• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guilds

DeletedUser2474

Just what is the point of being in a Guild. I am probably missing some thing. But if your a member of a Guild surely you should be able to trade cheaper:confused:

DeletedUser2974

First and foremost I think it’s to promote community. Guilds have a forum where you can talk about the game with other Guild members. This is a great way to spread your knowledge about the game or to gain some new knowledge you didn’t have before.

I think the main reason for Guild though will be implemented very soon. The FoE developers are hard at work on creating a trade system between Guild members. It’s scheduled to launch in world 1 today (June 27th) and is planned to hit the rest of the worlds 2, 3 and 4 next Monday (July 2nd). Once this is launched you will be able to trade with your Guild members. This will give you access to almost every resource you need in the game for a cheaper price than buying from merchants.

Also, I believe in that same game update on Monday the developers of FoE are making it possible to Support your Guild members. This means you will be supported by all of your guild members (up to 79 people) and will also be able to support those same people for the reward of +20 gold per person. That adds up if you do it 79 times! (If all of this is wrong let me know, and I will remove it.)

I hope this helped you see the value in Guilds. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Oh, another good thing about this update on Monday is the ability to view the Guild forums in a separate window. This will make game play and being active on the forums much easier. Just thought I would mention that.

~Ninga78234

Surge

Brigadier-General
Ninga, you did, however, missed the point of helping 79 people. While doing so nets you 1,580 gold, it is almost nothing when you are att he highest stage of the game. That is, LMA. You can check my Coin Guide for more details.

DeletedUser2974

Ninga, you did, however, missed the point of helping 79 people. While doing so nets you 1,580 gold, it is almost nothing when you are att he highest stage of the game. That is, LMA. You can check my Coin Guide for more details.

I guess that's true... I still find it useful because I haven't gotten to the highest point in the game yet. But for those who are in Cirgard it will be useful, and for those players who are new in world two and four. Plus if you're just bored in the game at any given moment you could do it just to get some extra coins for the heck of it. It's all just up to the person if it's worth it or not. :)

Belcher

Corporal
Is there a guide for Guild Founders explaining what privileges each of the buttons gives members? For example, "Trusted", "Notifier", etc?

DeletedUser5355

How do you create a guild forum?

How do you open a guild forum? I have permissions, but don't see where to create a forum or forum tabs?

DeletedUser

If you click on the global tab at the bottom left on your screen, then click your guild, there should be a pop-up window from your guild, and it should open on the guild profile tab. At the bottom left there's an orange tab called guild forum, click that. It should open the forums. If you have the permissions, you should see then a blue tab at the bottom right, called administrator: this one allows you to make new forum sections :).

Hope that makes it clear ;)

DeletedUser1094

Is there a guide for Guild Founders explaining what privileges each of the buttons gives members? For example, "Trusted", "Notifier", etc?

I don't think so... but here's a quicky :

1) Notifier = Allows the members to write "Guild-messages" to all guild-members in one go.
2) Trusted = Allows the members access to "hidden" Guild-forum tabs. (NOTE : Does NOT work, unless for Guild-Leaders)
3) Inviter = Allows the members to Invite other players into the guild.
4) Moderator = Allows the members to Moderate the Guild-forum.
5) Leader = All above + authorization to change the Guild-members status and the Guild-profile.
6) Founder = All above + authorization to Dissolve the Guild.

DeletedUser

Thank you King Dael!

Have to amend 2) though:
I've been trying this out recently, and apparently it does work as intended now :), if not, please let me know ^^
and 6) as a leader, I had the "dissolve" button as well, never tried it though as I didn't want to ruin something, so not sure if it would've stopped me if I had accidentally hit it :)

DeletedUser5355

If you click on the global tab at the bottom left on your screen, then click your guild, there should be a pop-up window from your guild, and it should open on the guild profile tab. At the bottom left there's an orange tab called guild forum, click that. It should open the forums. If you have the permissions, you should see then a blue tab at the bottom right, called administrator: this one allows you to make new forum sections :).

Hi Pendragon. Your instructions were perfect, (except its an orange button for opening the forum) but there is no blue tab when I click on it. Only a msg saying no forums have been created.
There IS an administration tab, in the upper right corner of the Guild popup window, and I have all permissions, but I see nothing there for starting a forum.
Help anyone? All my guildies can't talk to each other.

DeletedUser

Once you open your forum, you should see a blue button on the bottom right, as Pendragon said. If you do not see that, you probably don't have the required permissions.
Example of how the screen should look can be viewed here.

Once you are in the admin screen, you can create a forum using an orange button on the bottom, by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5355

Great post, Slygoxx. It leaves no question that I do not see the needed button.
But my guildmaster believes he has given me all permissions. And when I look at the guild membership, I can see all the options, like leader, etc.
I am listed as a moderator, and two others, but we can't get a forum going. :-P
What are we missing?

DeletedUser

The moderator permission does not allow you to make forums, or anything. You will have to have leader rights, or founder rights to be able to create forums in your guild forums.

DeletedUser5355

Whoots! That did it. Thanks from all my chatting guildies.

DeletedUser1094

No that link is no longer active. (...it's only accessible by the Admins)