• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update to 1.124

DeletedUser4727

Thanks for your feedback so far, guys.

Any chance of a fix for the tavern boost display bug that means the tavern timer fails to display the remaining boost time accurately and even displays that a boost is still active after it has expired?
Can I get you to PM me with a little detail on this, and I'll look in to it further for you.

Self-Aid kits are a good update... One question; will we be able to use them on finished production buildings? (The current limitation of only being able to use them on "in-progress" productions makes them less attractive.)

Also, will we be able to apply the kit directly via the building we want to polivate? (Having to apply several kits manually each time via the inventory is clunky as heck.)
My understanding is they'll work in much the same way as the mass motivate kits, with the exception they can be used to polish too. This means they'll work on unpolished buildings, or to motivate in progress not complete. I'll feedback around the ability to apply to complete, though. See below for correction, thanks Test.
Sure I'll miss that good ol' Captain. But the game had to be balanced between browser, phone and tablet players. TH only being available to browser players was a bit unfair, to be honest. I prefer having something available to everyone, like incidents, rather than something unique to browser players.
Of course everything he could find has been transferred to incidents and GE. Incidents can provide coins, supplies, medals, Forge Points, Blueprints, potions, motivation kits ... but what about unattached soldiers (offered in the 8-hour chest) ? Perhaps now from rhinos on rafts and bonsai trees ?

The removal of the Daily Challenge penalty is also a very good move. Players with busy schedules and/or unable to log in for various reasons, or simply whose city layout does not allow them to complete the challenge in time, will not be penalised anymore.

The window dismissal should also make our lives easier. But does it affect the "Victory" window for GE's negotiation game too ?
Also looking forward to see the new zoom level and Reconstruction functionality in action. What is this new building to the southwest of the Friends Tavern with a play button over it, by the way ?
Yes, the dismissal works on GE windows too. I'll feedback about unattached units for you :) The building in the screenshot is the Show Hall, another feature currently in Beta.

Am I dreaming? All these great updates in one package can't be true...Someone at Inno actually cares!
We all care ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

My understanding is they'll work in much the same way as the mass motivate kits, with the exception they can be used to polish too. This means they'll work on unpolished buildings, or to motivate in progress not complete. I'll feedback around the ability to apply to complete, though.
it is clear that they work on completed productions

Self-Aid Kits (Work in Progress)
We plan to change the motivation and mass-motivation kits into "self-aid"-Kits, which will allow you to not only motivate buildings, but also polish decorations and aid supply- and coin productions even if the production is already finished!

DeletedUser15986

My understanding is they'll work in much the same way as the mass motivate kits, with the exception they can be used to polish too. This means they'll work on unpolished buildings, or to motivate in progress not complete. I'll feedback around the ability to apply to complete, though. See below for correction, thanks Test.

Somehow managed to miss the part about completed productions, so thanks to test and yourself for highlighting it!

Is there any chance the feature will be enhanced to apply directly in the building window in the future? (Thus avoiding the clunky "one-by-one approach.")

Iwateguy

Major-General
They can not bring it to the app, so what do you suggest?

I missed the part where they say "they can not bring it to the app". Did you get that from elsewhere or are you reading between the lines?

The announcement says "This is one of the reasons the feature never made the jump to mobile." If one of those reasons was that it couldn't be done, there wouldn't be much need for any other reason.

I'll be sorry to see TH disappear. I play almost exclusively on the PC and it gave me a nice reason to log in again in an hour or in 4 hours. Take that away and I suspect I'll just end up logging in less often and use 24-hour productions more often.

While I'm glad to lose the -1 for the DC, it also seems that removes a certain amount of incentive to log in. Seems a bit counter-productive.

DeletedUser106818

A great update big thumbs up from me :)

I still do the TH on weekends myself for the chance to gain an extra Troop from the final 8hr Hunt, would also like to see a rare Incident in my City to replace this :)

Some great changes coming up.
I particularly like the fact that there will no longer be a -1 for missed Daily Challenges. My shift pattern at work has meant that I have missed so many after getting so far. Now I can work my four nights and rejoin the challenges without loss, it's a huge improvement.

DeletedUser4727

I missed the part where they say "they can not bring it to the app". Did you get that from elsewhere or are you reading between the lines?

The announcement says "This is one of the reasons the feature never made the jump to mobile." If one of those reasons was that it couldn't be done, there wouldn't be much need for any other reason.

I'll be sorry to see TH disappear. I play almost exclusively on the PC and it gave me a nice reason to log in again in an hour or in 4 hours. Take that away and I suspect I'll just end up logging in less often and use 24-hour productions more often.

While I'm glad to lose the -1 for the DC, it also seems that removes a certain amount of incentive to log in. Seems a bit counter-productive.
The Treasure Hunt not being available on the app/not being something which will be brought to the app has been known for some time, but I'll modify the post to make that clear, thanks :)

DeletedUser111709

Everything seems wonderful. I m only worring about the production window that now counts any active boosts. This may lead to some comfusion since active boosts at the beginning of the production may not be active at the end. I believe that the base production should be shown along with the boosted production.

DeletedUser112597

I feel bittersweet about the removal of the Treasure Hunt. Sad because it's some lost income, but also relieve because sometimes following those hunt messed up my schedules.

DeletedUser4727

Iwateguy

Major-General
The Treasure Hunt not being available on the app/not being something which will be brought to the app has been known for some time, but I'll modify the post to make that clear, thanks :)

You're welcome but what you're saying isn't what I was commenting on. I was asking about the implication in "they can not bring it to the app". There's a world of difference between not having TH on the app, maybe for technical reasons, and not having it there because we (Inno) just didn't want to do it.

Certainly, it's a moot point at this stage.

DeletedUser113110

This is the BEST update in the whole FoE History.
It will enhance gaming by if not a billion, a million times.
I hope they give the 17th Age out soon...

DeletedUser108759

Some of the updates look fabulous, but I'm really sad to lose the Captain's treasure hunt. I work on computer most of the day, and that was my main (sole) motivation for revisiting the game several times each day. It'll be down to once or twice a day from now on...no other reason to come back.

dimondus

Captain
Awesome changes! Lets back to the Daily challenges once again.
Reconstruction mode - good bye FoE Manager :'(
Also, will we be able to apply the kit directly via the building we want to polivate? (Having to apply several kits manually each time via the inventory is clunky as heck.)
Or they can make them work continuously like placing other buildings from the building menu. Click on Motivate kit then click on each building you want to polish/motivate, click Cancel when done motivating.
I'm so exited for the upcoming HTML5 conversion, so that all those memory leaks will gone!

Last edited:

dimondus

Captain
I feel bittersweet about the removal of the Treasure Hunt. Sad because it's some lost income, but also relieve because sometimes following those hunt messed up my schedules.
lost income? Do you seriously rely on those 2-3k coins/supplies? :)

DeletedUser14881

City Zoom - Not really useful, but very interesting for the sake of curiosity.

Don't show again for productions - Very useful, as long as it ACTUALLY WORKS, differently of the (promised) "don't show again" for quests in which we should prevent quests, namely recurring, we don't have any interest to appear. Never worked for me!

Daily Challenge - Finally! There are days I just don't want to sit and complete extremely long (relatively speaking) quest chains for a small chance of gaining something useful.

Self-Aid - Although I don't need happiness anymore, this MAY be interesting as long as this doesn't block ourselves to be aided by everyone else. Hardly, yes, but it's something to consider.

What I would really like to see regarding these kits is the ability to use them on already finished productions. Sometimes after the night cycle, I end up with finished productions with a couple of them non-motivated and I have to accept it, even though I have several kits in my Inventory. Not that I need the extra coins/supplies (since FPs buildings are motivated all the time anyway) but it's also something to consider — think about the workers in there celebrating a successfully ended production, without anyone severing a leg in the engines :D

City Rebuilder - Interesting for those who didn't plan their cities, players without a well-defined earthwork that simply throw buildings randomly and try to connect them somehow. My city had little changes since EMA, but that was the results of hard work, literally 10 (non-consecutive, of course) real-life hours of planning.

May I suggest a feature present in one of the non-official City Planners? To toggle graphics on and off, showing only a basic shape of the buildings, in a very distinguishable colour, with just their name and size. This was very useful to me when I was designing my own city to find hard-to-see unused tiles and thus enhancing the layout.

Last edited by a moderator: