• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Building Rotation

DeletedUser

Could we please have a rotation ability for buildings, so that 4x3 can become 3x4 etc, depending on space available in the players city. This would certainly help those who can not/ do not wish to spend rl money on expansions to utilise their areas to the maximum.

DeletedUser1081

smile: second time in two days that i have to say no, sorry, that's not going to happen. it's been brought up repeatedly and repeatedly rejected - city planning is crucial to the challenge of FoE.

i'm going to move this thread to the game discussion section, where it will have a better chance of flourishing than here. have fun!

DeletedUser

I personally oppose such a change as this is a part of the game's beauty. I would much rather be challenged to move a few brain cells and plan ahead of time than just have everything be so easy. It gives you that sense of taking pride in being well-organized. And if you think about it, the whole 3x4 vs 4x3 thing would lose its point.
One of the things I like most about this game is exactly this city-building and planning aspect. The staff is right to refuse to implement the 'rotate' option

DeletedUser4295

smile: second time in two days that i have to say no, sorry, that's not going to happen. it's been brought up repeatedly and repeatedly rejected - city planning is crucial to the challenge of FoE.

i'm going to move this thread to the game discussion section, where it will have a better chance of flourishing than here. have fun!

If city planning is crucial, why do we have MOVE button which allows us to rearange the buildings, therefore change the city plan?

EDIT: I've just changed my whole city plan, moved everything around.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If city planning is crucial, why do we have MOVE button which allows us to rearange the buildings, therefore change the city plan?

EDIT: I've just changed my whole city plan, moved everything around.

We can move a building as long as their is space, when there's none and you want to move stuff around, you might have to sell a building or two to allow for the space to move. Strategic moving! :p

DeletedUser

Stop giving useless opinions such as " Strategic moving or using brain cells ....
Building rotation is really needed & urgent !
This is really but really big bad of game that you cant rotate a building and staff must fix it !

DeletedUser

Stop giving useless opinions such as " Strategic moving or using brain cells ....
This is really but really big bad of game that you cant rotate a building and staff must fix it !

They will not fix what is not broken, it is a feature of the game that makes you think hard about where, and how you place buildings. We all learn to play like this eventually, I now have my city puzzle pieced together, and it fits perfectly. Sorry to give you the response you do not want, but this is the only response to give to your post.

DeletedUser4089

If it's not broken, they can't "fix it"
The idea of this game is to challenge you into planning your town and using the limited space you have in the best possible way. If they made everything really easy for us, what would be the point in playing?

Also, please refrain from calling other players' opinions "useless", They play the game just as you do, and have every right to express their opinions.

Edit: Herluth got there first :(

DeletedUser65

as the others have repeatedly stated it would remove the challenge of the game, as it is you need to plan and think about it.if a building could be rotated it could be as simple as buy it-rotate it-place it-booooooring. wheres the challenge?? what thought process is needed?? im looking forward to seeing more oddly shaped buildings perhaps like "L" shaped or "U" shaped. then we'll have fun :D
il give you another reason which hasnt been mentioned. we look at every building from lets the south so we only see 2 sides of a building, with your idea they would have to do artwork for the other 2 hidden sides. this artwork would require time and may indeed delay extensively any future updates and or ages so again no to this idea

DeletedUser1032

Part of the problem (if you see this as a problem) is that in order to have buildings rotate, they would have to be three-dimensional. As far as I know, the artwork in this game is very 2D, which means the buildings will not rotate.

Note: Damn, farmerlynch got there first. Stop it, dude! :-)

Aside from that, personally I like the challenge of having to rearrange my city once in a while without things being made easy for me. So far, I've never had to sell a single building in order to maker room for other buildings. Actually, in the last couple of weeks (since unlocking new research and taking over some new provinces that gave me extra space) I've been swimming in extra space. I'm sure I'll fill it up eventually (military buildings? :-), but for now I've never found this a problem.

DeletedUser4878

Rotation

Simple question, is it possible to rotate/move buildings built?

DeletedUser

No its as is, we have all wished we could at times, you can move by hitting build icon bottom left, and a drop down menu from center top is self explanatory.

DeletedUser4089

Welcome to the forums, thanks for posting.

Simple Answer, no.
Complex answer. No, it's not possible to rotate your buildings. One of the core aspects of the game is to plan your town and fit all the buildings you need within the limited space.
While you're here, I suggest taking a look at our guides section, there you'll find lots and lot sof helpful information. Also, in future, before you create a new thread to ask a question, you should try using the search function(top-right) to see if they've been asked before.

Thanks for playing Forge of Empires

Edit: Also, questions should be posted in the 'Questions/FAQ' forum, not in the world forums. I'll see if I can get someone to move this one.

DeletedUser

I think that it would be great if we could rotate buildings, making it a lot easier to fit some buildings in, and making city planning more flexible. I don't see why it is so much easier. Many buildings are square:

decorations
2x2 Houses, large decorations
3x3 many cultural buildings
4x4 stone, granite, limestone, etc, pool.

So rotating these would be only for design. But I must say that have not had much problem fitting rectangle buildings onto the grid, without being able to rotate them. And there was a time I was not aware I could even move them.

I think the thing to consider is that people will always want a greater and greater amount of flexibility from the interface, at all levels. Hardly anyone asks to remove options from the interface. So the idea is only a natural one, in my opinion.

But I can see why graphically, whereas many of the buildings have moving people in the foreground- it would sort of be silly to move them backwards when the people are working in the front. For example, the brickworks (in my second monitor) has a nice waterwheel with water moving, a hammer machine, and a person working. All three would be lost if the building were flipped.

I just thought I would present both sides of the argument in a balanced way.

DeletedUser96720

Building Relocation

Just use this. I found it highly helpful:

http://forgestats.net/map/map.php

it is interesting that you place this link which i find fun to play with.
however, i do agree about not making the buildings rotatable however, like the city planner, it would be nice and practical to have some hold boxes to the side, maybe 3 or 4, in which we can place a building out of the way while moving buildings around to redesign the city.

i wrote a ticket to the support team and they replied back that it was a good idea and to bring it to the game forum. after searching for a similar topic, i find that this would be a good place to discuss it and would be a pliable solution to the rotating idea.

what do you think?