• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Spring Event 2018

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Sadly, not one single upgrade on any of the event buildings has been won so far. 43 quests completed, and I give up. All I wanted was one specific upgrade, so have saved all lanterns for focussing on just that. Dozens of attempts at odds ranging from 12% to 20% and never won.
Why were you going after the 12% chests then? The 'worst' odds on the big chest is 18%.

Useless. These 'random' events are pretty bad at giving out. 20% = 1/5, not 0/20.
That's not how probability actually works...

Overall, I the lone complaint I'd offer for this year's event would be;
- removal of Lanterns from the 'prize' chests.
Last year's event directly copied the Elvenar prize model, where every chest contained Lanterns as 2 potential prizes; 1st was a slightly higher % and was the base cost of the chest you opened (ie: a 50 lantern chest could give back 50 lanterns). 2nd was a slight lantern 'profit' at a lower %. (ie: a 50 lantern could give back 70, but less often than you'd get 50)

This alone made getting the complete set viable as long as you aimed specifically for the set pieces needed.

Sadly, this year's event offered basically 95% garbage outside of the daily specials + the 'guaranteed' SoK + Reno Kit IF[/I] you spent only on the 60-65 chests + completed all quests AND picked up every possible cherry tree while getting decent numbers of '5' + '10' lantern payouts.

For next year; Put the Lanterns back into the chests as possible prizes!!
We don't have to get the 2nd small 'profit' prize, but putting into each chest the chance to effectively win a 'free attempt' not only means better odds at getting the set pice dailies, but also allows more players to at least earn the initial 2 'blossom prizes'.

I've walked away with 4/5 upgrade kits from this event for 0 diamonds spent, only missing out on the Nishki Pond upgrade as I simply got on the wrong end of the roughly 40/60 odds of getting it/not getting it... (7 tries @ 20% - I'd have needed 11-12 tries for more ideal odds)
For the cost of 2 map provinces, not a bad return overall, as my atk% + goods are now doubled, and I'll earn a couple extra fp's + medals/day now. :)

Mandelynn

Corporal
I walked away with one upgrade using the best chance (60, 65 lantern) and wasted moving on the world map for nothing.
I also didn't realize the Gong wouldn't be an upgrade so never tried for it. Too late now. I have 3 lanterns.
I have noticed the odds of getting anything has been reduced since Oct.
Guess they want more to pay for more chances and I might have considered it except 18 percent chance, well those odds are not worth it unlike last year where you had a much better chance at getting the set.
So, all that time and effort for nothing.
Got more motivation kits that sit in my inventory and 10 percent boosts.
Even the lower prices were crxp.

Mandelynn

Corporal
Oh and to those who complain about complaining and the game is free stuff? It's not free when you invest a lot of time, goods, and supplies, coin into it.
How much do you get paid an hour/salary at work?
What is your time worth to you?
If you think this game is free, come plow my driveway and mow my lawn every week.
I'll pay you in lanterns.

Agent327

Overlord
Oh and to those who complain about complaining and the game is free stuff? It's not free when you invest a lot of time, goods, and supplies, coin into it.
How much do you get paid an hour/salary at work?
What is your time worth to you?
If you think this game is free, come plow my driveway and mow my lawn every week.
I'll pay you in lanterns.

Is someone forcing you to invest a lot of time, goods, and supplies, coin into it, or is it your FREE choice?

DeletedUser112089

Is someone forcing you to invest a lot of time, goods, and supplies, coin into it, or is it your FREE choice?

Don't you dare talk about free choice, free choice is to have free thought, and you hate people who think anything different to you.

Everywhere I look on the forums I see your miserable bad tempered rhetoric slamming people for sharing how their thoughts and feelings - your nothing more than a TROLL! and should be banned.

Agent327

Overlord
Don't you dare talk about free choice, free choice is to have free thought, and you hate people who think anything different to you.

So you have no free thought and voices in your head are telling you, you MUST play a game and complain about it?

DeletedUser103052

So you have no free thought and voices in your head are telling you, you MUST play a game and complain about it?

Venturius has a point, I don't think I've ever seen a positive comment from yourself on this forum, if your aim is to troll then you're doing a good job, but on the off-chance that these are just your own opinions then you might consider this an intervention.

Agent327

Overlord
Venturius has a point, I don't think I've ever seen a positive comment from yourself on this forum, if your aim is to troll then you're doing a good job, but on the off-chance that these are just your own opinions then you might consider this an intervention.

I am very grateful you read all my posts. I even feel flattered.

Venturius doesn't like gambling, but he gambles all the time. Maybe your intervention is directed at the wrong person.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I walked away with one upgrade using the best chance (60, 65 lantern) and wasted moving on the world map for nothing.
I also didn't realize the Gong wouldn't be an upgrade so never tried for it. Too late now. I have 3 lanterns.
I have noticed the odds of getting anything has been reduced since Oct.
Guess they want more to pay for more chances and I might have considered it except 18 percent chance, well those odds are not worth it unlike last year where you had a much better chance at getting the set.
So, all that time and effort for nothing.
Got more motivation kits that sit in my inventory and 10 percent boosts.
Even the lower prices were crxp.
How many attempts did you make at any one time though?

If you saved up 1-1.2k worth of lanterns & then blew them all at once, then yes, sadly you're simply one of those who ended up on the below average end of the probability curve.
It sucks, and happened to me last year when the set was first introduced... (12 attempts including 're-rolls' from winning more lanterns, and no dice @25% odds!)
However, if you've only got enough lanterns on hand for 4-6 attempts when you go after an 18-20% prize, then that's on you! Your odds are terrible AND you don't have many additional attempts on hand to try and limit the impact of the random variance.

For myself in this event, I did;
- Waited until I had 1.3k lanterns saved up... I didn't spend a single one until the back end of the event, giving me roughly 44 quests or so worth of lanterns + bonus trees to collect & save up.

- Going for Sak Rock, I got it on my 5th attempt. Slightly above average.
- Going for the Gong, I got it first attempt. Extremely lucky!
- Going for the Zen Zone, I got it 4th attempt. Above average luck.
- Going for the Emp's Entrance, I got it on my 6th attempt.
- Going for the Nishki Pond... well, I had 7 attempts and didn't get it, which was about average.

So overall, I had typically slightly above average luck, with 1 really lucky win, and got skunked once... roughly about what you'd expect.

DeletedUser96901

event was awesome

bad luck
but after 11400 diamonds I have what I want

so lets wait and see how much diamonds I need in the next event (not historical questline)

DeletedUser110419

How many attempts did you make at any one time though?

Quite the irrelevant question. If I make six attempts at a particular prize (with a given percentage of getting it each time), then it matters not whether I make those attempts all at once or split those attempts up.

That being said, if all five kits are needed at the beginning of the event, the strategy of saving up lanterns to use at the end of the event will yield (on average) the same results as spending lanterns as soon as possible for ungained kits.

I have been reading these comments for a relatively short time, but have come to some realizations. And probably should keep my typing to myself, but, what the heck.

There are a few here who have comments on many/most of the threads/posts I read. This is a forum open to all- after all- who are signed up and hopefully actually playing the game. I have found it is wise to pay attention to them. They are seasoned, experienced, and cynical- with some sarcasm thrown in for good measure. Also- more often than not, they are correct and have good insights, if you pay attention. Also more droll than troll.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Quite the irrelevant question. If I make six attempts at a particular prize (with a given percentage of getting it each time), then it matters not whether I make those attempts all at once or split those attempts up.

That being said, if all five kits are needed at the beginning of the event, the strategy of saving up lanterns to use at the end of the event will yield (on average) the same results as spending lanterns as soon as possible for ungained kits.
No, it's not...
Look at the Carnival event & the two 'random chance' florens games, which are the same mechanics as when cashing in for a prize chest
If you doubled the 15% odds to 30%, you needed 11-12 tickets to 'guarantee' victory.
If you doubled the 5% odds to 10%, then you needed 42-44 tickets to 'guarantee' victory.
Of course, there's still always the roughly 1% odds you spend the required total amount and get nothing, but hey, that's random variance for you! :P

More attempts at the same time is needed to account for the random variance & reduce the odds of failure.
Yes, Inno is using some awful RNG generators, but still, probability is probability and the only difference is whether the variance is going to be 1% or 3% or whatever who get 'RNG-screwed'.

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
This event ended up better than I thought. I managed to get a full set on both my worlds, one world all 5 buildings reached L2, the other one, where I started with only 3 buildings, all but the useless Nishi Pnd reached L2. I did not get any other prizes worth mentioning, but I did not spend any diamonds either.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
This event ended up better than I thought. I managed to get a full set on both my worlds, one world all 5 buildings reached L2, the other one, where I started with only 3 buildings, all but the useless Nishi Pnd reached L2. I did not get any other prizes worth mentioning, but I did not spend any diamonds either.
Nishki Pond is decent for early era players, as most 'hoodies won't yet have insane atk% boosts, so an added 7% def over the Lv1 + a decent defending army will see off most attackers...

Later eras though? Yeah, the pond is useless, since you eventually hit a saturation point whereby def becomes useless, and you need to find ways to boost your city defender's atk score. ;)

DeletedUser112745

If anyone could help me get the devs to see my idea: Excess event reward

It is about recycling unwanted cherry blossom kits
No need. The game staff check the forum daily. They’ll see it. They probably won’t do anything though unless a large majority of forum players agree with it by replying to the thread with “+1”. A nice democracy system that involves the playerbase. :)

DeletedUser113180

No need. The game staff check the forum daily. They’ll see it. They probably won’t do anything though unless a large majority of forum players agree with it by replying to the thread with “+1”. A nice democracy system that involves the playerbase. :)
I see... Sorry im very new to FOE. (And first day on the forum)

DeletedUser96901

you can win more set pieces in daily challenge

and then have more than one set