• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GvG Importance / Relevance

• Thread starter DeletedUser112892
  • Start date

Agent327

Overlord
That's starnge. I get an alert saying my message has been edited because it was an inappropriate comment. Yet nothing has been edited, but my message has been deleted. Can anyone explain what was wrong with it? I know I should ask it in a PM, but I have no clue who to ask. As usual the culprit is anonymous.

DeletedUser

That's starnge. I get an alert saying my message has been edited because it was an inappropriate comment. Yet nothing has been edited, but my message has been deleted. Can anyone explain what was wrong with it? I know I should ask it in a PM, but I have no clue who to ask. As usual the culprit is anonymous.

Ask Emberguard she is cool not sure about the others frankly.

DeletedUser

In general I feel it is time for some modesty and common courtesy towards those who happen to be not English by heart.
This has truly touched my sensibilities and as a foreigner I feel highly insulted.

DeletedUser

Yes. This is supposed to be the international server. English is just the language, not the requirement!!!

It’s because English speaking people are the moderators and people, who happen to be born in an English speaking country, rarely learned an other language than their own so they simply can’t understand.
We have to think in “world languages” in this case.
Ideally a mod has to speak at the very least Spanish too and to be precise Chinese.
Speaking German would be wise because this game is originally from German hand and in France they demand for us to speak their language too and eventhough the majority learned English there they are particularly unhappy if we expect them to listen to it.
They simply hate the sound of it due to some historical stuff so if I go to France I speak France.
If I go to Spain I speak Spanish and I simply don’t go to German ground because I absolutely don’t want to speak their language nor do I want to stand on their territory, although I can speak and write their language, I absolutely refuse to do so.
Obviously China is a difficult matter due to their politics which causes little to no Chinese people will play FoE.

All in all we Dutchies have to accommodate everything everyone and all and can expect nothing in return.
I demand respect for our position at the very least though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
Back to the thread topic please.

If you wish to continue the subject on the nuances of English and other languages, please either take it to the Off Topic forum, or do so in a PM.

Agent327

Overlord
Back to the thread topic please.

If you wish to continue the subject on the nuances of English and other languages, please either take it to the Off Topic forum, or do so in a PM.

If someone had the decency to explain why posts are deleted there would be no reason for this.

DeletedUser

If someone had the decency to explain why posts are deleted there would be no reason for this.

Suddenly I understand the France a whole lot better it is just a nuance.
bon après-midi des Pays-Bas.
Trans: Good afternoon from The Netherlands.

This is a bit silly if I may say so but hey rulez are rulez and them English rule and dominate and we shall obey and be bullied for it.

Andrew420

Major
It’s because English speaking people are the moderators
That's because we are on the en server forum and the language is English
It is the required language of this forum regardless of what anyone thinks
Keep posting without a translation and see what happens:P

Ceban

Brigadier-General
@Emberguard @ntnete0 Back to our discusion, if you before calc in thread write details wich player start wich era, wich sectors should be taken and in wich row and who is sieger on what sector/era and then someone spam that and with using 10 swap threads or trade thread put that message on 3rd page that is not just not helping but helping to enemy and if you cant restrain yourself with adding your gbs in threads for one hour then you have some serious problem.

Emberguard

Legend
you proved that you are reasonable more than once so to you i know explaining it would be easy, if you write in thread 'GvG call' what should be done and then someone place his GB in all swap threads wich we have around 10 (5,10,20,50,75,100,200,300, profitable GBs and 1.9 thread) 'GvG call' thread get spammed pretty easy. also some (i even would dare to say most) of players cant go against their nature so if they see building in 'profitable GBs' thread some of them will stop fight to grab profit.
And yes Ember, its asked just for certain time, 1 hour around calc time, if players cant restrain themself to not use swap threads for one hour per day then they really have some issue with their self control.
Ah ok, my guild has similar threads - same amount of what you posted plus more what you listed. So far it's worked out pretty well without having to restrict the usage of threads. Perhaps because the default guild chat in the message centre is reserved for announcements. So when a siege is up that's where the call to arms is given first, with the individual GvG threads being used for more detailed conversation.

It's plausible people might get distracted by other threads, but then again just having another tab open could be a distraction.

Personally: The role of a leader is to determine what is best suited for that guild. Both for the members in that guild, and the vision that guild has

For my guild there's no need to restrict usage of threads. Our swap threads are used quite often but they haven't gotten in the way.

But if it is a problem for your guild then a decision has to be made for fixing it based on:
(A) How often are we doing GvG? (If it's constantly war then restricting threads might result in never being able to use swap threads)
(B) What are the alternatives?
(C) What do the members require?
(D) What have you tried already? (how successful was that?)

We can discuss alternatives all day, but in the end it has to be something your guild would be happy with doing because it's your guild that would be living with it.

Emberguard

Legend
@Emberguard @ntnete0 Back to our discusion, if you before calc in thread write details wich player start wich era, wich sectors should be taken and in wich row and who is sieger on what sector/era and then someone spam that and with using 10 swap threads or trade thread put that message on 3rd page that is not just not helping but helping to enemy and if you cant restrain yourself with adding your gbs in threads for one hour then you have some serious problem.
You know how each guild automatically has a chat pinned to the top? How does your guild utilise that? If GvG getting pushed down is a problem, would it be plausible for the pinned chat to become GvG exclusive?

I'm assuming here it's not a "click join" guild so your enemies aren't going to come in and have access freely.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
You know how each guild automatically has a chat pinned to the top? How does your guild utilise that? If GvG getting pushed down is a problem, would it be plausible for the pinned chat to become GvG exclusive?

I'm assuming here it's not a "click join" guild so your enemies aren't going to come in and have access freely.
We do use main guild thred for some fast and urgent actions or reporting sieges on us but detailed plans are done trough GvG thread and atm we are fighting against more or less 10 guilds so plans must be detailed and really easly reachable especialy around calc (who drop what, who siege what and so on...) otherwise we wouldnt manage to handle so many guilds after us.

Amy Steele

General
Hey folks!

Regarding the use of non-English on this forum, there are a few points I feel it is important to make

That's because we are on the en server forum and the language is English
It is the required language of this forum regardless of what anyone thinks

Andrew420 is correct. Our rules state:

Language

English only. Please limit other languages to well known quotes or provide a correct translation.

Keep posting without a translation and see what happens:P

What will happen, at least in the first few instances, is that a translation will be supplied by a member of the forum moderation team, using a translation tool if necessary.

If you find your post to be edited to provide a translation, you are quite welcome to edit the translation to improve or correct it, so that the English more closely matches that of the original.

True some english people take for granted we try to speak their language to accommodate them and as a “thank you” they take the piss out of these efforts: so arrogant and that with a sense entitlement for which I entirely need a bucket.

In general I feel it is time for some modesty and common courtesy towards those who happen to be not English by heart.
This has truly touched my sensibilities and as a foreigner I feel highly insulted.

Indeed, it is also a requirement of our rules that we
Treat each other with respect and remain polite.

This includes especially (but is not limited to) those of other cultures or countries than ourselves, whatever our own origins might be:

Racist or ethnic bashing comments are forbidden even if used in jest.

And most especially those whose first language is not English.

It is not allowed to rebuke another user concerning his grammar/spelling.

In summary: We are proud of the fact that our player base is a worldwide one, drawn together in a common love of the game. We understand that not everyone will have English as a first language, and appreciate all efforts to communicate in what for some players is their 3rd or even 4th language.

Please be nice to one another folks!

---------
Apologies for the interruption. Now back to GvG discussion

Ceban

Brigadier-General

my main world about wich we discuss now is east-nagach (en5) and my guild is MA (Mighty Avengers) each day around calc time we fight against like 10 guilds and we take around 30 sectors across all eras and losing/droping almost same amount so it is pretty hectic and pretty fast shifting by itself, so last thing wich we need in those hour around calc is someone spamming with his GB.