• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

"Fair Trade" completely unfair. True fair trade calculator

Vesiger

Monarch
My calculation is done for the guilds who what to develop a good relationships inside. As for now 1:2 system simply use inexperienced players from lower ages as a tool for advanced players to get profit. Which is fine with me, but it's far away from the term "fair".
It really isn't that sinister - it's just a way to ensure that high-level players can take any trade within the guild on the assurance that these goods can then be exchanged back for any other goods within the guild on the same scale of values, and everything will even out.
If anything, it helps encourage people to be unselfish in taking trades when they don't especially need the goods on offer but just want to help...

It really isn't that sinister - it's just a way to ensure that high-level players can take any trade within the guild on the assurance that these goods can then be exchanged back for any other goods within the guild on the same scale of values, and everything will even out.
If anything, it helps encourage people to be unselfish in taking trades when they don't especially need the goods on offer but just want to help...

Yes if it's done like you say. But as I seen in not top 3 guilds usually there are people who just make the most effective buildings and trade to lower era 2:1. Which is about 3x way more effective then making those lower era goods themselves. I don't say it's not reasonable, I say it's not too fair :)

Vesiger

Monarch
Yes if it's done like you say. But as I seen in not top 3 guilds usually there are people who just make the most effective buildings and trade to lower era 2:1. Which is about 3x way more effective then making those lower era goods themselves
I don't really see what good that does them - they can't use those lower era goods in research for their own age, and if it's a 'fair trade' guild then they won't get any more for selling them...
Obviously it's much more efficient to make goods of your own age and trade down than it is to make lower-age goods yourself, as you don't need to run production buildings of all ages. The motive is to save space - I always 'upgrade' my buildings when I get to a new age and rely on trading and special buildings for lower-age supplies. But so far as I've noticed I'm not getting rich by doing it! I usually try to keep my stocks moving up and down the ages to balance out at about a hundred of each so that I can take trades; ending up with thousands of BA goods for Future goods would be pretty pointless.
Our guild certainly isn't in the top three, and never will be; we've been hovering around 50 for years.

Last edited:
I don't really see what good that does them - they can't use those lower era goods in research for their own age, and if it's a 'fair trade' guild then they won't get any more for selling them...

Than you probably was not researching. MOST of the lower era resources are needed for higher era tech. Here is an article you might be interested in:
Goods Buildings & Tech Tree Requirements

Obviously it's much more efficient to make goods of your own age and trade down than it is to make lower-age goods yourself, as you don't need to run production buildings of all ages.

It's much more efficient tile wise. My whole poin is about fair usage of city tiles.

The motive is to save space - I always 'upgrade' my buildings when I get to a new age and rely on trading and special buildings for lower-age supplies. But so far as I've noticed I'm not getting rich by doing it!

You've noticed wrong. If you were building the lower era goods you would get much less even with your era populations and supply buildings. So basically you are using your guildmates without even realizing it. Mostly you should trade them more of higher era goods. And how much more is in the original post.

@Goblin The Great King

There is a flaw in your reasoning. To get unrefined goods I do not need to trade or put up the good buildings. I get them from my GB's.

Tile based true fair system is like an ethalon meter (it can work in a very limited and controlled environment) but still it's used to compare with the all other length counter all over the world. Same for the calculation. It is created on the base data that can't be changed. Some people can use GBs to produce unrefined goods, other will not. Some will trade with profit. Other get them some from GE etc.
But still ethalon is counted based on the full chain of buildings. The bigger the chain - the more expencive is the goods - no matter how you obtained them.

Agent327

Overlord
Data can change. The level of my Babylon determines the number of goods and the number of tiles does not change.

dimondus

Captain
That comes nicely with one of my previous posts. FoE does not have global market. So to rotate goods with decent pace players sometimes have to take offers they don't really need. That is usually done between guildmates as for other offers you'll spend FPs.
If I know that by accepting 1:2 trade I can return those goods in a week I'll take any trade from my guildies. With your system that is not the case so it will be progressively difficult to get particular goods that are "unfair" to produce.

If the game had global market (like EVE Online) then neither your model nor "fair" trade model won't work. It would all be regulated by offer/demand ratio and Inno does not need to implement 2:1/1:2 range limits in the first place. But they won't implement that because it would be a huge load on the servers.

Last edited:
You state your calculation is based on the fact that data can not change. Data can change.

My data is based on the productions buildings info that's stable and thus it can be used as a base for other calculations. May be the last two eras may change during patches, not the other ones. GBs has nothing to do with it.

That comes nicely with one of my previous posts. FoE does not have global market. So to rotate goods with decent pace players sometimes have to take offers they don't really need. That is usually done between guildmates as for other offers you'll spend FPs.
If I know that by accepting 1:2 trade I can return those goods in a week I'll take any trade from my guildies.

If using tile based true fair you don't need to "help". You just trade and you always know that you get exactly what you can trade for any other resource in future. The whole point is to make life in the guild easier not because of some abstract thoughts like help and altruism, but by making the system in which you accept any deal because ther are even.

Agent327

Overlord
My data is based on the productions buildings info that's stable and thus it can be used as a base for other calculations. May be the last two eras may change during patches, not the other ones. GBs has nothing to do with it.

GB's have everything to do with it and not only GB's. Non of the goods I produce come from goods buildings, so how does your "true fair trade calculator" deal with that? Or can I now conclude that it isn't really that "true"?

GB's have everything to do with it and not only GB's. Non of the goods I produce come from goods buildings, so how does your "true fair trade calculator" deal with that? Or can I now conclude that it isn't really that "true"?

If all your guildmates and friend produce all or most of the goods using GBs than tile based true fair system will not work for you. But I'm sure that's entirely not true.
You can conclude whatever your understanding can provide. This article can help understand the basics en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost

dimondus

Captain
If all your guildmates and friend produce all or most of the goods using GBs than tile based true fair system will not work for you. But I'm sure that's entirely not true.
Another assumption your theory is based on - guildmates MUST be an active traders because by doing trades with other players (hood/friends) you spend 1FP for each trade and suddenly it becomes "not fair" for the person accepting a trade.
You can conclude whatever your understanding can provide. This article can help understand the basics en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opportunity_cost
That is exactly what I was referring to. Higher demand -> Higher price. By your approach Higher demand=same price because its not "Fair" otherwise.
Usually players in lower ages can produce more due to houses/supply/culture buildings take less space. And yes you get city expansions while progressing through ages but its not a linear dependence and its very noticeable in/after Progressive era (funny I know)

Last edited:
That is exactly what I was referring to. Higher demand -> Higher price. By your approach Higher demand=same price because its not "Fair" otherwise.
Usually players in lower ages can produce more due to houses/supply/culture buildings take less space. And yes you get city expansions while progressing through ages but its not a linear dependence and its very noticeable in/after Progressive era (funny I know)

May be it's tile based true fair is much more needed in lower ages. I agree with that.