• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Aid and imunity from attack.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I'm not dumping on how anyone plays the game, I just think that if someone is kind enough to provide aid it is wrong to attack them, which essentially it is.
Translation: "You can play the game how you want, but if you don't play it my way, then you're playing it WRONG!":?:?:rolleyes:

So, in your view, I should get completely screwed out of gaining a powerful event building, just because all my neighbours aid me?
Thanks, but that's so unkind of you!:P

Here's the thing...
In FoE, you have your entire guild (up to 80 players), AND, your Friends list (up to 141 players) to be 'nice' to and aid. You then have your neighbourhood of up to 80 additional players who you can PvP against or aid however you personally choose to do so.
It's not like those of us who enjoy a good scrap & maybe building up our Plunder Achievement medal are laying waste to 300 poor players a day & destroying every building in their cities... (hint: this is how most other PvP games actually work, so FoE is pretty tame overall!)

If PvP really isn't your thing & you hate the idea of ever being attacked, even if you regularly aid everyone in your 'hood, then please, go play Elvenar.
It's FoE with a fantasy bent, no PvP/'hood attacking, and is entirely 100% 'friendly only' city building.

But please stop trying to change the very basic nature of this game to suit your own opinion of how you choose to play the game.
Attacking others is a thing. Has been since day 1, and the devs have repeatedly shown almost 0 signs of wanting to nerf the PvP neighbourhood aspect, as many new GB's/event buildings + constant event quest requirements + achievements actively encourage you to at least occasionally attack people!

Greywolf

Sergeant
Well yes, but if someone provides aid for someone it does seem a tad unfair if the person who got the aid then attacks the giver, it's a bit like when someone donates in a charity box the collector smacks them in the face. LOL

Really? It's more like finding a stranger in your house polishing. Wouldn't you consider attacking that stranger?

In that line of thought it would make sense to attack anyone who polivates your city without permission.

DeletedUser96901

Really? It's more like finding a stranger in your house polishing. Wouldn't you consider attacking that stranger?

In that line of thought it would make sense to attack anyone who polivates your city without permission.
it is not a stranger: it is a neighbor

and if I find my neighbor doing my garden work I will thank him

What gives you the right to decide to aid me?
the game

DeletedUser112839

Judging by the way some have replied there seems to be so much pent up aggression issues, they just have to be in conflict all the time, I can almost imagine those people thumping the keyboard and stamping their feet with gritted teeth as they type their replies.

Crazy Biker

Chief Warrant Officer
Translation: "You can play the game how you want, but if you don't play it my way, then you're playing it WRONG!":?:?:rolleyes:

So, in your view, I should get completely screwed out of gaining a powerful event building, just because all my neighbours aid me?
Thanks, but that's so unkind of you!:P

Here's the thing...
In FoE, you have your entire guild (up to 80 players), AND, your Friends list (up to 141 players) to be 'nice' to and aid. You then have your neighbourhood of up to 80 additional players who you can PvP against or aid however you personally choose to do so.
It's not like those of us who enjoy a good scrap & maybe building up our Plunder Achievement medal are laying waste to 300 poor players a day & destroying every building in their cities... (hint: this is how most other PvP games actually work, so FoE is pretty tame overall!)

If PvP really isn't your thing & you hate the idea of ever being attacked, even if you regularly aid everyone in your 'hood, then please, go play Elvenar.
It's FoE with a fantasy bent, no PvP/'hood attacking, and is entirely 100% 'friendly only' city building.

But please stop trying to change the very basic nature of this game to suit your own opinion of how you choose to play the game.
Attacking others is a thing. Has been since day 1, and the devs have repeatedly shown almost 0 signs of wanting to nerf the PvP neighbourhood aspect, as many new GB's/event buildings + constant event quest requirements + achievements actively encourage you to at least occasionally attack people!

Well said

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Judging by the way some have replied there seems to be so much pent up aggression issues, they just have to be in conflict all the time, I can almost imagine those people thumping the keyboard and stamping their feet with gritted teeth as they type their replies.
Or just maybe, it's that we're just sick and tired of everyone who doesn't like the PvP/plunder aspect trying to tell us we're enjoying the game wrong & we should instead be playing according to your personal view?

DeletedUser112839

Or just maybe, it's that we're just sick and tired of everyone who doesn't like the PvP/plunder aspect trying to tell us we're enjoying the game wrong & we should instead be playing according to your personal view?
I'm no telling anyone how to play, I just suggested a function that could be added, I actually doubt it will be added so have no fear.

DeletedUser111002

Start over and don't research "PvP fights". You want to play only the non-confrontational parts of the game, there's not much left.

DeletedUser112839

Start over and don't research "PvP fights". You want to play only the non-confrontational parts of the game, there's not much left.
I'm very much a casual player anyway, I just play to waste a bit of time, just come on set up 24 hour productions on supplies and goods, do daily aid and tavern visits, a bit of research etc, other than that very much leave the game to run itself.

I do have to say that I find the reactions to this thread amusing.

DeletedUser111002

I would like to point out, although it may have been done before, that the strategy game genre is an intellectual entertainment genre. Very similar to "chess".

People who seek this type of game look for the intellectual challenge of finding the best strategy to "win" (which in this game can mean several things). For anyone to join the game and proclaim that they only want to casually play at it to waste a bit of time, is offensive to people who are keen to pit their best imagination and intelligence against other people's.

There are many "games" even in real life, where a casual style does not fit. Eg. holding a job, a family, any relationship, etc. It is insulting to those who offer to engage with you that you only want a superficial, casual involvement.

With that in mind, if being plundered drives you and other casual players out of the game, I fully support it. I, and am sure plenty others would like to play to the best of our intellectual abilities against each other, and people who want to play it casual only add noise.

On top of your expectation, you come and whine in the forum that you're entitled to play casually in an intellectual game. This is incredibly arrogant of you. If you had been quiet about it, clicking at your buttons, you would not get the blowback. But you had to open that door. Don't be surpised at the reaction from other players who are here to play good strategy, not waste a bit of time.

There are many games geared to wasting a bit of time, casually, out there. Candy Crush, Tetris, are two examples that immediately come to mind. Not every game is suitable for every game style.

Besides, this game takes so long to master and play well, it simply takes far more than a little bit of time. It takes a major investment of time, in fact. Keep in mind that when you whine about the game not being an easy casual game, you're whining at people who have commited to invest a lot of time to find a good intellectual stimulation in this strategy game.

Attempt to play "chess" casually moving some pieces around the board for a few minutes against another human being, and you will very quickly lose their respect, and not just for the game session, but probably for a long time after that.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I'm very much a casual player anyway, I just play to waste a bit of time, just come on set up 24 hour productions on supplies and goods, do daily aid and tavern visits, a bit of research etc, other than that very much leave the game to run itself.

I do have to say that I find the reactions to this thread amusing.
If you want a "casual" city builder, go play Elvenar...
no PvP element, no requirement to maintain a military outside of occasional event tasks, small (max 25 member) guilds, far fewer resources to manage...

It's as casual as city building can get outside of just playing SimCity w/disasters/random events turned off. -_-