• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Global Warming

Emberguard

Legend
I thought it was a joke

and yeah, it's terrible logic. Farting cattle we can either negate or at least lessen the effect from with more plants. Less rain forests are next to impossible to replace. I'm not going to say an overpopulation of cattle isn't a problem. Rainforests get cleared for more then just soybeans and you've still got to have the land for the cattle to graze on. Just I don't think the current solution of soybeans is any better then eating cattle.

However maybe the problem itself isn't what we eat. It's simply the deforestation which happens for any kind of food.

DeletedUser

I thought it was a joke

and yeah, it's terrible logic. Farting cattle we can either negate or at least lessen the effect from with more plants. Less rain forests are next to impossible to replace. I'm not going to say an overpopulation of cattle isn't a problem. Rainforests get cleared for more then just soybeans and you've still got to have the land for the cattle to graze on. Just I don't think the current solution of soybeans is any better then eating cattle.

However maybe the problem itself isn't what we eat. It's simply the deforestation which happens for any kind of food.

Maybe I am the weirdo but I believe we are equiped to eat meat the way our teeth are tells a lot, and how we are able to absorb some essential vitamines better etc.
Pernicious Anemia we really don’t want.
It is hard if not impossible to get enough B12 from other sources in a way our body can use effectively.

I think the problem lays also by overpopulation and the fact countries like China get richer and consume more of all sorts of polluting products.
Obviously it is a good thing that they do better but it has repercussions.

Source: Anemia Everydayhealth.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
Maybe I am the weirdo but I believe we are equiped to eat meat the way our teeth are tells a lot, and how we are able to absorb some essential vitamines better etc.
Oh definitely we are equipped to have meat as part of our diet. The question is how much meat to veg should be eating for it to be a balanced diet?

Edit: so uhh..... friend just showed me this video. Seems herbivores aren't quite as restricted in their diet as I thought

Last edited:

DeletedUser113901

The solution is: eat artificial food.
The efficiency of a plant is 1,5%.
The efficiency of a cow is 10%.
The efficiency of the plant-cow foodchain is 0,15%
The efficiency of a solar panel is 21%
This means if we can make food using the above mentioned process, we just need to reach a 7,15% efficiency to outpass a plant, and a 0,715% efficiency to outpass a cow.
Our tech can still only make petrol this way so meanwhile we should choose the least bad options.
A corn plant's efficiency is 4%.
An animal's efficiency varies from 5 to 30% depending on its activity and its weight (a small inactive animal is the most productive).

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
I thought it was a joke

Farting animals actually gives out a lot more air pollutants than cars. In fact they pollute the air most in a day.

We need to harness the fart - it's an explosive fuel. Want some laughs - light a match when you're ready.

Discloser - This is a very dangerous experiment. It's best to collect the "fart" with a gas collection bottle prior to ignition.

DeletedUser

We need to harness the fart - it's an explosive fuel. Want some laughs - light a match when you're ready.

Discloser - This is a very dangerous experiment. It's best to collect the "fart" with a gas collection bottle prior to ignition.

Make sure to wear a jeans otherwise there are some painful consequences.
Boys at high school were obsessed with this experiment and at the same time they hoped we girls would find them irresistible and cool. o_O

Emberguard

Legend
The solution is: eat artificial food.
The efficiency of a plant is 1,5%.
The efficiency of a cow is 10%.
The efficiency of the plant-cow foodchain is 0,15%
Here's something that I've been wondering. When the argument in school was presented about the amount of water it takes to grow a lettuce compared to a cow...... what's the actual water efficiency compared the the specific food (and amount of food) that we'd need to eat in order to replace that bit of steak in our diet? 'Cause no ones gonna replace steak with lettuce, it just doesn't have the right nutrients. And if steak is more filling or has a greater quantity of the nutrients needed then the plant equivalent then you're going to be eating more of the plant compared to the steak

DeletedUser113901

Here's something that I've been wondering. When the argument in school was presented about the amount of water it takes to grow a lettuce compared to a cow...... what's the actual water efficiency compared the the specific food (and amount of food) that we'd need to eat in order to replace that bit of steak in our diet? 'Cause no ones gonna replace steak with lettuce, it just doesn't have the right nutrients. And if steak is more filling or has a greater quantity of the nutrients needed then the plant equivalent then you're going to be eating more of the plant compared to the steak
Considering the animal has to eat the plant...

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah but that's my point. We eat different plants then the animals eat.

The amount of water for one plant is different then the water needed for a different plant. So if it's to be compared it needs to be with the specific plants that we'd be substituting the lack of meat with, not the plants that we wouldn't be changing our consumption of.

And here's another thing. Machine based farming is inefficient in itself. Overseas they've substituted machinery for going back to animals ploughing the land for the crops to grow. What they've found is not only can they grow a lot more plants closer together in the same amount of land, but it's far more water efficient then machine based farming, because they can put different crops together allowing the roots of one plant to benefit its neighbour with water retention. So that's another thing that could be factored into what is a more efficient food chain

Last edited:

DeletedUser113901

The Celtics managed to produce 3 times as much as us on the same land... But they needed 10 times as much staff.

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
I think the problem lays also by overpopulation and the fact countries like China get richer and consume more of all sorts of polluting products.
Obviously it is a good thing that they do better but it has repercussions.
China's pollution is dang serious. Hopefully the government can do more of the Go West policy, like moving half of the factories to the west whereas its very sparsely populated and underdeveloped.

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
Global is warming and everyone should shoulder responsibility starting from you and me. -- Delete your watchfire and ritual flames!!