• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spinning the wheel in the Summer Event and other previous Events

Vesiger

Monarch
Here's a report from 2014, when it was possible for the player to see his pre-allocated reward before he even got round to pressing the Stop button. https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...14-discussion-thread.27072/page-6#post-152295
And the same from 2013, when it was even more obvious: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...the-summer-event-is-rigged.22778/#post-106995
How much evidence is enough to demonstrate that pressing the button at a given moment doesn't actually affect the outcome? I'm getting the impression that the answer is that there can never be enough, because it has become an article of faith to be defended at all costs; well, that doesn't hurt anyone else, but it won't win anything extra on the wheel for the next event...

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
How much evidence is enough to demonstrate that pressing the button at a given moment doesn't actually affect the outcome? I'm getting the impression that the answer is that there can never be enough, because it has become an article of faith to be defended at all costs; well, that doesn't hurt anyone else, but it won't win anything extra on the wheel for the next event...

There will never be enough evidence, cause he can make the wheel stop where he wants. He is gifted.

The moment he gets stuck in an argument you get the master response.

Da!!

After that we start all over again. It's like a wheel you can stop. In the end, it always ends on the Da!! spot.

Agent327

Overlord
how about an idea for next year
turn animation off: and after spin it jumps directly to the prize

because the only thing that the rotating wheel and pressing stop does: it wastes time

Pedro would still claim it stops where he wants. He has this super secret strategy.

DeletedUser4727

Hey chaps,

Sorry for ignoring this, I wanted to check a couple of things.

The stop button on the wheel is for visual effect alone. Your prize is determined when you click "spin", and clicking "stop" does nothing aside from stop the animation quickly. Any assertion that clicking the stop button has an impact on your win is unfortunately merely a post hoc fallacy.

Thanks,
Richard

DeletedUser114563

You press spin and when the Sunken treasure goes over the pointer ...................................................
and it stops on the Sunken Treasure, 1 place before or after, or 2 out either way, all depending how good your reflexes are and that you pressed the stop button at the exact time it went over the pointer.
The missing info is the key and my the secret :)
Hahaha
PS. If the wheel goes bonkers and starts going backwards then there is nothing you can do but to get a palm tree.

Last edited by a moderator:
How come you don't know? asked Agent

Well Agent it's because I am a player just like you. So I don't know and even if I asked I would not be told as it's above my pay grade. lol

Ok, off topic—- so your “only” reward is dealing with us lovely, talented, and utterly charming forum members and our escapades on the threads!!

Lord, I would run screaming! J/K

Thank you, BTW

Agent327

Overlord
Okey dokey :)

You press spin and when the Sunken treasure goes over the pointer ...................................................
and it stops on the Sunken Treasure, 1 place before or after, or 2 out either way, all depending how good your reflexes are and that you pressed the stop button at the exact time it went over the pointer.
The missing info is the key and my the secret :)
Hahaha

You must have incredible reflexes that you can stop something after it has already stopped.

How does it feel now knowing that al this time you have been watching and stopping a wheel you couldn't stop?

DeletedUser111036

So your secret recipe stops the wheel on — what — one of five spaces out of a total of twelve?

You realize that you have about a 40% chance of it “stopping on the space, one next to it, or two out either way”?

I am sure that looks impressive to you, but it’s simple statistical probability, Pedro.

DeletedUser114563

Look Macunaina, I have a way of stopping the wheel on the right spot or close to it ( believe it or not ), I've been over it over and over, to have the same negative members always saying it's impossible, creating chaos and complete madness in this thread so sorry bud I'm not going to elaborate on it anymore.

DeletedUser112892

Look Macunaina, I have a way of stopping the wheel on the right spot or close to it ( believe it or not ), I've been over it over and over, to have the same negative members always saying it's impossible, creating chaos and complete madness in this thread so sorry bud I'm not going to elaborate on it anymore.
Not only members confirmed that it is false, people from FoE team confirmed it us false.
Player also gave proofs that take theory that you can stop the wheel where you want down.
If your theory was correct, you would have won much more golden prizes.