• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Carnival Event 2018

Grof Z

Corporal
Order in which some quests are presented SUCK big time …
So atm I don’t have any land scouted … but 1st quest in line is "Infiltrate 2 sectors" … and later on U get "Scout a province” quest …
so I need to scout first / then do “infiltrate” quests … and ONCE again scout new land …

So maybe next time U switch up order U present quests ..
First "Scout a province OR Donate some goods to your Guild Treasury"
and then "Infiltrate 2 sectors" or "Acquire 2 sectors without fighting" ….

So we don’t find ourselves in problem like this

DeletedUser112429

Hahaha half of you don't even comprehend what gambling is. A 10% chance doesn't mean you will without a doubt get it once every 10 turns. The gamble only lasts 1 turn as do the odds. 1/10 chance of getting it means you could miss it 100 times, whilst someone could walk up and hit it 10 times in a row.

Besides, just because the event is crap doesn't mean you can't take advantage of it, I spent around 4000 florins on the medal prize when it was up and got 2 expansions out of it. At least they have an event, something that mixes it up a bit. Better than naught all.

DeletedUser112444

Funny how people who don't want to play the event feel the need to tell it everyone.

Like we care.
Haha...too funny. I've always considered myself as a 'glass half full' kind of bloke. Hell, I was just happy to be able to cash in for some easy medals the other day. And when I tried to open chests, twice I got 20FP. Anything free can't be all that bad can it? So turn those frowns upside down. Game on mates...cheers! :)

DeletedUser6065

Order in which some quests are presented SUCK big time …
So atm I don’t have any land scouted … but 1st quest in line is "Infiltrate 2 sectors" … and later on U get "Scout a province” quest …
so I need to scout first / then do “infiltrate” quests … and ONCE again scout new land …

So maybe next time U switch up order U present quests ..
First "Scout a province OR Donate some goods to your Guild Treasury"
and then "Infiltrate 2 sectors" or "Acquire 2 sectors without fighting" ….

So we don’t find ourselves in problem like this
Sorry, but this was brought up in the VERY FIRST event 5 years ago (Halloween for those not here).
Also, periodically during various succeeding events.
As you can see, it has done no good.
Never does.
Production crew pretty much has their heads jammed up their rear ends. No other theory.
. . . mk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110635

Carnival Fever Chest Problem? I played the game like 5 times in both Brisgard and Houndsmood and each time I go the Boost Crate which is a 30% chance. What is going on is that random selection broken?

mariust5

Corporal
I got the worst dealt blow today on A world .. going for Bridge Upgrade , had 6 goes on the chest , guess what .. 3 Reno kits and 3 Canals .. lucky i didn't buy any Diamonds eh ...

DeletedUser109966

The Carnival has been going for a week and just 3 pages of comments in the forum. Wonder why it is drumming up so little interest ?... rhetorical.

Dead-Eye

General
Carnival has been OK so far. I have managed a few Sok's and reno kits, A couple upgrades for my bridge and more canals than I would like to think of. Gondola Dock Market comes in a few days, better than the MB IMHO. It;s all good. And the posters bitchin and moaning are good for a bit of entertainment too.

dimondus

Captain
I know. What I'm about to say has been said for years, will be ignored, and really doesn't address the REAL topic that numerous posters across numerous sites on the InterWebs love to whine, have cheese with their whine, and be seen enjoying their whine (the Elf included of course). But I'm going to say it anyway...

If you -- [please choose no more than 3 (three) items]:

d. -- believe that "gambling" is immoral and are offended by this event;

Elf.
I don't mind paying when I know what I'm getting but "loot crates" - no thanks. If they said 5$ for level 7 bridge - that is OK and I'd even consider buying one.
But when its behind loot crates that cost 3000-4000 diamonds to open (50$)...

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I got the worst dealt blow today on A world .. going for Bridge Upgrade , had 6 goes on the chest , guess what .. 3 Reno kits and 3 Canals .. lucky i didn't buy any Diamonds eh ...
I see posts like this, and then realise that most people apparently don't understand how probability actually works.:rolleyes:

Remember:
When doubling the 15% ticket game to 30%, that still means that you can potentially require 10-11 tickets to guarantee the desired result!!
With only a 15% chance on the upgrade item, you'll need considerably more rolls to ensure you get an upgrade.
AND
As with all RNG's & probabilities in general, there is ALWAYS a roughly .1-1% chance to "get RNG screwed" and still get nothing at all.

Overall though, the Lv7 Grand Bridge is really just a Lv.7 PoH 'light'... Basically the same payout when motivated, but for 12 squares vs. 9, which makes it slightly less efficient.

IMHO, it's not worth jumping through hoops/spending diamonds and/or chewing up map provinces (especially if you're already an age or three ahead), when the Spring event's rewards are going to be so much better! (if the rumored Lv2 Cherry Garden stats are indeed true!;))