• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Chat / Messages

DeletedUser

is it possible to have a mail all option for the Guild as it's very long winded mailing people individually also what's the chance of having a chat option as the only options we have to talk to players is either via the forum or messaging?

DeletedUser

There is no such thing at the moment as "mail all option for the guild" feature. That feature has been suggested a few times. "Maybe" we will have it implemented sometime in the future!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There was a poll in June where the best ideas could be voted for... and this was one of the winners :).
Check out this thread!

DeletedUser276

There is no Maybe. It has been stated by devs and admins that we will not have an ingame chat system. Cant and wont happen for 2 main reasons... (though a ton of sub reasons as well)

1. We lack the staff count to be on 24 hours a day 7 days a week to monitor a chat system to ensure players are being decent on it and not inappropriate. Staff here are Volunteers.

2. most chat systems allow for a backdoor access to the game and thats how alot of scripts are made to cheat at the game. All the scripts and such out there are false and are just used to access player information if they are dumb enough to download them. Would rather keep it that way ;)

I do however have a skype player chatroom setup for people who want to chat about the game. Though it seems alot of people are too lazy to go onto skype. Or they figure why should they do that when we should have an ingame chat system.....

DeletedUser

is it possible to have a mail all option for the Guild

He is talking about mass messaging guild members, Blacksmith! My msg was in regard to that. Kthxbye

DeletedUser276

ooohhh my bad... saw chat and went... oh cmon not again :D

yes there will be a main all option eventually.

DeletedUser

Please read before you post :p

Hope that "eventually" won't be months away... it's tiresome to copy-paste something to 79 others! :D

DeletedUser

I agree totally that it is a royal pain to have to individually message guild members. I would have thought that this would have been one of the first priorities when creating a guild, by definition a group of individuals gathered together for the common good of all, but if you can't communicate with them, what's the point?

DeletedUser65

the "mail all guild" feature should be in the .15 update when it goes live here

DeletedUser9101

There is no Maybe. It has been stated by devs and admins that we will not have an ingame chat system. Cant and wont happen for 2 main reasons... (though a ton of sub reasons as well)

1. We lack the staff count to be on 24 hours a day 7 days a week to monitor a chat system to ensure players are being decent on it and not inappropriate. Staff here are Volunteers.

2. most chat systems allow for a backdoor access to the game and thats how alot of scripts are made to cheat at the game. All the scripts and such out there are false and are just used to access player information if they are dumb enough to download them. Would rather keep it that way ;)

I do however have a skype player chatroom setup for people who want to chat about the game. Though it seems alot of people are too lazy to go onto skype. Or they figure why should they do that when we should have an ingame chat system.....

Morning brothers in arms,

Blacksmith, the option of having a Guild chat is not that hard to implicate, and needs and should not be monitored due to some mods play the game and should not be able to monitor another guild's personal chat..
This is an easy option and a better way for Guild member to communicate amongst each other.
I have been playing W2G for years, and the "Alliance chat" saved that game, and made it more interresting, specially since the chat makes it possible for Guild members to see what members are online at what times.
I think you should reconsider this option mate :-)