• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Separate Area for Read-Only Guild Messages

DeletedUser112774

Proposal:
I would like to suggest a separate area, in between the current Message Overview and Create Message areas, that would work for important Guild Messages. I would also like to suggest said messages could be made Read Only.

Have you checked for similar ideas?:
Yes. There is a proposal to make group messages sticky, but it doesn't directly correlate with guild messages.

Reason:
In guilds with very active swap threads, often threads that should always be accessible, like the guild rules, or an explanation of how a particular thread works (trust me, some threads require serious explaining), end up getting lost in the shuffle.

Details:
One could argue that that is what the guild forum is for, but the guild forum isn't accessible on mobile and, being a 99% mobile player, I've lost count of the times something had to be bumped or PMd to me in a new guild because I couldn't read it. Bumping often enough also has the disadvantage of making the body of the message disappear in an endless scroll up, so I would suggest that leaders be given the freedom to mark threads as read only, as that would prevent the chatter from having the same negative effect as bumping.

Balance:
Zero impact, apart from quality of life improvements.

Visual Aids:
n4SPOhZ.jpg

Attachments

• foe-sticky.jpg
    foe-sticky.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 110

DeletedUser112892

There is already guild forum :)
But, that guild forum should be added to phone app too.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99692

-1 The tag read only would not prevent the message from being deleted after a set period of time or from it being replaced by answers to posts. What you are asking for is a second Pinned message box with founder access only. Most established guilds function perfectly well without this facility.

+1 to a proposal to make the forum accessible to players on the app which might resolve this problem.

DeletedUser112892

But really, guild forums are more than needed on phone app.

DeletedUser112774

Having guild forums on mobile would definitely work for me, I simply didn't think to suggest it because I figured the developers had already tried to implement it and ran into a snag, as I don't see any other reason why we wouldn't have it after this long.

DeletedUser112774

-1 The tag read only would not prevent the message from being deleted after a set period of time or from it being replaced by answers to posts. What you are asking for is a second Pinned message box with founder access only. Most established guilds function perfectly well without this facility.

+1 to a proposal to make the forum accessible to players on the app which might resolve this problem.

I wasn't asking for a Read Only Tag, but for it to truly be read-only, ie there would be no answers to those posts.

DeletedUser99692

You don't understand. Unless it was pinned in place like the system information posts it would be superseded in priority by any thread that was created after it. Also all messages that are not actively added to are deleted by the system after a period of time. Having been a Founder for several years I know that not all guild members immediately grasp how swap threads, swap clubs, PvP, GvG, and GE work to name but a few. Then you have guild rules and etiquette. You would be on page three of your message box before the swap threads etc actually started.

What you need is access to the guild forum on the app not to, in essence, import the guild forum into the message box.

DeletedUser112774

You don't understand. Unless it was pinned in place like the system information posts it would be superseded in priority by any thread that was created after it. Also all messages that are not actively added to are deleted by the system after a period of time. Having been a Founder for several years I know that not all guild members immediately grasp how swap threads, swap clubs, PvP, GvG, and GE work to name but a few. Then you have guild rules and etiquette. You would be on page three of your message box before the swap threads etc actually started.

What you need is access to the guild forum on the app not to, in essence, import the guild forum into the message box.

I do understand, but I don't think you have looked at my mockup pic carefully. The read only area would be in a different place, sandwiched between Message Overview and Create Message. Only important guild messages there, not regular threads.

Now, that wouldn't solve the other issue you mentioned - threads expiring due to inactivity - but maybe these particular threads could simply not expire?