• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

FOE City Planner

Cambyses II

Sergeant
Has anyone any more news on the future of the City Planner. The last I heard was that due to lack of voluntary donations from April there may well be a compulsory charge. The figures discussed were horrendous, $1900/year or $220 a month. My car payments barely amount to that. If it happens I will have to do without it's services. Shame it is an excellent tool and I will be lost without it.
Does anyone know of an alternative site that could be used or some kind of App? I read somewhere that you can use Excel. I use the
Apache spread sheet which emulates Excel but can see no practical way to adapt to provide a planning tool.
Most drawing packages only provide a square grid so although the buildings can be imported there is no map to put them on.
I just hope they change their mind.

4 Place Layout Plan.jpg

Agent327

Overlord
You can use graph paper and a pencil.

You can also use the forum search function and tghe words "city planner. Then you know as much as we do.

Cambyses II

Sergeant
I'm sorry to be so dumb but we are in the General Communication thread and at the top right is a button for quick navigation and I don't see a search facility in there.

DeletedUser109674

Has anyone any more news on the future of the City Planner. The last I heard was that due to lack of voluntary donations from April there may well be a compulsory charge. The figures discussed were horrendous, $1900/year or $220 a month. My car payments barely amount to that. If it happens I will have to do without it's services. Shame it is an excellent tool and I will be lost without it.
Does anyone know of an alternative site that could be used or some kind of App? I read somewhere that you can use Excel. I use the
Apache spread sheet which emulates Excel but can see no practical way to adapt to provide a planning tool.
Most drawing packages only provide a square grid so although the buildings can be imported there is no map to put them on.
I just hope they change their mind.

View attachment 14876
How many people are using your car? City planner has around 11000 users per month who visit the site multiple times. More better comparison probably would be something like that. One day you decided just to share your car with say 100 people. You just said - come on people, go, take it when you need. You are doing it for 2 years. Then you see, that this stuff is popular, more people want to come and take it for free. So, you understood that you need a better car, more like the whole bus already, because people are starting to stand in the queue. But for whatever reasons your funds are limited now, and even old car takes some money. Then you just say - guys, maybe somebody has few extra dollars, you can donate. If not, that's also OK.
There is one key problem in this example - your car is still your property. I am not going to buy something for myself. I just said - people, you are enjoying the tool, right, then you also need to participate. But this participation is absolutely optional.
=)

DeletedUser109674

So far, people are donating, not many people, but I am happy. My first goal is to gather enough for 1 year for some the very minimum server config, which will allow the tool to be live, even with lowest speed (say old car from my example). Next goal to gather for the "bus".

DeletedUser109674

The last I heard was that due to lack of voluntary donations from April there may well be a compulsory charge.

Oh, the planner is already so popular that even rumors exist :lol::lol::lol:

There is only one official source of the information - http://foemanager.com/ with its forum at http://foemanager.com/community/ If you ever see some info that looks strange, or that you do not like, ask for the reference to the info. So far, I am always posting all important things on that forum.

And to answer that question - no, there are no plans to introduce compulsory charge for using City Planner.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112545

I am fairly new, and wondered if there were threads about the company that makes FOE rejecting any chance of an in-game city design function? I used to play Calsh if Clans, and it was fantastic when they brought in a map-mode allowing the player to mive every building into storage to then completely redesign any time they wanted. I imagine this has been suggested, what was the result?
Cheers,
Twombly

Laobhan

Private
Ok so I use the city planner, but there are some people who cannot pay for this, so why not bring in a tiered system, whereby there is a basic city planner for people who cannot afford to pay and a better one for those that can, btw, I have been out of the game for 2.5 years and just started back so but i think the planner is a good tool and well we pay for most software that we use.

Agent327

Overlord
Ok so I use the city planner, but there are some people who cannot pay for this, so why not bring in a tiered system, whereby there is a basic city planner for people who cannot afford to pay and a better one for those that can, btw, I have been out of the game for 2.5 years and just started back so but i think the planner is a good tool and well we pay for most software that we use.

Inno has nothing to do withj the city planner. Players can use reconstruction mode.

Emberguard

Legend
How many people are using your car? City planner has around 11000 users per month who visit the site multiple times. More better comparison probably would be something like that. One day you decided just to share your car with say 100 people. You just said - come on people, go, take it when you need. You are doing it for 2 years. Then you see, that this stuff is popular, more people want to come and take it for free. So, you understood that you need a better car, more like the whole bus already, because people are starting to stand in the queue. But for whatever reasons your funds are limited now, and even old car takes some money. Then you just say - guys, maybe somebody has few extra dollars, you can donate. If not, that's also OK.
There is one key problem in this example - your car is still your property. I am not going to buy something for myself. I just said - people, you are enjoying the tool, right, then you also need to participate. But this participation is absolutely optional.
=)
So far, people are donating, not many people, but I am happy. My first goal is to gather enough for 1 year for some the very minimum server config, which will allow the tool to be live, even with lowest speed (say old car from my example). Next goal to gather for the "bus".
Awesome :)

Working more on your analogy, what if the car still works on your end but the industry has new standards that make your car unable to be allowed on the roads? (Like the emission tests in some countries. Too high and you legally can't drive it even if it were in perfectly functional capacity everywhere else).

Have you looked into the whole flash going out of service in 2020? Or do you use a different code already?

Galladhorn

Monarch
Showing the capity to make both the City Planners are in any case a pretty cool deed – Having the idea and going for it. Perhaps the fact that FoE is a Free to Play Game makes it harder to get funding for a third party product. I would love to see the idea of sharing Cities – That is fun for City Builders, and puzzle brains and can also be helpful for guild members (Particular those that get very active fast). Also I really like the new Flat Blue View - Really taking advantage of the Flash format, will be doable in HTML5. I wonder did Inno Ever contact you or did you contact them?.

DeletedUser109674

Awesome :)

Working more on your analogy, what if the car still works on your end but the industry has new standards that make your car unable to be allowed on the roads? (Like the emission tests in some countries. Too high and you legally can't drive it even if it were in perfectly functional capacity everywhere else).

Have you looked into the whole flash going out of service in 2020? Or do you use a different code already?
That will happen at the end on 2020, still 2 years. Also, I am thinking of making mobile version, but that will happen if I find enough time and money for that.

DeletedUser109674

Showing the capity to make both the City Planners are in any case a pretty cool deed – Having the idea and going for it. Perhaps the fact that FoE is a Free to Play Game makes it harder to get funding for a third party product. I would love to see the idea of sharing Cities – That is fun for City Builders, and puzzle brains and can also be helpful for guild members (Particular those that get very active fast). Also I really like the new Flat Blue View - Really taking advantage of the Flash format, will be doable in HTML5. I wonder did Inno Ever contact you or did you contact them?.
If you were talking about sharing cities inside City planner - that functionality has been around for quite a long time already.
As to contacts with Innogames. Obviously, we had contacted - Innogames have to approve such tools before somebody can release them. If you are asking about any kind of funding from their side - no, they are not funding the project. So far, it has been funded by some people and me.

DeletedUser96901

would be great to import beta cities

I know some buildings would be missing but better than starting from scratch