• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Making more items tradeable

KenzVN

Private
It would be nice if more items are tradeable between guild members, example, motivation kits, one up kits, Reno kits may be even upgrades for buildings. I have several motivation kits that I barely use. But I am always look out for one up kits. They can be traded between non guild members but at different cost?
What is the take of other players regarding this?

Last edited:

DeletedUser96901

would be nice:
I give one Wishing Well and I want 10 mass motivation kits

DeletedUser112745

Basic economics: When you give something away for free so often, they become worthless.
Motivation kits, for example, are very commonly handed out in GE. And are therefore worthless.

The suggestion would also unnecessarily complicate the fair trade system. What exactly is a fair trade between mass motivation kits and wishing wells? Certainly way more than 10, considering motivation kits have no value due to them being free too often and Wishing Wells are pretty rare.

DeletedUser96901

The suggestion would also unnecessarily complicate the fair trade system.
there is no fair trade system (for goods)
only something people pretend to be fair

What exactly is a fair trade between mass motivation kits and wishing wells?
why must the trade be "fair" ?

two people only need to agree on the prize
and if both are happy after the trade it was fair for both sides

Basic economics
if you have enough who sell and enough who buy the prize will regulate itself

that is basic economics

if I am the only one selling Wishing Wells I can almost demand what I want

considering motivation kits have no value due to them being free too often and Wishing Wells are pretty rare.
depends on what you have and how you play

in my main world I have 14 Wishing Wells and 28 Fontain of Youth, 12 Terrace Farms and many more buildings other people would pay for
(selling those for 10 mass kit each would give more than enough for 1 year using and only aiding for events, DC, quests. but maybe I would make an auction and at the end I have enough for 5 year daily using one mass motivation kit)

why don't I build them ?
no space. I have 150+ SoK and not all are motivated every day
for me that makes Wishing Wells and all other buildings in my inventory worthless in that world

so for me many mass motiviation kits would change the way I can play
I wouldn't aid other every day (which takes much time) and still not get enough aid back to have everything motivated
I would stop aid other, use those mass motivation kits daily and save much time

(one normal motivation kit has a value of what you get from motivating when using. if you say it is be used on a SoK. value 1 FP + coins. if you use it for a tribal square: 5 goods... if somebody would want 5 FP then that would be ridiculous expensive)

Stupid idea that can easily be abused, since you can put no value on those items.
the market will make the value

if you offer a Wishing Well and want 100 mass motivation kits and nobody buys it then it was too much

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord
Basic economics: When you give something away for free so often, they become worthless.
Motivation kits, for example, are very commonly handed out in GE. And are therefore worthless.

They are at the moment, but that is about to change.

The suggestion would also unnecessarily complicate the fair trade system. What exactly is a fair trade between mass motivation kits and wishing wells? Certainly way more than 10, considering motivation kits have no value due to them being free too often and Wishing Wells are pretty rare.

Wishing Well isn't that reare anymore since there are other alternatives that do the same.

the market will make the value

if you offer a Wishing Well and want 100 mass motivation kits and nobody buys it then it was too much

Players influence and abuse the market. A Wishing Well I have on A, I can not use on B. With this I can trade you a Wishing Well on A for say a motivation kit and you return me the favor on B. I now have moved my Wishing Well from A to B.

DeletedUser96901

Players influence and abuse the market. A Wishing Well I have on A, I can not use on B. With this I can trade you a Wishing Well on A for say a motivation kit and you return me the favor on B. I now have moved my Wishing Well from A to B.
good for the people that this can't be detected :blush:

DeletedUser110899

I would also like to have this function as I have over 100 Motivation kits.

DeletedUser

There's already a market for unfair trading where a buyer pays with FP donations in a sellers GB.
That is totally unregulated, but whenever I've "bought" goods for FP's I have asked my self if it was worth it and looked around if there was another offering somewhere which was cheaper.
Now I have a Dynamic Tower and I can sell goods I earn through that for FP's If I want to.
The only thing needed is a mekanism for exchanging stuff in our inventory with each other and payment and such will evolve.
The problem now is that what's in my inventory never can get moved to yours, and that is, in my opinion, an unnecessary limitation.

DeletedUser

You are right. It sucks I can not move a OF militairy building in my inventory to a guildmember that is in IA.

Well, you can give him access to OF GB BP's already if you help him get the top spot and the goods with unfair trades, so...

I don't really see the problem here.
If some things should be excluded, does that mean that nothing should be tradedable?

Agent327

Overlord
Well, you can give him access to OF GB BP's already if you help him get the top spot and the goods with unfair trades, so...

Nothing unfair about that. The game allows it.

I don't really see the problem here.
If some things should be excluded, does that mean that nothing should be tradedable?

No, but should it mean you can trade everything? What if I decide to quit and want to donate everything I have to someone else? There are rules for that.

It would be nice if more items are tradeable between guild members, example, motivation kits, one up kits, Reno kits may be even upgrades for buildings. I have several motivation kits that I barely use. But I am always look out for one up kits. They can be traded between non guild members but at different cost?
What is the take of other players regarding this?
YES, I've thought this too.. it would be a marked improvement... though it could make it too easy.. Maybe make tradeable items between guild members but not free..i.e. have a coin or supply cost attached to a building/item just like in reality, a house just cant be given away and moved for free.

DeletedUser110531

The problem with the whole concept of this would be that it is just impractical. Something like this has 2 ways of working 1. it would have a separate market for this kind of items, or 2. Just giving a gift feature and let players sort it out between them.

As nice as the idea sounds there are just too many ways that it can be abused. Think about it. A high aged guild member could give away a ton of his stuff and effectively put an IA player so far advanced that no one else stands a chance.

I think coming up with something like this was great just you need to think of some of the details. :)

DeletedUser96901

As nice as the idea sounds there are just too many ways that it can be abused. Think about it. A high aged guild member could give away a ton of his stuff and effectively put an IA player so far advanced that no one else stands a chance.
think about it
a high tech player gives an OF building to an iron age player
and the iron age player gets the iron age version of it
:P

that is how event already works
2 players of different age (same neighborhood) are spinning in the summer event on the same wheel for the same prize
and both would get the version of his age.

btw:
what you say already happens
OF players give a ton of his stuff (goods) to an IA player and that player builds Kraken, AO, Arc, Alcatraz, ... and a normal IA player has no chance

DeletedUser110531

That button has been removed with a reason.
Yes I know, that's why I used it as an example for a feature I did not think we needed.

what you say already happens
OF players give a ton of his stuff (goods) to an IA player and that player builds Kraken, AO, Arc, Alcatraz, ... and a normal IA player has no chance
Yes this is very true, but at least the great buildings require some amount of effort and coordination to actually own the. As compared to just having items directly given to you. Yes GB's of a higher age do give players quite an advantage but its not on the same level as flooding an IA player with OF troops and letting them cause mayhem. (even if it does sound entertaining).

When you use alcatraz as an example that building is limited to that players age, yes the happiness could give the player an advantage but they will not have troops of a higher age. Although they will get a ton of units for their age. You also have to account for a players skill, not everyone will be hardened fighters as soon as they pick up the game, great buildings are there to boost a players base skill ,a skill that is developed.

I just think the system we have now is good, nothing is perfect and people will always see imperfections and suggest improvements.

Agent327

Overlord
You also have to account for a players skill, not everyone will be hardened fighters as soon as they pick up the game, great buildings are there to boost a players base skill ,a skill that is developed.

What skill?

With Alcatraz delivering a ton of units and a Zeus on say level 10, even my dog can win everything on autobattle.