• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Soccer Cup

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

dimondus

Captain
Overall event (and gameplay) strategy needs patience, patience and more patience. After half a year new player hopefully start to realize what he/she want and need. Those who making over 1000 diamonds per week playing this game for 3-4 years now and put A LOT of effort in it every day. So yes, its a wet dream but most of us will never see that amount of diamonds :) I'm happy if I make 500 diamonds per month to burn them on city expansions.

DeletedUser112892

Overall event (and gameplay) strategy needs patience, patience and more patience. After half a year new player hopefully start to realize what he/she want and need. Those who making over 1000 diamonds per week playing this game for 3-4 years now and put A LOT of effort in it every day. So yes, its a wet dream but most of us will never see that amount of diamonds :) I'm happy if I make 500 diamonds per month to burn them on city expansions.
I earn my expansions through GE and, very rarely, from WWs and Fountains of Youth. But, however, in 3 weeks I collect 400-500 diamonds.
EDIT:
By "expansions" I meant "diamonds for expansions".

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Oh, can you tell more about it? What it looks like before the nerf? Just curious.
Btw, I've burnt a lot of drinks on Well shrink kits, got 4, so this free up 12 tiles in my city :)
IIRC, Winner's Plaza was basically double the atk% bonus that it now gives... so by the last 3-4 eras, it was something like 8 or 10% atk bonus.

Also, the Contestant's Estate from this event got nerf batted on beta before ending up on live.
Initially they were 5% each, which was deemed too powerful for such a small footprint.

Emberguard

Legend
yeah pretty sure it was 10% attack bonus before the nerf on Winners Plaza. It got nerfed because people spent heaps of diamonds to get lots of winners plaza in beta

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
yeah pretty sure it was 10% attack bonus before the nerf on Winners Plaza. It got nerfed because people spent heaps of diamonds to get lots of winners plaza in beta
I think you're right that it was 10% for the final eras...
I know that some guy spent diamonds to get 12 of them, which considering how gakky it was trying to win daily specials, must have cost them a pretty penny!
There was plenty of uproar (which still hasn't totally died down) over the nerfing. And the nerf to Contest's Estate has only rubbed slat in the wound for some. ;)

Mind you, it's really funny now to see the vitriol & hate spewing from beta (who never got the upgrade kit as a DS), and those who've spent insane amount of diamonds to get 10-12+ Lv10 ToI's!lol.

Apparently on the US servers, there's players who've scored 425-450+ goals. o_O

dimondus

Captain
Awww, I got 3 without spending anything but if it was at least 6%... Still will keep them in the city until something better arrive. They provide good happiness and another sweet bonus.

Emberguard

Legend
Depends on who's teaching the English.

Winners' would indicate ownership (eg. Dog played with its' ball)
Winner's would indicate Winner is

DeletedUser112892

Depends on who's teaching the English.

Winners' would indicate ownership (eg. Dog played with its' ball)
Winner's would indicate Winner is
But, "Winner's" can be possessive adjective if "Winner" is singular noun.
And Winners' also indicates possessive adjective if "Winner" is plural noun.

DeletedUser15986

In other words...
'Welcome to the English language, where the grammar is made up and the rules confuse everyone!'

and by various rules, the word "ghoti" could be pronounced "fish".

English is a crazy language, thought it does have one huge upside compared to many others... In general it's a gender-neutral language.

DarkUros was correct. Plural possessive does not add another 's' just the apostrophe. Rules for something like Thomas's train- since Thomas is not a plural to begin with but all the Thomases' trains are here-- plural-

And a dog playing with its ball-- doesn't need the apostrophe at all- already possessive. "It's" means - it is- as in- It's going to be a hot day. Never have seen Its' as a possessive- it is redundant.

DeletedUser113305

someone like to tell me why 4 days out from finishing you people have moved the goals for silver and gold in the soccer cup if I had known that this is the way that this game was going I never would have started it and also contributed to your pockets,lesson for the future.

DeletedUser112892

someone like to tell me why 4 days out from finishing you people have moved the goals for silver and gold in the soccer cup if I had known that this is the way that this game was going I never would have started it and also contributed to your pockets,lesson for the future.
Because people keep scoring goals until the end of the event and quota for specific league is fixed, so amount of goals needed for specific league raises if more people keep score goal.
Gold league - 1% of players
Silver league - 5% of players
Bronze league - 20% of players

Emberguard

Legend
yeah the leagues are not a set amount of goals, they're the percentage players scoring number of goals. So if every player decided they were going to aim for 10 goals and stop when they reach that the goal amounts required would be a lot less spread out. But because you have outliers, those almost playing an entirely different game because they're just that far ahead with goals, everything ends up having a far higher difference in goal requirements.

It might seem unfair (and it's my least favourite way of measuring things), but this is precisely how highschool and Uni is graded - with a bell curve.

DeletedUser109788

I am a little confused as to when and how this event finishes. The original announcement said July 16th which is tomorrow. But the Soccer Cup window shows 1 day and 20 hours from now which is Tuesday morning.

From this I was relying on the energy drinks given for logging on over the next two days to score a goal to secure my league position {and claim rewards)

However on completing todays event quest, I am thanked for playing and told the event is over. So am I unable to get those energy drinks ?

DeletedUser112892

I think there will be two more batches of 50 energy drinks as daily rewards.