• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.124

DeletedUser

I really miss the Treasure hunt!
That was the main reason I logged in to the game regularly.
The possibility to win up to 17 Forge Points each day made a huge difference!

dimondus

Captain
think about the workers in there celebrating a successfully ended production, without anyone severing a leg in the engines
Get a Drone factory, there are no human workforce involved :)
My city had little changes since EMA, but that was the results of hard work, literally 10 (non-consecutive, of course) real-life hours of planning
I bet you haven't advanced into Progressive era.
To toggle graphics on and off, showing only a basic shape of the buildings, in a very distinguishable colour
Good idea!

DeletedUser

Also, I usually finish the GE level 4 before Friday, leaving Friday to Monday without those "extra activities".
Incidents don't occur or give enough rewards to motivate me to log in more frequently.

DeletedUser112690

Has it gone forever? I can't find anything written about it. I love the Treasure hunt, winning a military unit plus all of the rest for free is great! It suddenly disappeared from my screen...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98616

Where was the announcement of the removal of the treasure ship ?

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
A question if I may.

When you normally store a building with slots unlocked with diamonds in the inventory, those slots get reset (according to http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Store_Building#Limitation).
In Reconstruction Mode, are buildings with unlocked slots safe from being reset whilst in temporary storage? :)

i tempoarily stored 3 rogue hideouts yesterday with all slots unlocked. I was extremely anoyed to find I had lost the slots when I put the buildings back. There should be a warning when you are about to store them that you will loose slots opened by diamonds.

DeletedUser112536

I'm a bit bummed about the Treasure Hunt. That was the main reason I logged on and stayed online everyday so that I could get all the chest before the 8 hour and then do that overnight. I used to time it so it didn't restart on me. The game is going to be a lot more boring now for me without the Treasure Hunt because I wont have to log on as often. I'll see if I stay or not.
The incidents are alright. Some are good rewards some are so-so.
Not a fan of getting so many motivation kits. I have over 40 and I'm not using them.
It would be good to add a rotate button as well. I also don't know why Great Buildings need roads when there are some special event buildings that don't need a road. Especially that some of the Great Buildings are so big.
I'm glad the -1 is gone, I would have been happy with just not losing a point if you didn't chose a daily chest because the chests aren't favourable. That annoyed me. But losing one because I didn't complete it in time was fine for me.

It seems that the update on losing the treasure hunt occurred at different times for some people because it only happened for me in Australia at 9pm AEST. Not sure if this is on purpose or not.

DeletedUser112632

The Treasure Hunt seems to be a major loss for Desktop players, myself included. Losing Treasure Hunt means that there is much less incentive to be logged on beyond one or two times a day. Of course the loss of up to 17 fp's, 50 Goods, various military units, blueprint, not to mention the gold and supplies that could be won throughout the day. InnoGames are doing a great job of belt tightening for the Desktop/Laptop players. They wouldn't bring it to other platforms and have made the game 'less' for many players. ☹️

Agent327

Overlord
What I would really like to see regarding these kits is the ability to use them on already finished productions. Sometimes after the night cycle, I end up with finished productions with a couple of them non-motivated and I have to accept it, even though I have several kits in my Inventory.

Better read the anmnouncement again.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
The Treasure Hunt seems to be a major loss for Desktop players, myself included. Losing Treasure Hunt means that there is much less incentive to be logged on beyond one or two times a day. Of course the loss of up to 17 fp's, 50 Goods, various military units, blueprint, not to mention the gold and supplies that could be won throughout the day. InnoGames are doing a great job of belt tightening for the Desktop/Laptop players. They wouldn't bring it to other platforms and have made the game 'less' for many players. ☹️
I'm also a desktop only player, and honestly, I'm not sad to see the treasure hunt go... it could be awkward more so than not having to get it rolling from the 5min-->15min-->1hr chests, and the rewards overall were nothing to get overly excited about.
I make more goods + fps per week just doing an 'incident hunt' 3x/day through my city, AND, I've even made a few diamonds with incidents, which is something TH never could do!

I earn at least 24 unattached units/week through GE, plus whatever else pops out of silver relics/DC's. Why do I care again about 1 or 2 more from the TH?
Oh that's right, I'm also going to be putting a 'Traz into my city, for even more 'free' Rogue production too.:P

Goods loss? Okay, I'll admit that the occasional 50 goods package was nice, but I'm currently running 20-26 recurring quests/day with 100% CF bonus, so I make more goods per day anyways...

FP's? Let's see, between Friends Tavern pub crawling, various event buildings, Town Hall et all, I'm already pulling in more than TH could give even if it gave me the 17/day without fail...

Coins/Supplies? Please. If TH was make-or-break for your basic resources, then I'm sorry to say but, you need to build a better city.

Sure, it's sad to lose a feature, but let's not kid ourselves that the Treasure Hunt was anything more than a very occasional perk, and mostly just a mild nuisance.

DeletedUser112632

Treasure Hunt was never a nuisance, in fact it was slightly addictive. And as for the pew-pewing of the rewards I would point out the obvious, that all the rewards were in addition to whatever else the game served up. Treasure Hunt rewards were far better than Incident rewards (apart from the miniscule chance of winning 5 diamonds that is).

An interesting fact about these threads seems to be that certain names never seem to point out flaws in this game. In fact quite the opposite if you click on those names and look at some of their posts, the vast majority of which seem to say that InnoGames walks on water, and it isn't possible for them to get it wrong.

They got it wrong this time by taking away a positive feature.

Dead-Eye

General
I never gave the TH much thought as its not on the app. If my day had me in and out the house regularly it was OK. The bigger rewards were alright. Then I broke my leg and found myself sat at home with bugger all to do and all of a sudden the TH was a good source of free stuff. Having 10 FP's or 50 goods for what amounts to a click of the mouse from time to time through out the day is pretty cool. I would be sad to see it go if this happened last month.

Mandelynn

Corporal
Losing treasure hunt means I don 't have to log into the game very much. Its a loss of revenue for the game as they won't have users logging in as much (every 4 hours) to keep the hunt going.
Its still active on the American side for now. I'm using it now. Hope the same fate doesn't follow over there.

Agent327

Overlord
The Treassure Hunt was a nice and easy way to pick up stuff. It is rather stupid to say there are other ways to do that as well. Ofcourse you can, but you could do it both ways and that now will stop.

It will stop everywhere.Updates on the UK server are usually one or two days earlier. On the US server it will probably stop the 18th.

wotviewer

Private
another PC player lamenting loss of TH
I would log on in a very programmed manner just in order to make it to the end of TH whenever real life allowed. Of course that meant I could not achieve it every day, but it was a very positive incentive for me in terms of making sure I repeatedly logged in. Now it has gone, so to has the relevance of the 5 and 15 minute production cycles. Also now why bother with the 1 and 4 hour, just hit the 8 hour twice per day and go do something else instead.

Incidents occur too sporadically to give an incentive for regular play throughout a day, and the absence of progression in the rewards just makes you wonder why bother for a predominance of 240 supplies/gold "rewards" (LMA era)

On the positives, hooray for removing the -1. I and several others in my guild had discussed this recently and each realised we had actively stopped doing them because of that feature. The far too frequent requirement to win/negotiate sectors on the campaign map is a real disincentive if your choice of game play is not to be forced into progressing through the eras asap simply so you have sectors to scout and thus available to take. So having to take a -1 hit because those cropped up meant there was no incentive to even try the dailies.