• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Expansion Map

DeletedUser114206

I was wondering how many expansions were available on the city map and where they were located, so I created this map. My apologies if this should be posted somewhere else or has already been posted. I couldn’t find it.

Forge of Empires - Expansion Map.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
That is showing the raster, not the available expensions.

What on earth os the use of this? Anyone with a city can see this.

DeletedUser114206

That is showing the raster, not the available expensions.

What on earth os the use of this? Anyone with a city can see this.

I’m not sure what you mean by, “the raster,” but the map shows where you can put expansions, provided of course they can be connected to a previously created expansion.

The number of available expansions, according to the wiki (https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Expansions), is 157 at the moment. So there are more available places for expansions than there are expansions. The map can help you plan how you would like to grow your city, especially if you are thinking about making your city an unusual shape. And it is essential to plan ahead because once expansions are placed, they cannot be moved. So, I found the map helpful (and playing on an iPad it's not so easy to see) and I thought others might as well.

Agent327

Overlord
I’m not sure what you mean by, “the raster,” but the map shows where you can put expansions, provided of course they can be connected to a previously created expansion.

That is something I can see when I open my city. Why would I need a map for that?

The number of available expansions, according to the wiki (https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Expansions), is 157 at the moment. So there are more available places for expansions than there are expansions. The map can help you plan how you would like to grow your city, especially if you are thinking about making your city an unusual shape. And it is essential to plan ahead because once expansions are placed, they cannot be moved. So, I found the map helpful (and playing on an iPad it's not so easy to see) and I thought others might as well.

Why would you make your city an unusaul shape? Do you profit from that?

DeletedUser114206

That is something I can see when I open my city. Why would I need a map for that?

Why would you make your city an unusaul shape? Do you profit from that?

I can’t see it playing on my iPad. As far as why someone would want an odd shaped city, who knows. It’s a game. A square city makes the most sense, but even that is not possible if you have all 157 expansions. The largest square city you can create is 12 X 12.

But really, I created this map because it interested me, and I shared it here because I thought it might interest someone else.

DeletedUser113110

A job well done. I don't think anyone came up with this before. Good for you @slhumph .
@Agent327 please stop critizing forum members. Thank you.

DeletedUser113958

Man why criticize some one trying to help. Brother thank you for the info. It helped me allot to be honest. I also wanted to know because you can only see connections on one you already expanded

DeletedUser116758

I'm on Android,, I can see where I can only place an expansion and at the same time I can see the entire map you posted.