• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

How do you get advanced GBs for your age?

• Thread starter DeletedUser114342
  • Start date

DeletedUser114342

Hi there, I have been playing this game for two months now and I have read several times that it is good to get GBs like the arc, alcatraz and Chateau Frontenac :
"GROUP 1: GBs that significantly increase income and ability to progress should be acquired as soon as possible: The Arc, Chateau, St. Marks, Lighthouse, and Royal Albert Hall" from LOW's advanced guide.
I have seen several cities that have GBs beyond their ages and I am not sure how they have managed to do so.
When you start, the neighbours that you have are similar to your age or experience so when you aid the chance of getting a BP beyond your age is slight. Similar to those of your friends list. It is only of you join a guild with more advanced members do you have a chance of getting a BP for an advanced GB.
Even if you are lucky enough to get a full set of prints for the arc, how then do you get the goods to build it as you need future goods? Especially since your friends and neighbourhood is of a similar age to you as well?

DeletedUser113901

1. Go to ranking. There, befriend as many players as possible in the top 100 for advanced aid BPs and later help to level your GBs.
  2. Find yourself a guild (if not already done). They'll probably have a "swap thread" where you can swap FPs and get contribution rewards (including BPs).Guilds are usually made of members of all ages.
  3. Ask an advanced player to sell you goods. Basically you invest some FPs in their GBs and they accept unfair trades 1 BA for 2 target age goods.
  4. Do not forget to add dynamic tower on your wish list as it has the potential to give you 12 VF/day goods at lvl 1 even if you are still in very low ages, actually paying for your traz/CF in a few days and removing the need for goods producing buildings.

dimondus

Captain
Ask an advanced player to sell you goods. Basically you invest some FPs in their GBs and they accept unfair trades 1 BA for 2 target age goods.
Can specify what are "fair" prices for those swaps? For example, 1BA -> 2FE goods should cost differently than 1PE -> 2FE goods, right?

DeletedUser113901

Can specify what are "fair" prices for those swaps? For example, 1BA -> 2FE goods should cost differently than 1PE -> 2FE goods, right?
In a stable world: arc set for 500.On Rugnir/Parkog it's 1000.
More or less.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser113901

I got it a few times. Guys who don't know what to do with their few thousands daily goods. I only know BA trade.

dimondus

Captain
I got it a few times. Guys who don't know what to do with their few thousands daily goods. I only know BA trade.
I did a 1PE for 1CE good with a player who was aiming to get IT and he paid 150fp for that which I considered "fair" at that time...

DeletedUser114342

I'm currently in LMA, I advanced really quickly in the TT not knowing I should of stayed in the earlier ages for longer. So how much would be considered a fair trade for LMA goods for FE?

dimondus

Captain
I'm currently in LMA, I advanced really quickly in the TT not knowing I should of stayed in the earlier ages for longer. So how much would be considered a fair trade for LMA goods for FE?
You see, you need to decide the way you like to advance in this game.
Either you moving through ages in a steady pace or choosing the age you like and staying there for longer and I mean 4-5 months time.
I personally don't like second option because I know eventually I'll get bored looking at the same buildings and fighting with the same units over and over again.

So I think for newer players first option suits better. You don't get Arc or Traz in BA but you won't be in the bottom of the hood list.
What I mean under "moving in steady pace" is you acquire and level up all crucial GBs of current age and only then moving up to the next. In my recently started O-world I've chosen to get 1 level for each age, just for the test purposes.
For example, I built LoA in IA and get it to level 2 (IA is 2nd age after BA) before moving to the next age. That way now while I'm in Ind age and my LoA will be level 7 before I'll move to PE. With this strategy I'm always at top 20 if the hood before advancing into next age. That means I get attacked very rarely and fighting is relatively easy. Also you don't need any trading goods for FPs because all your GBs are the age you're in or one age higher.

LOW's advanced guide is a good reference but it is called "advanced" for a reason. If you start anywhere besides P and R worlds you can forget about getting into top 500 or even top 1000 of the world just because other worlds are 3+ years old and you'll never catch up unless you'll have an excessive amount of $$$.

Last edited:

DeletedUser114342

Thanks for the advice Dimondus. However, I am not wanting to be one of the top players as this does not interest me. Also, it is unrealistic for a beginner like me to strive to be one of the top players. I very rarely get attacked and if I do, I rarely get plundered as I collect my goodies generally on time. I have also set an 8 strong defensive army which often deters people from attacking anyway. At the moment, I currently have statue of Zeus, LoA, St Mark's Bascilica and was about to build CdM, but I am holding off for now as I am concentrating on the arc instead.

I was curious on how someone could get advanced GBs for their age as I see there are many people who have them in their cities. Even an advanced player would still have similar constraints as the ones I have listed before when they start afresh in a new world.

So I have followed Bradype's advice and it is working (Yay Bradype :) ). I am in the process of collecting arc BPs and estimate that I should have a full set within a week. Today I was contacted by an advanced player asking if I was interested in exchanging goods for FPs hence my question on what is considered a fair exchange.

dimondus

Captain
To be honest if I had a choice between CdM and Arc I'd prefer CdM every time. Do you realize that Arc start working after lvl 20-25 and with your FP income it will took ages to level up? While CdM give FPs and also sweet attack bonus of 3% up to level 10. Even if I had a choise between Arc and Traz, I'd choose Traz every time :)

DeletedUser114342

Yeah I realise that. I just wanna go through the process of getting an arc just because I'm committed now :) . Besides, it helps my guild with goods. It just turns out that my neighbours and friends are all arc heavy so it is easier for me at this time to get the BPs for arc over traz. Currently, one of my neighbours is levelling his/her arc everyday (level 33 and counting), so I am taking advantage of this. I don't plan to get my arc to a high level as yet, because as you mentioned my capability of generating FPs are low (around 30/day).

Snarko

Private
Yeah I realise that. I just wanna go through the process of getting an arc just because I'm committed now :) . Besides, it helps my guild with goods. It just turns out that my neighbours and friends are all arc heavy so it is easier for me at this time to get the BPs for arc over traz. Currently, one of my neighbours is levelling his/her arc everyday (level 33 and counting), so I am taking advantage of this. I don't plan to get my arc to a high level as yet, because as you mentioned my capability of generating FPs are low (around 30/day).
It's ok to get an Arc early if you are active with investing FP and know how to lock rewards. Just don't go beyond lvl 10 until you have a good FP income.
It requires scouting your friends, guild and neighbors for investment opportunities to be worth it but it sounds like you are already doing that.

It's great if you can get Arc bps at no cost. It will help a lot if you want to get your Arc to level 80 later. Already having an Arc helps with this, because you can lock a bit over the base reward.

That said with your FP income I too would likely have built CdM first. Just paying for the Arc goods will take a long time.

*edit*
LOW's advanced guide is a good reference but it is called "advanced" for a reason. If you start anywhere besides P and R worlds you can forget about getting into top 500 or even top 1000 of the world just because other worlds are 3+ years old and you'll never catch up unless you'll have an excessive amount of $$$.
I'm not so sure about this. I have a long way to go but I do think I'll get into top 500 in Arvahall. Admittably it might take me a couple years but top 1000 should only be about 6 months away. I've been playing almost exactly a year and spend no cash on the game and I'm at half of what is required for top 1000.

Last edited:

DeletedUser114342

Thanks Snarko. I estimate that I am a week away from getting a full set of BPs for the arc. If the cost of goods is a lot, I will for sure build the CdM first. My guild is a supportive one where one of the rules is that you donate a small amount of fps/week towards someones observatory or arc. I am waiting until I get a full set of BPs before asking my guild members if they can help me with the goods. If they can't then I will approach high level players and see what they want for the goods.

DeletedUser112892

I am currently camping in HMA (forever) and I find Arc crucial for my future advancement because I really tend to skyrocket all GBs and to solve FPs problems.