• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Global Warming

DeletedUser113803

• Just noticed a quest about global warming. This is either deliberate misinformation or the developers are pushing an agenda. Firstly we live on a flat earth, don't believe me go and look at the ocean. It is flat as far as the eye can see and then still flat after that. look into the laws on fluid dynamics. Secondly there is no such thing as global warming. Just another excuse for more taxes.
  • Explain yourself FoE.
  • There are kids that play who will fall for your BS.

DeletedUser

Why should they explain themselves?
Children play this game and have to deal with gallows, violence, plundering and whatnot.
We as parents have to tell them right from wrong.
This is no eductional game with necessarily a moral compass which suits everyone’s beliefs.

Emberguard

Legend
(1) based on historical events with a fictional twist is not the same as being accurate. Considering we've got ages in "the future" I'm not expecting things to be completely correct

(2) on what basis are we assuming the Earth is flat? It's only in the last couple years that anyone has even considered such a possibility and science has plenty of evidence supporting the earth being a globe

(3) climate change happens even on a flat earth. Global warming simply means the temperature for a number of consecutive years are hotter then what's expected. We used to be having a global cooling back in the industrial revolution as there was a number of years where it was unusually cold

(4) Ice Age! If you don't believe in global warming, then what do you believe about ice ages in the past? The earths temperature is constantly in flux. If one is possible so is the other

Last edited:

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
  • Just noticed a quest about global warming. This is either deliberate misinformation or the developers are pushing an agenda. Firstly we live on a flat earth, don't believe me go and look at the ocean. It is flat as far as the eye can see and then still flat after that. look into the laws on fluid dynamics. Secondly there is no such thing as global warming. Just another excuse for more taxes.
  • Explain yourself FoE.
I want evidence that the Earth is flat and no such thing as global warming. We find answers by reasons but not believes.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Explain yourself FoE.

LOL

Emberguard

Legend
(2) on what basis are we assuming the Earth is flat?
Re-read the OP and realised you'd already given an answer to this

Firstly we live on a flat earth, don't believe me go and look at the ocean. It is flat as far as the eye can see and then still flat after that. look into the laws on fluid dynamics
So I'll answer in regards to this ^

go and look at the ocean. It is flat as far as the eye can see and then still flat after that.
Well, the Earth is quite large. Lets compare the amount we can see of the sea to what an ant can see of their world. If you were as small as the ant, everything would look a lot flatter wouldn't it? Because not only would you be closer to the ground limiting your view, but it'd be that much bigger in comparison to your size

you can even test this just by sitting in a car seat. Raise the seat as high as you can, lower it as low as you can. Look at how your perspective of vision changes on the road.

A camera can demonstrate this even better. This is the surface of a Tennis Ball:
v3t39nmnixzz.jpg
Looks pretty flat doesn't it? Yet we know a tennis ball is a sphere

The Ocean looks flat purely because of how vastly big it is in comparison to our own size. Not because of its shape

look into the laws on fluid dynamics
Well, this is fluid dynamics:
RArKzmb.png

Everything around us is in 3D. We can even prove the moon is round by the patterns on its surface. There's 16 unique patterns visible and it varies which you see depending on the country you're in. Australia sees a rabbit.

So if even the moon is a globe, if everything around us is in 3D, one would then have to wonder why we'd be living on a 2D plane of existence surrounded by 3D

Another aspect is anything when scaled up worked differently in the extremes from what you'd expect in a smaller amount. Laws of dynamics for example reverse the controls in a airplane once you reach near the sound barrier.

Water tension for another example. It's harmless if you're touching it from up close. But slam into it and it'll hurt. It can even break your ribcage if you drop into it from too great of a distance or from the wrong angle.

And what about when it rains? Look at a leaf! The water clings to the leaves and you can even move that leaf slowly before the water will fall off. It can even be practically upside down before it drops. But shake it and it'll come off. This is in line with what the spoiler above explains about the mass that it's clinging to and the speed involved.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Just noticed a quest about global warming. This is either deliberate misinformation or the developers are pushing an agenda. Firstly we live on a flat earth, don't believe me go and look at the ocean. It is flat as far as the eye can see and then still flat after that. look into the laws on fluid dynamics. Secondly there is no such thing as global warming. Just another excuse for more taxes.

Really, a flat earther, you need to open your eyes

DeletedUser113901

• Explain yourself FoE.
It's a joke, right?

... and the moon is a pie - as flat as can be - not a sphere. One of those guys that think the lunar landing happened in Arizona.

DeletedUser113901

... and the moon is a pie - as flat as can be - not a sphere. One of those guys that think the lunar landing happened in Arizona.
No it's not true you can't just trust anything they say the lunar landing happened in Texas and the moon doesn't exist, it's an animation on the computer screen we call sky, btw the earth is not flat, it's on the back of a turtle so it's a fifth of sphere! And there is no global warming as heat is a fruit of our imagination.

DeletedUser113901

Stop watching the BBC, wake up! Sheeps! The truth is out there! LOL
When is this moved to soap box?

DeletedUser

because they'd have to do something about it?

This is the sad truth I am afraid.
Not believing it is more comfortable.
Alternatively one believes it to be true but has the guts to say:”I don’t care and do nothing about it and ignore it all together.”
I’d consider that more mature a bit stupid too but less cowardly than denying it for own convenience.

Emberguard

Legend
Well Global warming itself exists. The reasoning behind why it's happening would be the contention point and result in conspiracy theories as to whether it's real.

There are other reasons that are quite likely to have a larger effect on the Earths temperature (like the Earths weakening magnetic field or the amount of heat the Sun gives out which does fluctuate as well)

When measuring the effect of greenhouse gas emissions everything I could find on the subject indicates that's it's not even close to effecting the Earths temperature by 1%, it's quite a bit under that. Now on its own that seems like an astronomically low effect. BUT if the Earths magnetic field is weakening due to the Earths movement not being a constant, and if the Suns own heat being produced is raising in temperature or sending out solar flares then regardless of whether we have a greenhouse problem the temperature is still going to rise. It doesn't mean global warming doesn't exist, it simply means we might not be able to control global warming as much as we think we can, and that our own actions have a combined effect with the things we can't control.

Definitely need to be careful with how we look after our Earth though regardless of whether the motivation has anything to do with Global Warming. We still need to cut down the emissions because otherwise we're dead anyway (can't breathe on too much carbon and smoke). We still have a junk problem that needs rectifying, we still have way too much food waste. We still have way too much deforestation.

And even if none of that were a problem, we still have a problem. Everything we use as a major resource is limited. Gas, fossil coal and petrol are all unreplaceable resources - yet those are the resources our entire society is based upon. So we still need to work on managing our resources in a way that's not going to self destruct eventually