• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Player Iron Age Battlecity

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
You can, for example, group a town hall (7x6), an Inno tower (6x6 IIRC, both my cities have ToR there which is 6x6), a CDM (5x5) and a CoA (4x6) in a space of 11x12 with a single road square between them, ofc the town hall should be open from other sides to connect roads for the rest of your city. This alone saved me 9 roads last time I tried that.
I do not need Inno Tower. Population is no problem plus I dont have this many space for an Inno. I would rather 4 fountains than that. Or do you mean my main world?

DeletedUser111866

I do not need Inno Tower. Population is no problem plus I dont have this many space for an Inno. I would rather 4 fountains than that. Or do you mean my main world?
Yep, that was for main world primarily, however for IA world you can replace 6x6 Inno/ToR for a 6x4 CoA and a row of SoKs along the open side, then replace a 6x4 CoA with a LoA/ToB/whatever 4x4+ with another two SoKs along the open side. The effect is drastic, as for me.

Here how it should look (with text, yep):
Code:
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
W/---\/----\
W|***||****|
W|CDM||6x6 |
W|***||****|
W\---/|****|
W/--\R\----/
W|**|/-----\
W|CoA|*****|
W|**||Town |
W|**|| Hall|
W\--/|*****|
W====\-----/
(W means wall, implaceable area, R is road, = is empty space)

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Yep, that was for main world primarily, however for IA world you can replace 6x6 Inno/ToR for a 6x4 CoA and a row of SoKs along the open side, then replace a 6x4 CoA with a LoA/ToB/whatever 4x4+ with another two SoKs along the open side. The effect is drastic, as for me.

Here how it should look (with text, yep):
Code:
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
W/---\/----\
W|***||****|
W|CDM||6x6 |
W|***||****|
W\---/|****|
W/--\R\----/
W|**|/-----\
W|CoA|*****|
W|**||Town |
W|**|| Hall|
W\--/|*****|
W====\-----/
(W means wall, implaceable area, R is road, = is empty space)
I dont think I will be getting much SoKs.
I already have Inno in my main world.

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
AP2.jpg

I squeezed my main city further and I added Royal Albert Hall and Arctic Orangery (With cost of 1 textile mill and the Dynamic Tower, and a few watchfires and 2 ritual flames.) Again Hunter is the Dark Doorway, Cityplanner have not updated to 2018 halloween event yet.

DeletedUser112892

I have came up with the design of this great IA battlecity--
View attachment 16686
Zeus, CoA, Castel and TA gives attack boost, along with botanical rotunda.
ToR gives me extra rewards in GE,
Cape, SoKs provides me with extra fps,
Obs and Arc helps the guild, and Arc also gives bonus rewards on other people's GBs,
Babel supports all the population I need,
Goods buildings and the mill when I don't wanna fight so I could negotiate,
Oracle of Delphi provides extra supplies,
Alcatraz gives rogues and champions,
Rogue hideouts, Dens, and champ retreats for the Alcatraz to produce troops,
Kraken and AO to help more in battle and provides extra fps,
wishing wells and fountains gives extra resources and diamonds.
Sorry for coming late, but here is my opinion.
First, as others already mentioned, you've got too many roads taking precious space.
Second, I would remove every single FoY and goods building and build a CF instead. That would save up huge space.
Third, if you plan on camping in IA for a long time, while planning to skyrocket your GBs, you would need much better FP production than that your desigb already has ;)

Emberguard

Legend
First, as others already mentioned, you've got too many roads taking precious space.
Second, I would remove every single FoY and goods building and build a CF instead. That would save up huge space.
Third, if you plan on camping in IA for a long time, while planning to skyrocket your GBs, you would need much better FP production than that your desigb already has ;)
Is this before or after seeing the newest plan?

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Best Benov Bever.jpg

I renoved it to this one long ago

DeletedUser112892

View attachment 16856
I renoved it to this one long ago
I still think you need CF in there
Agree with Viking. Especially in IA, as CF becomes perpetual motion at level 74 then, you will be able to do RQs for as many times as time allows you.
Also, I would remove every single Fountain of Youth, they are just not worth it (except if you want diamond farm, but you usually do that on secondary world), and place as many FPs producing buildings as possible.
Third, I would also consider making some space for Ritual Flames.

Emberguard

Legend
Ritual flames to protect what exactly? Name all the things that can be plundered. Now how many of those would be motivated? Is there anything that'd actually be protected by a ritual flame for this city?

Last edited:

DeletedUser112892

Ritual flames to protect what exactly? Name all the things that can be plundered. Now how many of those would be motivated? Is there anything that'd actually be protected by a ritual flame for this city?
In my HMA city, I have very few motivationable buildings, but I consider building as many Ritual Flames as I can.
The reasons for that are stupid to most, but I find them very handy for me, so OP can completely ignore my opinion about Ritual Flames.
Strangely, but I tend to have as big bonus in defence as possible because of two things:
1. "Great Wall of China" achievement;
2.Reputation in neighborhoods and my morale.
Okay, okay, I know these arguments are plain stupid :lol::lol::lol:

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Agree with Viking. Especially in IA, as CF becomes perpetual motion at level 74 then, you will be able to do RQs for as many times as time allows you.
Also, I would remove every single Fountain of Youth, they are just not worth it (except if you want diamond farm, but you usually do that on secondary world), and place as many FPs producing buildings as possible.
Sorry but that is exactly my diamond farm. My main is on B.
The only thing plunderable in the city is just the cider mill. Unless you count the not-motivated SSWs and SsoK.
I still think you need CF in there
I will get CF If I get more expansions.

Last edited:

DeletedUser113901

Do you have enough pop to build a military building If you sell the blacksmiths? If yes it's nice, if not delete the victory twrs next to the house to put another house instead.Because you'll need to produce regular units at some point. Also don't put atk or goods based special buildings, put FP specials instead and invest in GBs.

Emberguard

Legend
Depends entirely on the lvl of your GBs and how far you intend to go as to how accurate that statement is. City is nowhere near this yet. This is the planning for the future. He'd definitely need units well before his GBs are self sufficient

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Do you have enough pop to build a military building If you sell the blacksmiths? If yes it's nice, if not delete the victory twrs next to the house to put another house instead.Because you'll need to produce regular units at some point. Also don't put atk or goods based special buildings, put FP specials instead and invest in GBs.
I get units from GE and relics anyway. And yes, I could build 1 military building in IA if I deleted all my blacksmiths.

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
Industreilzeitalter.jpg

My Industrial Age battlecity plan. I looked through the quests and I found that It is possible to actually get PostModern Tanks/Commandos in the Industrial Age that makes Lv4 GE super easy.