• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Difficulty of Event is far too much in Bronze Age.

DeletedUser110620

I'm not really interested in other games interpretations of words. In this game camping is staying in an Age well past the time you need to complete it. In seven days you could have moved from bronze age to Iron Age at least twice. If someone stays in an age for twice as long as they have to then it sure does look like they are camping for a while. Like I said nothing wrong with that but getting all huffy about it when a number of players point this out to you is a little immature.

Well, thanks for changing your definition, just so you can be right, so you can say "Oh look at me I am still correct" and prance around like your girly farts don't stink. It's only immature when you say "Oh that what I said before wasn't correct, I'll move around the definition to be double the time taken now, like nobody will notice..."

pfft. The minimum any "mature" person would do is say "ah, ok you got me there, let me revise it"

Proves that you're a lousy person to debate things with.

At this point the only reason you are still in IA, is because you choose to be. And if you're choosing to limit your game to what you can in IA, then you're choosing to make the event hard to complete as well. It's not at all the fault of the game at this point, and it's entirely your own fault.

Any rational player would have moved up an era, and be banging through the event without a problem.

Actually I'm opening opportunities very wide.

- I'm just 4 blueprints away from having the full set for an Alcatraz.
- I've build a Zues in way less than 7 days.
- My city score is way higher than those who are in Iron Age.
- I've minimised the time time it's taken to get as far as I've gotten on the event.

I don't want to change your minds about my position in the game, you are free to disagree and criticise. But lets be fair here, if you make a claim, and it's not a strong one, when its been shown to be weak. How about just being fair and dignified about it? You don't need to go right into saying "ha, I'm still right when I change things about my statement" without first saying "yes, good point you made there."

So finally, you're revised definition of camping is longer than twice the amount of time you need to fulfil the research with FPs in any particular age? Well the further I try to discredit this, the further out you will extend the time. So how about you do some hard research on how players spend their Forge Points, and then tell me if your claim it true or not? And actually establish a point and a type of player who can be considered "camping". Because in my opinion, it's a kind of player where you see little or no progress, oh like Diamond Farmers, maybe????

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111359

But lets be fair here, if you make a claim, and it's not a strong one, when its been shown to be week. How about just being fair and dignified about it?

The only weak (not week) claim, is that the event is too hard for BA players.

The event is achievable for any player, unless they specifically choose to make it hard for themselves. You have done that, and then you posted to whine about it.

Advance to IA, like a rational player, instead of complaining that the devs aren't catering to your foolishness.

DeletedUser110620

The only weak (not week) claim, is that the event is too hard for BA players.

The event is achievable for any player, unless they specifically choose to make it hard for themselves. You have done that, and then you posted to whine about it.

Advance to IA, like a rational player, instead of complaining that the devs aren't catering to your foolishness.

Oh, thank you for the correction.

I avoided the term "too hard" for a reason.

It's just "far too much" as there is nothing that excludes it being done.

But as pointed out on various occasions. The requirements to complete a task from players vary by age, for a reason. The resources available to them. Here in BA, and for most of IA, players don't have access to that many battles. Same goes, in EMA one doesn't have access to so many coins as they would in HMA, so the task is adjusted. In Progressive Era, they would never make a quest asking you to donate Future Era goods on an event. Likewise, the dailies put in appropriate units for people to fight against, and don't present units of the next era....

How about proving that the same adjustments shouldn't be made for events offering battles with little good alternatives for BA and IA players.

Agent327

Overlord

He doesn't have the time for that.

- I've minimised the time time it's taken to get as far as I've gotten on the event.

DeletedUser110620

He doesn't have the time for that.

Oh time and resources I do have. It's just funny to stay there and watch how much it annoys the crap out of you. You've been exposed as a nagger, so hang it up and go find someone else to nag.

DeletedUser111359

It doesn't matter how many "battles are available" at that Era. You don't have to fight at all. On En1, I'm in EMA, and on 61/75 for the quest, without fighting a single battle along the way.

And as previously stated, during the Carnival event, which was basically the same kind of quests, I finished the whole thing on a world that didn't even exist when the event started. The entire questline was completely solveable with a city that was barely in IA by the end of it. Finished the quests, and advanced into IA without any real problems at all.

And didn't spend a penny of cash on diamonds to do so.

The failure is not the quests. It's the quester.

DeletedUser110620

It doesn't matter how many "battles are available" at that Era. You don't have to fight at all. On En1, I'm in EMA, and on 61/75 for the quest, without fighting a single battle along the way.

And as previously stated, during the Carnival event, which was basically the same kind of quests, I finished the whole thing on a world that didn't even exist when the event started. The entire questline was completely solveable with a city that was barely in IA by the end of it. Finished the quests, and advanced into IA without any real problems at all.

And didn't spend a penny of cash on diamonds to do so.

The failure is not the quests. It's the quester.

LOL @ "quester"

You kind of just argued for me, since most of these quests offer alternatives which are impossible in BA, and in particular "Solve 5 encounters in the Guild Expeditions or win 5 battles without losing." Can you guess which of those alternatives is possible in BA? In extension to that, why having limited battles could be a problem?

The SirFrancis award: "Complete an event without spending real cash to get diamonds..."

Yea sure, like we really needed to know that.

DeletedUser111359

Meanwhile you seem to have your heart set on the Firestormfury award "Whine about self made problems". It can have a dunce cap for the award.

DeletedUser110620

Meanwhile you seem to have your heart set on the Firestormfury award "Whine about self made problems". It can have a dunce cap for the award.

That's an odd thing to so, call it an award and make it a dunce cap. The imagery fails to support the whining aspect which you claim.

Glad to see you just give up.

DeletedUser99588

Well, thanks for changing your definition, just so you can be right, so you can say "Oh look at me I am still correct" and prance around like your girly farts don't stink. It's only immature when you say "Oh that what I said before wasn't correct, I'll move around the definition to be double the time taken now, like nobody will notice..."

pfft. The minimum any "mature" person would do is say "ah, ok you got me there, let me revise it"

Proves that you're a lousy person to debate things with.

Actually I'm opening opportunities very wide.

I don't want to change your minds about my position in the game, you are free to disagree and criticise. But lets be fair here, if you make a claim, and it's not a strong one, when its been shown to be weak. How about just being fair and dignified about it? You don't need to go right into saying "ha, I'm still right when I change things about my statement" without first saying "yes, good point you made there."

So finally, you're revised definition of camping is longer than twice the amount of time you need to fulfil the research with FPs in any particular age? Well the further I try to discredit this, the further out you will extend the time. So how about you do some hard research on how players spend their Forge Points, and then tell me if your claim it true or not? And actually establish a point and a type of player who can be considered "camping". Because in my opinion, it's a kind of player where you see little or no progress, oh like Diamond Farmers, maybe????

I think you have lost the plot a bit to be honest. Staying in an age for longer than is needed, i.e. you have had ample opportunity to complete the research tree and move to the next age is 'camping'. What else would you call it? You might be doing it to build resources, fill GB's or whatever else your doing but it doesn't change the fact that you are camping in an age for longer than needed. Bronze Age is not much more than an extension of the tutorial. Your meant to find your feet doing the basics and then move on where the game starts to open up with GE, PvP, GvG and donating to GB's. There is a reason these aren't in BA because your not meant to be there for long. Just for the record I am camping in BA with my latest world. I don't have a problem with camping but I take on board the limitations associated with it.

So stop flogging a dead horse. You created your own problem and just because no one is buying into your delusion you then start to get huffy about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

Legend
No problem with staying in BA to build up BA goods. I've rushed through to IA with 2 BA goods to my name just so I can do the event on a new world. It's indeed "too hard" for bronze to feasibly complete the event if they stay in bronze due to the inability to contribute to GBs. Without that you can't buy goods from higher eras and can only obtain the Zeus/Babel GBs.

That being said you don't have to complete the first event you ever come across. If you find yourself ill equipped or simply not early enough then you'll just have to wait for the next event

DeletedUser110620

I think you have lost the plot a bit to be honest. Staying in an age for longer than is needed, i.e. you have had ample opportunity to complete the research tree and move to the next age is 'camping'. What else would you call it? You might be doing it to build resources, fill GB's or whatever else your doing but it doesn't change the fact that you are camping in an age for longer than needed. Bronze Age is not much more than an extension of the tutorial. Your meant to find your feet doing the basics and then move on where the game starts to open up with GE, PvP, GvG and donating to GB's. There is a reason these aren't in BA because your not meant to be there for long. Just for the record I am camping in BA with my latest world. I don't have a problem with camping but I take on board the limitations associated with it.

So stop flogging a dead horse. You created your own problem and just because no one is buying into your delusion you then start to get huffy about it.

Oh ouch, I think you're trying to hurt me. Go ahead, say some more. I dare you. You can't find a better opportunity to do so on the forum. :)

DeletedUser99588

Oh ouch, I think you're trying to hurt me. Go ahead, say some more. I dare you. You can't find a better opportunity to do so on the forum. :)

Actually I've been holding back because I thought your original post was raising something you thought to be a genuine concern. Unfortunately after a number of players pointed out the obvious folly in your logic you spiraled down a path of denial and a bee in your bonnet over the description of camping. Why you would think I'm trying to hurt you I have no idea but maybe something you should ponder. Possibly you have a persecution complex or maybe this thread just got away from you. It's easy to get drawn into carrying on arguing a lost cause and happens to many of us at sometime or other.

Anyway enjoy the rest of your day.

DeletedUser110620

Actually I've been holding back because I thought your original post was raising something you thought to be a genuine concern. Unfortunately after a number of players pointed out the obvious folly in your logic you spiraled down a path of denial and a bee in your bonnet over the description of camping. Why you would think I'm trying to hurt you I have no idea but maybe something you should ponder. Possibly you have a persecution complex or maybe this thread just got away from you. It's easy to get drawn into carrying on arguing a lost cause and happens to many of us at sometime or other.

Anyway enjoy the rest of your day.

How is there anything illogical about the statement

I suspect nothing, since you guys are only presenting me with a proposal to deal with the same concern. Sorry I reject your proposal based on the fact that it's illogical to go up an age during an event, since it slows the player down.

You're not really an expert you can say anything substantial since, it was only today you caught up with the event. Quite tardy there mate, for someone with a big mouth and little eh.....

Agent327

Overlord
I suspect nothing, since you guys are only presenting me with a proposal to deal with the same concern. Sorry I reject your proposal based on the fact that it's illogical to go up an age during an event, since it slows the player down.

Funny enough, Inno rejects your complaint that the event is to difficult for you.

DeletedUser99588

How is there anything illogical about the statement

I think that has been covered a number of times already in this thread. You've been given answers by a number of players but you are clearly not open to anyone elses view but your own. In fact if someone else has a differing opinion apparently they are trying to hurt you or is that just a defence mechanism once you realised the argument was lost.

You're not really an expert you can say anything substantial since, it was only today you caught up with the event. .

This did make me laugh. Like you would have a clue where I am with the event. I appreciate your upset others aren't in agreement with you but please keep your delusions to your own game and not mine.