• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

msg center , add an edit msg option

Shad23

Emperor
have you checked for a similar idea yes i checked seen none but pls corect me if i'm wrong
Message center would need an edit msg for messages where we do mistakes in msg

DeletedUser112745

Could potentially be used as an attempt to avoid being reported and having actions taken against them for serious rule violations, such as threats or abuse.

DeletedUser112745

not if Foe keeps original msg's stored somewhere
Doesn't resolve the issue of people abusing the feature to avoid being reported to the moderators so they can look at the logs.

1. Bob sends Dan a very serious real-life threat that warrants a severe and irreversible punishment from the Moderators.
  2. Bob realises he will be reported and quickly edits the message before Dan reads it.
  3. Dan reads the message, minus the threat, never knows the threat happened.
  4. Bob never gets reported and never gets dealt with by the Moderators as he should be.

Just type slower and proof-read. :P

Shad23

Emperor
Doesn't resolve the issue of people abusing the feature to avoid being reported to the moderators so they can look at the logs.

1. Bob sends Dan a very serious real-life threat that warrants a severe and irreversible punishment from the Moderators.
  2. Bob realises he will be reported and quickly edits the message before Dan reads it.
  3. Dan reads the message, minus the threat, never knows the threat happened.
  4. Bob never gets reported and never gets dealt with by the Moderators as he should be.

Just type slower and proof-read. :P
messages should be censured like global chat is it would help avoid some of those kind of messages

DeletedUser112745

messages should be censured like global chat is it would help avoid some of those kind of messages
Nope, the problem still remains. Censoring bots cannot identify the difference between standard English (the server’s official language) and slang or text speak.

Adding the entire database from Urban Dictionary to the blacklist of a censorship bot would result in a lot of false positives. It’ll be like trying to talk face to face with someone standing behind you beeping out random inoffensive words.

Emberguard

Legend
A filter of any kind would be there for the protection of the players and to improve their experience in the game. Publicly this makes more sense to have a swear filter then for private messages in order to establish a standard of what's appropriate.

While chances are one could be applied to PMs filters are going to completely ignore context. Players that know each other in real life or over a long period of time are going to be more relaxed with each other. Things said to complete strangers are going to be interpreted differently. So far the only ones I've seen send inappropriate PMs to me are those retaliating to plundering - and generally they get rather creative in their vocabulary, nothing your ordinary filter would be able to catch.

For editing messages there's always EBWOP (Edit By Way Of Post). Just put your correction into a new post underneath with a little asterisk at the front