• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

We got a Shrink Kit, what about a Merge Kit ?

DeletedUser112892

A Wishing well can now be shrunk to 3x2 (An Idea that would have gotten many -1's followed by stupid comments by some people), yet we got it

What about something like a Shrine Merge kit ?

Merge 2 Shrines (sok or soa) to make a 3x3 Shrine - similar to the Shrine of Inspiration
But... Two Shrines take 8,not 9 tiles space :)

IIRC the wishing well shrink took 2 off the side (without bothering to go back and be absolutely certain) because I could then place a RF beside each one, freeing up a decent amount of space. So a similar “shrink” to a SoK, 2x2, would leave it only 1x2. I could use RF again, but why not “stack” 2 SoK in the same 2x2 space, or side by side, so to speak. Not sure the effect would be as charming as the WW turned out, though.

DeletedUser111359

IIRC the wishing well shrink took 2 off the side (without bothering to go back and be absolutely certain) because I could then place a RF beside each one, freeing up a decent amount of space. So a similar “shrink” to a SoK, 2x2, would leave it only 1x2. I could use RF again, but why not “stack” 2 SoK in the same 2x2 space, or side by side, so to speak. Not sure the effect would be as charming as the WW turned out, though.

The WW Shrink turned it from 3x3, to 3x2. So a merge for SoK could always go from 2x2 to 3x2 and be in a similar vein.

Agent327

Overlord
This all falls under "making the game easier" and "asking for extra expansions" in a clever way. All things not to suggest, but hey, have fun with the argument.

Agent327

Overlord
A 3x2 shrine giving double coins population & 2 fp would be less likely to be implemented - although it would be awesome.

No one will use a merge kit to create a building that will take up more space than the two buildings individually.

DeletedUser653

almost a pointless thread this, will inno agree to shrink the SOK so you gain expansions - never, theres too many citys where they wouod gain 5 or 6 expansions from something like this and you can have too many soks and end up without them all being motivated, so its curent size etc has a limiting effect on city design and hence its not going to get changed as suggested.
But with freedom of speech please keep discussing this .........

“With freedom of speech...”

Love this, truly. How correct! We are all free to make jackasses of ourselves with our freedom of speech, whether we are right or not! And sadly we do so very often...

DeletedUser111359

almost a pointless thread this, will inno agree to shrink the SOK so you gain expansions - never, theres too many citys where they wouod gain 5 or 6 expansions from something like this and you can have too many soks and end up without them all being motivated, so its curent size etc has a limiting effect on city design and hence its not going to get changed as suggested.
But with freedom of speech please keep discussing this .........

I'm sure that before the WW Shrink kit, you would have said the exact same thing about the possibility of it as well...

Emberguard

Legend
Probably would. However the value of a WW is different from a Shrine. Both are valuable, but WW's moreso for diamond farms then main worlds.

Whether players in multiple worlds are more willing to spend money then those in a single world I have no idea. But if they did introduce a Shrine merge kit I'm sure it'll be at least after a few major events have gone by given how recent WW shrink kits are

DeletedUser653

I'm sure that before the WW Shrink kit, you would have said the exact same thing about the possibility of it as well...

Its close, but theres not that many playes with 20 wishing wells who would gain a number of expansions from the shrink kit, but theres a great number who would gain expansions from shrinking soks. I would like this personally as i have too many soks now i think but think its not good for the game.