• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Difficulty of Event is far too much in Bronze Age.

Agent327

Overlord
I believe if I understand it correctly that Firestom brings this up as a mall function for those who are really entering the game for the first time and can participate in the event.. and... oh wait... WUT... what do I have to do?... they simply can’t understand the quest in such case.

Only malfunction here is how he plays. He is in BA and has already cleared the IA PvP tower on the continent map and yet he complains abouit PvP fights being closed off. Does that make sense to you?

DeletedUser

Only malfunction here is how he plays. He is in BA and has already cleared the IA PvP tower on the continent map and yet he complains abouit PvP fights being closed off. Does that make sense to you?

Not really are you in a cultural babylon as wel? ;)

DeletedUser110620

In an ideal world you would be able to complete all quests whichever age you are in or however long you have been in a particular age. As we have seen from many threads with complaints about different aspects of the game that don't suit them it isn't an ideal world. I have a bronze age city I started on Saturday on a whim with the intention to camp for a while and to take my time. That is my choice and the consequences of that choice is I'll quite likely not complete all of the quests. The event isn't stopping me from completing them I am.

New players to the game in my experience progress as fast as they can and if anything they are frustrated by how slow things are having to wait for fp's, coin and supplies. Which means it is unlikely they would be in bronze age for long.

So to sum up; it would be nice if the developers catered for the minority BA 'campers' but I'm not sure it really warrants the extra effort just to benefit relatively few. Even if that few includes myself.

If I would choose to progress, I still wouldn't have access to PvP. You have to research nearly all of Iron Age to get to it. Camping or not, it wouldn't make the quest go any faster at all. Now allow me to speculate here that it would make the new quests, between the battle quests take longer to complete since all the collection requirements increase. So from that perspective moving to Iron Age, even 3 or 4 days a go could actually cost me in the event.

But many of you are far too worried with your chew toy "lets call him a camper" to think about that.

In any age, if I struggle to make goods, supplies, or what not, it's a horrible idea to move up while a quest is on. It's no different in BA, moving to IA.

DeletedUser99588

If I would choose to progress, I still wouldn't have access to PvP. You have to research nearly all of Iron Age to get to it. Camping or not, it wouldn't make the quest go any faster at all. Now allow me to speculate here that it would make the new quests, between the battle quests take longer to complete since all the collection requirements increase. So from that perspective moving to Iron Age, even 3 or 4 days a go could actually cost me in the event.

But many of you are far too worried with your chew toy "lets call him a camper" to think about that.

In any age, if I struggle to make goods, supplies, or what not, it's a horrible idea to move up while a quest is on. It's no different in BA, moving to IA.

PvP is not the only way to fight. If you move to Iron Age you can access GvG so you do not need to wait until the end of the IA research. Also with Iron Age troops you can do more fighting on the continent map. Do not complain about a self imposed road block to progress. Those that really want to complete the quests will find a way. Even if it means swapping fp for goods or finding a good guild to help.

DeletedUser99588

My apologies if you weren't complaining but it came across as complaining and seems I wasn't the only one to interpret it that way. If you weren't complaining what were you doing?

DeletedUser110620

My apologies if you weren't complaining but it came across as complaining and seems I wasn't the only one to interpret it that way. If you weren't complaining what were you doing?

It's really just a constructive argument that this quest seems steeply disproportionate in comparison to others and why it is like that. This won't mean that they block me, they just require special attention. And I would speculate that they could cause trouble for newcomers to the game. The newcomer would probably not knowing what to do spend a lot of time ignoring the quest until the situation changes. By that time they could miss out on the main prizes. I know I'm tempted to do it like that too. But going up an era makes every other aspect of the quest harder. I'm happy to say I'm doing quite well trading for IA goods, I'm not sure why anymore I need them, since I haven't examined every quest to come. But it can stay there as a break in emergency should a quest give me the option of donating to a guild.

The two quests that were detailed in the first post are complete. But there are another two similar to them to come.

DeletedUser99588

You can ignore it all you want, but why free the IA PvP tower if you don't have access to it anyhow.

I can't speak for firestormfury but I would be progressing the continent to get expansions. Access to the IA tower just comes with the territory. Can't remember if the story quest gives you some unattached IA troops while still in BA. Been too long since I started from scratch to remember.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

It's really just a constructive argument that this quest seems steeply disproportionate in comparison to others and why it is like that. This won't mean that they block me, they just require special attention. And I would speculate that they could cause trouble for newcomers to the game. The newcomer would probably not knowing what to do spend a lot of time ignoring the quest until the situation changes. By that time they could miss out on the main prizes. I know I'm tempted to do it like that too. But going up an era makes every other aspect of the quest harder. I'm happy to say I'm doing quite well trading for IA goods, I'm not sure why anymore I need them, since I haven't examined every quest to come. But it can stay there as a break in emergency should a quest give me the option of donating to a guild.

The two quests that were detailed in the first post are complete. But there are another two similar to them to come.

From what I've seen new players either storm forward asap into iron age or they just stop playing in BA because everything takes too long for them. They are too new to the game to really be in a position to know the best strategies. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but in general that is what I have witnessed. Maybe it is a little hard for new players dropping in during an event to finish it but then again maybe they are also lucky as they have an opportunity to get a few extras early on in the game even if it isn't the main prize.

When I first started I was in a hood of 4 players. For two weeks I had no idea it was meant to be any different. In one way it was detrimental because I had few players to motivate and at that time wasn't clued up on friend requests and that sort of thing. On the plus side I won the towers with not much of a challenge.

You play what is in front of you. Sometimes it isn't entirely fair but such is life.

DeletedUser110620

Well, here's an update.

foe_Fall_Harder.jpg
Yes, now I need to do 5 without loosing. hmm....

foe_Fall_Harder_Map.jpg
The battles are getting harder.

foe_Fall_Harder_Days.jpg
Just so you know, FoE fanclub says I've been "camping" for 7 days.... Now who can say they've never been in an era for more than 7 days? Camping Indeed.

DeletedUser99588

Just so you know, FoE fanclub says I've been "camping" for 7 days.... Now who can say they've never been in an era for more than 7 days? Camping Indeed.

I would say that looking at how many fp's are needed to complete BA and the time you have spent there then yes it can be considered as camping. I do not see camping as a bad thing it has its benefits but also has some drawbacks. The same as rushing through the ages has positive and negative aspects to it.

DeletedUser110620

I would say that looking at how many fp's are needed to complete BA and the time you have spent there then yes it can be considered as camping. I do not see camping as a bad thing it has its benefits but also has some drawbacks. The same as rushing through the ages has positive and negative aspects to it.

Well in other games, camping is seen as staying in one spot, doing nothing, or close to nothing. Just waiting for opportunities like for someone to walk by, then snipe them... I will give you this much, just gathering alone should be considered camping. However as can be seen, I've been constructing new great buildings for instance. If I would take your word for camping to be a measure of pure FP earned over time, and how many are required by the tech tree. Then it's pointless to label someone as a camper, since everyone in the game is camping. It's like calling me Human. It's redundant. Maybe I should call you an air breather, just so you're not the only one around using pointless labels.

DeletedUser99588

I'm not really interested in other games interpretations of words. In this game camping is staying in an Age well past the time you need to complete it. In seven days you could have moved from bronze age to Iron Age at least twice. If someone stays in an age for twice as long as they have to then it sure does look like they are camping for a while. Like I said nothing wrong with that but getting all huffy about it when a number of players point this out to you is a little immature.

DeletedUser111359

At this point the only reason you are still in BA, is because you choose to be. And if you're choosing to limit your game to what you can in IA, then you're choosing to make the event hard to complete as well. It's not at all the fault of the game at this point, and it's entirely your own fault.

Any rational player would have moved up an era, and be banging through the event without a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: