot of things that could be done ... and i am sure they are not that busy and that there couldn't be better comunication with player community in general ...

Emberguard

Legend
The biggest issue I would see with having only one forum is the language barrier. It'd be fine as long as each user only uses the language specific to the section they're visiting. Otherwise if players use any language in any part of the forum no one's going to understand what's being said. I've seen on the 3 English speaking servers users don't always provide a translation when they're not sticking to English even though the rules require it. If players aren't going to use the native language of those servers even when they're separated from non-english servers then having a single general forum would likely multiply the instances that happens.

[edit] another aspect would be how they've set up the domains and sub-domains would determine whether it's practical to merge forums.

Last edited:

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
The biggest issue I would see with having only one forum is the language barrier. It'd be fine as long as each user only uses the language specific to the section they're visiting. Otherwise if players use any language in any part of the forum no one's going to understand what's being said. I've seen on the 3 English speaking servers users don't always provide a translation when they're not sticking to English even though the rules require it. If players aren't going to use the native language of those servers even when they're separated from non-english servers then having a single general forum would likely multiply the instances that happens.
That is why i wrote that there would be general part and server specific part ... for clarification: general in English and server specific in language of the server ...

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah so you'd need to have the homepage be a selection screen of language/server. The way the servers are structured may have something to do with why we have seperate forums instead of one forum with a bunch of sub domains/sub folders. It's also possible they decided it'd be easier to seperate the servers for moderation purposes

Agent327

Overlord
One thing in all this that the game as it is in my opinion doesn't need so many different forums . One forum with a part that is general for all servers, part designated twords separate server issues and there worlds ... and part for beta testing ... and that is it ... the problem with FoE and games like this in general is lack of comunication ... there is a lot of things that could be done ... and i am sure they are not that busy and that there couldn't be better comunication with player community in general ...

So fom many forums you go to one forum with many parts. Makes perfect sense.

That is why i wrote that there would be general part and server specific part ... for clarification: general in English and server specific in language of the server ...

Why not general in German? Inno is a german company. All you need to do is learn the language. Same that people have to do when the general language is English.