• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Spring Event Feedback

AristoTheSly

Private
I have been a playing Forge of Empires for about a year now and have made several diamond purchases. I have gone through the different events and have cycled back to the Spring Event. I have completed quest 51/60 of the current Spring Event. You would think that by achieving this, thus far in the event, that one would receive more than one cherry blossom tree or more than 3 lanterns from cherry blossom trees after each quest is completed. I don't remember receiving so few cherry blossom trees in the last event and let alone the few amount of lanterns. This few amount of lanterns does not bode well when trying to open chests.

This is the second issue. So many lanterns required to open a chest and then the odds of getting a building from the Spring Event are near impossible. I actually bought 400 lanterns with diamonds to start and still ended up with 30min supply clock thing, rogues, champions, 2 forge points, etc. Being at quest 51/60, you would think I would have more than just 2 event buildings. That is it. It should not be based on some "random roll of the dice chance" to win something. If you achieve something, you win something.

Perhaps, making an event that just costs me supplies, goods, coins and forge points, and does not provide the event buildings at the end of the day is not worth participating in. It is actually a real turn off and I found myself yesterday looking at other games online. Being in the Modern Era, these events should be beneficial to the user when they participate in them. Instead, I have spent money and lost a ton of supplies, coins and goods with nothing to show for it. I won't be participating in future events if this is going to be the norm. I have more opportunity to gain ground and quality assets from participating in the Guild Expedition which I do complete level 3 every week and sometimes level 4.

Of course, this is my opinion, but, I know there are MANY others that have the same issues. Perhaps someone will take notice and make some changes to how events are run in the future.

Agent327

Overlord
Happen to notice the feedback thread that is about 8 pages long?

The number of lanterns you get from the trees is random.
The chance you have by opening a chest is shown to you.
If you do not think it is worth participating don't.

Anything else?

KenzVN

Private
I would just say please reduce the number of quests that asks us to acquire 1/2/3 sectors of the map by negotiating or fighting. I had so many of them during this event and daily quests, that I have explored the map way beyond my current age (Colonial). Then today again I got "acquire 3 sectors by negotiations" quest in daily challenge. After looking at the map I realized that I would need Industrial Age goods to acquire 1 sector. Upgrading a good is not easy from the market. So If i cant get the goods upgraded I will fail this daily challenge.
So I would just say kindly either remove this silly quest altogether or reduce its chances so low that it hardly appears. And It should never come up as acquiring more than one sector. If it is player's wish to the explore much further, it should be players choice.

DeletedUser113062

Why are we spreading the feedback? Anyways, my feedback on your feedback:

1 - I spend around 0 diamonds in events ever since I started playing (+- 9 months). Yet, I managed to obtain 9 SoKs in the Christmas event (yes, I skipped the event rewards because I CALCULATED that the odds were against me), lvl 7 PoH, lvl 7 Bridge, and 3 pieces already of this event, with 10 days to go. I am not lucky, the % is just adequate. My wife missed getting a lvl 7 bridge, but already got 5 pieces of this event. Such is life.

2 - When you say that by fulfilling many quests you are rewarded with nothing, that's not true. You will CERTAINLY win 2 pieces of this 5-piece set. Average odds for this quest will have you at earning another 4 pieces/upgrades. Yes, you may end up with 0, and others up with 9, and I certainly do not enjoy the lottery factor, but that is a matter of personal taste. Inno is rewarding the PLAYERS as a whole with 4 + 2 set pieces, which is more than last year, and certainly not a greedy move.

3 Now the fact that they prefer to do it lottery wise is that for them, as a company, feel that people are more likely to spend more on "chance" - that should be downright evident if they release the spendings, for example in events where you can get SoK as a % of a daily price or buying it directly, a lot more people would invest less diamonds in a chance for SoK than spending 2500 in a SoK - it is human psychology, nothing else. Inno needs to make money.

4 - You need to start realizing that perhaps your anger at this event is perhaps a broader sign of you being tired/bored with the game... Remember, DC were introduced at 0 costs for the player, and yet people found ways to complain about them

DeletedUser10851

I have been a playing Forge of Empires for about a year now and have made several diamond purchases. I have gone through the different events and have cycled back to the Spring Event. I have completed quest 51/60 of the current Spring Event. You would think that by achieving this, thus far in the event, that one would receive more than one cherry blossom tree or more than 3 lanterns from cherry blossom trees after each quest is completed. I don't remember receiving so few cherry blossom trees in the last event and let alone the few amount of lanterns. This few amount of lanterns does not bode well when trying to open chests.
I have been playing this FoE for around 4 years now. Events are not there for your gaming pleasure - they are there to try to get you to spend money on buying diamonds. It is as simple as that. These multi-buildings are designed to take up space - again to try to get you to spend diamond on opening expansions. If you question this, take a look at the top 10 ranked players in your world and see how many "event" buildings they have placed and what types they are. Very few are ever worth any expence.

Some events in the past where "fun" because the prizes were worthwhile and you had a dang great chance at "winning" with some work. because of the success of players doing events, FoE had changed them. Now you have stupid odds like getting a shore in a chest at 4% and junk at 35%. Tell me what your more likely to get. FoE is hoping that your the kind of player that will spend thousands in diamond to try to beat the odds. Most of their quests have gone this route so like Agent237 said:
If you do not think it is worth participating don't. Anything else?
And I don't. I am also a non cash player now because of some of the idiot so called enhancements the devs have installed that interfere in game play and take more work than what the original process was - plus the silly odds in events now. If I need a motivation kit I can get that be collecting those things that spawn around our city or do Guild Expedition instead of doing a bunch of quests for a chest that has something good at 5% and a Kit at 55%. No Thanks.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
4 - You need to start realizing that perhaps your anger at this event is perhaps a broader sign of you being tired/bored with the game... Remember, DC were introduced at 0 costs for the player, and yet people found ways to complain about them
People complain mostly about the "gain X sectors" quests, mostly because they don't listen to the many, many, many, many, M.A.N.Y repeated explainations of "don't scout/don't have any 'open' sectors on the world map"...:rolleyes:

We really need that one stickied at the point! ;)

dimondus

Captain
Simplest solution - skip the event. For example, if I see I'm close to the end of a tech tree for current age OR out of scouts in continent map OR have no space/time/effort I'll happily skip the event and come to the next event more prepared.
As for daily challenges - I ended my last challenge a long time ago (2 weeks after they were introduced) and have 0 regrets about that :)

p.s. though sakura set is too good to skip especially when you have a full set from the last year so mine is fully upgraded already (0 diamonds spent)

DeletedUser100674

Might I suggest an opt out button for those of us who are fed up to the back teeth with this endless cycle of tripe. They ceased being "events" a long long time ago.

DeletedUser10851

Might I suggest an opt out button for those of us who are fed up to the back teeth with this endless cycle of tripe. They ceased being "events" a long long time ago.
Ya - don't waste a second of thought about that, a few of us asked for that when they brought of that dang silly Treasure Hunt. "Their" reply was basically: So sad, Too bad, It's a permanent (so called) game Feature whether you like it or not, whether you use it or not and it will stay in your face.