• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Eliminate Supplies Spoiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

If I forget to check and then come back a day later, all the supplies I had being produced have spoiled. First off, this is incredibly annoying and has me very close to quitting the game entirely. Second, it doesn't even make sense. How does a piece of pottery or fur spoil? Poorly thought out.

DeletedUser

Its you who chooses and plans for how long to make not vice versa. If its hard for you then try always making them for 1 day - you should do fine then (of course if you dont forget to come in a game twice a week.

There were many discussions about this in 'Game discussions' forum. And imho this thread should be moved there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser276

He is trying to introduce it as an idea. However he is not following the idea format. Unless the format is used the ideas threads cant be considered.

DeletedUser1081

honestly i don't see the point of asking the OP to format it properly, since it's already been discussed and dismissed as something that's not going to be changed. it's true that the term "spoiled" doesn't quite suit every item the supply houses produce, but i can't think of one that would. if someone can think of one, that would be worth proposing as an idea! :cool:

meanwhile i'm wafting this off to Game Discussion Land - have a nice waft!

DeletedUser

If I forget to check and then come back a day later, all the supplies I had being produced have spoiled. First off, this is incredibly annoying and has me very close to quitting the game entirely. Second, it doesn't even make sense. How does a piece of pottery or fur spoil? Poorly thought out.

lol Yeah let's eliminate the whole spoiling thing, how dare they make us put in any effort or thought into our cities.... But why stop there? They should also make it so the game automatically collects coins, supplies & goods for us and then even sets a new production order, all without us even having to log on at all ;)

DeletedUser

lolz this was sooooo fun

and yeah while i am typing this, my 5 mins supplies have spoiled. meh

DeletedUser

I couldn't agree more. I love the game but have a life. I can't always predict when I can get back to it. Everything else lasts indefinitely. Why doesn't the money or the granite spoil? that would make as much sense. This is really a retarded aspect of the game and should be changed. It makes me crazy when I'm an hour late and thousands and thousands of goods are lost to spoiling after people have motivated my buildings and everything. This really needs to change...

DeletedUser3220

ok so im going on holiday for 2 weeks soon and the chances on using a computer in that time are very slim but i would like to have some supplies to return to when i get home so with the lack of a holiday mode at the moment doing so would be pointless since all my goods will spoil.

DeletedUser

lol Yeah let's eliminate the whole spoiling thing, how dare they make us put in any effort or thought into our cities.... But why stop there? They should also make it so the game automatically collects coins, supplies & goods for us and then even sets a new production order, all without us even having to log on at all ;)

Can the game give us free diamonds every day if we do show up also. That would just make it even more fun!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser3630

The best way I can explain the 'spoiling' of supplies is this way:
When you order supplies to be made its like you are placing an order with the producer. If you fail to collect your order in a timely manner, the supplies get sold off to other buyers in the empire; and they don't keep a back stock. A better title should be chosen for spoiling, yes. should there be no spoiling? absolutely not.
furthermore, I see the collecting of gold from houses as 'rent' and if the landlord (you) fails to come by and collect the rent in a timely manner, you are allowing them to stay for free until you collect the rent. don't expect the poor potters and blacksmiths to hold onto your product for much longer than expected, they have children to feed and they don't need to be jerked around by a lazy king. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3630

HAHAHA! My apologies, good sir. It seems that my analogy/rant indirectly got the best of you.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Its you who chooses and plans for how long to make not vice versa. If its hard for you then try always making them for 1 day - you should do fine then (of course if you dont forget to come in a game twice a week.

There were many discussions about this in 'Game discussions' forum. And imho this thread should be moved there.

I just figured out lately how useless is the 1 day resource production option. It really boxes you in.
Lets say you start this at 6pm. next day you can't start playing (maybe a few 15min) because it is not finished yet. Also, as you are not able to sit down exactly at that time you will get later and later and later until you have to skip a day. I don't think this i s promoting play.

DeletedUser

To be honest, I don't see it as a problem. Let's be real, here. The features in FoE need to be geared toward making players want/need to return frequently to collect their goods. If the devs wanted to be jerks, they could make the produced goods expire at a set time no matter how long they took. Instead, as best I can gather, you have approximately the same amount of time to collect as the items took to produce (goods don't appear to expire at all). I know, from personal experience, that if I set production that takes 4 hours, it will still be there if I'm 3 hours late (7 hours from the time I set the production). If you set a 1 day production, but return 8 hours late (1 day and 8 hours after the production was started), the goods should be waiting for you.

DeletedUser276

Pretty much from what I figured here is the spoilage rules... shhh dont tell anyone even though I am posting them on a public forum :)

Production spoils at minimum 1 hour or 3x their production time which ever is later.

Goods dont spoil (dont take this one as gospel as I havent really tested it out by leaving goods for a week. and cant since I am attacked daily :P unless people in my area agree to stop attacking me for a week.)

Hope this helps a little.

DeletedUser

But but...

Supplies stale after the length of time it took to produce them OR 1 hour, whichever is longer (so you really shouldn't have any problem collecting the 8h production). Goods and coins do not stale, ever. But a finished production (of any type) can be plundered.

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser276

egad we were given wrong information :D now A TEST! of which one is correct :) dont worry I will be able to give the correct one in 24 hours :)

DeletedUser

EGAD ! Wonderful word Blacksmith. I'm going to have to pinch that & use it in a later post.:)

DeletedUser

Goods dont spoil (dont take this one as gospel as I havent really tested it out by leaving goods for a week. and cant since I am attacked daily :P unless people in my area agree to stop attacking me for a week.)

Hope this helps a little.

I went on holiday for a week and they where there when i got back on Cirgard. Was kind of annoying having my supplies spoil though

Decoder

Warrant Officer
To be honest, I don't see it as a problem. Let's be real, here. The features in FoE need to be geared toward making players want/need to return frequently to collect their goods. If the devs wanted to be jerks, they could make the produced goods expire at a set time no matter how long they took. Instead, as best I can gather, you have approximately the same amount of time to collect as the items took to produce (goods don't appear to expire at all). I know, from personal experience, that if I set production that takes 4 hours, it will still be there if I'm 3 hours late (7 hours from the time I set the production). If you set a 1 day production, but return 8 hours late (1 day and 8 hours after the production was started), the goods should be waiting for you.

You can't make people return more than they can. While the 4h (8h spoil) is ok, I am saying that there is too much gap between 8h and 1 day. If I go to bed at 11pm and can only get to play at 6pm next day, the 8h will spoil, the 1 day will not be ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.