• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Halloween 2018

FelixPSY375

Lieutenant
or you can use those gates of sun god or the faces of ancients to gain happiness. To most experienced players they are not needed.

Emberguard

Legend
Aw Jeez . . . can we put this to bed? This answer is [maybe] partially correct.
If you delete a residential building which will 'increase happiness' due to not having a residential unit, it is not recognized.
If you have 1,000 happiness in your city, you can add/delete trees all day long, and each tree will add to 'happiness gained'. At the end of the quest, you still have 1,000 happiness, yet you have 'gained' 100 happiness 18 points at a time by building each tree. Check the bar below the quest. It advances, does not retreat. IF however, the quest says 'Have 1100 happiness', then ya gotta keep the stuff on board for it to count. If you build a tree and get 18 happiness, you will get +18 on the bar. Delete the tree, and you get -18 on the bar. You're gonna need the full 1100 happiness.
Try it. Add tree - delete tree. Repeat. No need to delete/add happiness buildings. Clear out a road tile and have at it.
. . . . mk
**Obelisks are also fun, but then your city ends up looking like Schlongville.**

Indeed. And that's as much as I know and it's worked that way for a long time (placing things count towards gaining happiness - aiding does nothing for it). My question was in regards to something that has negative happiness, whether it'd count at all if being stored or if like normal buildings it'd do nothing towards the event. Normally speaking it's not something that could be tested as not many buildings have negative happiness in the first place. I certainly have no reason to believe that it would, I'm just curious as to whether it could due to the uniqueness of the building.

Although even if the Black Tower being stored counted towards the gain X happiness it'd probably be more lucrative for me to go to something like the Tholos of Idols anyway. A HMA black tower has -380 happiness while a EMA Tholos has 1,720 happiness

To any experienced player and most inexperienced players they are not useful.
Yeah by the time you're able to get far enough in the GE chances are you'll have other options already. But hey, works for event questing.

DeletedUser106369

@Emberguard. I have just tried this and can confirm that storing a building with a minus happiness does not count towards a happiness quest. When I stored a Black Tower with -1390 happiness it did not count the gained happiness and also when I rebuilt it, it did not take the happiness away from the quest.

DeletedUser112774

Am a bit disappointed with this year's event. I guess with the L2 spring set (that doesn't even affect the size of the buildings) or the additional upgrade to last year's Cider Mill, and with how beautiful the Black Tower is I was anticipating a L2 Black Tower. It's likely my favourite building in the game, visually, but as new events bring better option - the Ship, Tholos - and as my GBs continue to grow and I continue to do recurring quests, it becomes harder and harder to justify the 4x5 it occupies. First World problem, really, but there you have it.

DeletedUser98451

New
glad to see MAD SCIENTIST'S LAB back - which is funny because EVERYONE on here said it would NEVER come back.
shows what people here know (or don't know)...

I think its more a case of what we can or can't believe. The MSL was described by Inno as a one-off never to be repeated salute to Angmar, who i believe, was the original Dev who sadly died some years back​

DeletedUser99588

New
glad to see MAD SCIENTIST'S LAB back - which is funny because EVERYONE on here said it would NEVER come back.
shows what people here know (or don't know)...

I think its more a case of what we can or can't believe. The MSL was described by Inno as a one-off never to be repeated salute to Angmar, who i believe, was the original Dev who sadly died some years back​

I thought speakers corner was created as a tribute to Anwar with the Hero's Tale event. Didn't think there was anything special associated with the MSL.

DeletedUser96901

I am a little bit disappointed
57 random rewards
and only once diamonds :mad:

vikingraider

Emperor
I'm up to quest 18 and I've had diamonds 4 times on both the live worlds I play. It's worth doing the quests for them even if you don't like the reward buildings

You know it's kinda funny - I use to think all these events were just overkill, but now that I'm working on my chatoeszy - I'm getting diamonds boosted and it's cool. I hit diamonds at least 2 times already. Bring on all the events you wish guys.

I can now say - works for me - lol

DeletedUser114272

Yet another f**** event where you've got to have massive (or any) space in your city to progress..

dimondus

Captain
i think it would be a nice idea to make those Halloween themed buildings to compliment each other when next to each other (sort of like sets) and bring some extra bonuses.. otherwise they are not worth putting in cities after some GBs are high enough to negate those bonuses... its a pity because Halloween buildings are actually pretty with well made art... unless Inno gives us unlimited supply of victory (medal) expansions to place them , they will collect the inventory dust forever :(
So true, mate. :(

DeletedUser115047

Yet another f**** event where you've got to have massive (or any) space in your city to progress..

I disagree, I have no free space and completed event just fine. For quests like build goods building just delete existing one u have and buid it anew. Or any building for that matter. Ofc it will set u back a bit since it will cost u time a resorces but it is really really minor set back.

I d say ood job on this event Inno games.... last time I ve been complaining how u are forcing ppl to progres in eras with events, this time I almost feel like I should apologize :). Or maybe I just found a perfect game where designer actually listen to the comunity more that to their wallets? :D

Anyway giving us options to fight or to negotiate our way ahead and giving another option to acquire sectors or just donate goods is a HUGE PLUS for me. Kudos for that.
And diamonds as a rewards for some of those quests? Thats just cherry on the top.
Well done!