• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Developers - please adjust your prorities.

DeletedUser98451

Like many that have posted gvg, for me is an essential part of the game, its the part i enjoy once i get through the endless clicking of what has to be done daily. I've been in big gvg guilds and for a while it was great, plenty of action and friendly banter in global, but for a long time it has been almost unplayable at reset. For me now fighting as a one man guild and avoiding reset whenever possible is the only way to play it. So c'mon devs and please get it sorted, if the rest of the game had fallen into the same state of disrepair as gvg has been allowed to IG would have shut up shop by now

Agent327

Overlord
Please note this thread is intended to address the topic in my original post not to facilitate individual quarrels with a moderator. Can I suggest that if you wish to complain about how forum posts are moderated you do so in a thread dealing with that subject

No need to. I said what I had to say. Subject is closed as far as I am concerned.

DeletedUser108239

Thank you pops for starting the topic. I agree with you and the others who have voiced concern and complaints above, and with all the other’s who enjoy playing FoE for GvG. Since GvG opened up for me (I started just on android - 5 years ago now), I have given up all the other ‘collect & build your world’ games but stayed with FoE because of the GvG and the camaraderie on guild chat.
I (and I presume other’s) don’t get the heart racing if trying to beat the units in GE , or if collecting the ‘in a production building finish 1,000’s of productions' for 10 FP or a slight chance of winning something useful. SO PLEASE INVEST IN FIXING GvG.

DeletedUser104056

Also, noticed that newbies don't stay on game for a long time without support of majority of GvG players.

^ this! Most senior players in the guilds are heavily involved in the GvG effort. Those are the same players who help newcomers learn and thrive. How much fun would the game be without a working trade market, or a way to trade FPs to raise your great buildings?

If GvG was removed, I predict half the senior players would quit right away, the other half would get bored and quit within a year. Killing GvG would slowly kill FoE, and that's why it's still around.

Fixing GvG would require allocating some developer effort on bug fixing, and it would require raising server resources around calc when the load is the heaviest. This costs some money, but wouldn't it be worth the investment if it keeps the game running for another couple of years?

Either way I just wish Inno would tell us clearly - what is happening with GvG?

callgood

Private
"You guys and gals really don't get it do you? Nowadays there are more app players than PC players. There is no GvG on the app. There never will be GvG on the app. Now try to figure out what the future of GvG will be."

Perhaps you may need to broaden your horizons there, there are some players that require a desktop PC for play due to a disability, IE: quadriplegic, paraplegic, require a wand to play GvG and even some whom need a screen magnifier to be able to view the game. My discussion is closed there.

Hats off to pgolds for addressing the Primary Issue here : Please Adjust Your Priorities Inno and fix GvG map play for those of us that enjoy the challenge of this game.

Agent327

Overlord
Perhaps you may need to broaden your horizons there, there are some players that require a desktop PC for play due to a disability, IE: quadriplegic, paraplegic, require a wand to play GvG and even some whom need a screen magnifier to be able to view the game.

What does that have to do with GvG not being available on the app and the fact that Inno has stated it will never come to the app?

Emberguard

Legend
anyway +1 Inno please fix GvG bugs or work on something similar to GvG that still provides a fighting challenge given it's so integrated to the way guilds are lvl'd but is never coming to app

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
anyway +1 Inno please fix GvG bugs or work on something similar to GvG that still provides a fighting challenge given it's so integrated to the way guilds are lvl'd but is never coming to app
I'd rather they burn down the current GvG system, as it's way too open to abusively farming infinite ranking pts...

Please replace it with something that doesn't allow for people to farm endless ranking pts by pre-arranging mass attacks vs. easy to win battles.

Supermum1

Private
thanks pops for adressing the issue we have with GVG. without GVG I would stop playing instantly, as the main reason for me to still be playing after such a long time on this game, is the excitement of GVG and the cameraderie amongst our crew and our allies, and even the enemy at times..without this the game is worth nothing, so I really hope Inno fixes the bugs asap...

juSi

Corporal
I'm also in the camp, that GvG needs an overhaul. It would be great to hear the challenges that Inno is facing with GvG (whats broken with it, issues, etc.), just bad parenting to say "because I said so or we are not going to address it".

But with out inno's take, going to make some assumptions.
- Inno not going to fix GvG, due to tech. issues with servers not being able to handle all the actions that occur during reset (Remember when they decided to change reset time to alleviate server load). Or update mobile to include GvG due to slow performance.
- Players upset with performance/lag do to slow response.
- yes there are other mechanic issues with it (point harvesting, guild ranking, ... ) that needs to be addressed as well.

Either way, the majority of it kind of seems to boil down to the same thing too many requests occurring at the same time, decreasing performance.

Think of all the click you do when you fight 1 battle, each single click is request to inno servers:
- enter gvg map
- enter era map
- enter sector
- select troop (times 8)
- battle, if you don't do auto, all the clicks to move and attack per unit.

now multiply this by all the battle you do, then all the people in your guild doing this at the same time, and also the defenders, now don't forget other people not doing gvg, clicking things in their city, trades, messages, chatting in your and other guilds. And this is occurring on all the Worlds at the same time, chances are each world is on a different set of servers, but they all go thru the same pipeline.

If that is the case, you can either throw more money into and get better infrastructure to handle the need. Or find ways of reducing the load, or the clicks.

I am sure the autobattle inside the troop selection screen improved performance. Other click reducing measures may help, or gvg redesign so its puts less strain on servers or the players machine.

We have lost many multi year players because of the Bugs in GVG. I first played on mobile and didn't get hooked until I switched to PC play and found GVG . It is exciting , has team play, make friends on Chat will your guild. Taunting your enemies on global or them taunting you. The heart of the game is really in all the play around GVG and it needs some TLC

thanks pops for addressing the issue we have with GVG.

DeletedUser99363

All army training slots should all be 4hrs min training time in all ages, but if inno feels that would not allow to hook new players in in BA or Iron, then exclude an army that currently is not 4hrs training in GVG AA map, or simply put get rid of AA its silly

Denver Pyle

Master Corporal
+1 - Fix ALL bugs before starting new events, the time you spend creating these events could have been used to fix major issues affecting many players. Why not have a team dedicated to only fixing bugs brought to your attention

DeletedUser

+1

I find there is already a lot of confusion as to if this is a city building game vs war/battling game.

I use to LOVE special events. I couldn't wait to see if I could finish them. Now because there are so many back to back, past events I use to play now have become prizes in the dailies it took everything special out of the work I did during the event. Part of me wonders exactly how long whatever I won during a special event will become obsolete and redundant because of the next special event right around the corner.

GvG at least gave me a chance to be social, work with a team, try to strategize. It needs work no question about it between the lag and the time when "all" sectors are available again but I've seen suggestions and workarounds for it that haven't been implemented yet for some time now.

It's a good game but some of what is out there and available with a little work would make it FANTASTIC without the need for new content all the time.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
You guys and gals really don't get it do you? Nowadays there are more app players than PC players. There is no GvG on the app. There never will be GvG on the app. Now try to figure out what the future of GvG will be.

Please watch this ... especially at timestap 20:00

Agent327

Overlord
Please watch this ... especially at timestap 20:00

You'd get a better understanding of the video if you understood German. He isn't saying they will bring GvG to the app. He is saying that he understands that players on the app would also like to compete with their guild vs other guilds. He mentions GE as an example for that and he says they are looking into something similar that is likely to come next year.

That does not mean GvG for the app, but more likely no more GvG for the PC and something new for both platforms, but nice try.

Last edited by a moderator: