• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Daily Challenges

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

DeletedUser111589

If you're burning through map provinces/sectors for DC's, then I'm sorry but, you're doing it wrong. :P

The secret to success in DC's is to simply always IGNORE any day when it demands you claim sectors, UNLESS it coincides with an event quest. (and won't complete the province itself!;) )
Who cares about the -1 to your challenger's chest? That should always be viewed as an occasional happy bonus, vs. the actual target...
And yeah, it might suck to pass up on a set-piece chest, but in the long run, it's far more viable to miss out on a possible reward vs. utterly screwing yourself over by massively over-reaching on the campaign map!!

As for the pay-outs? It evens out over a longer period of time...
Back in the middle of Jan through early Feb, I was scoring Shrines, a couple of the Cherry Garden set pieces, a Maharaja's Palace, and a Champ's retreat!
The past couple weeks though? My chest choices have been mostly garbage, but I've still scored a Champ's Retreat & 100fps from the 'researcher's chest'!

Or simply don't scout any new provinces and obtain currently opened ones. Unless event requires new provinces. Problem solved at less cost ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DeletedUser15986

my Arc donates more than 1000 OF goods every day in the treasury

why must I donate 150 goods for the DC ?

That "challenge" pretty much guarantees I skip the day. Every guild I'm in, on every world I play, has thousands upon thousands of AF/OF goods setting in the treasury doing absolutely bugger all. (My one-man guild actually has 30k of them.)

I don't mind challenges - Hell, I even do the Forge Of Blacksmiths repeat productions most times - but I'm not interested in stupid wastefulness like that.

Agent327

Overlord
That "challenge" pretty much guarantees I skip the day. Every guild I'm in, on every world I play, has thousands upon thousands of AF/OF goods setting in the treasury doing absolutely bugger all. (My one-man guild actually has 30k of them.)

I don't mind challenges - Hell, I even do the Forge Of Blacksmiths repeat productions most times - but I'm not interested in stupid wastefulness like that.

It is a total waste, but on the other hand, I have so many OF goods I can do nothing with that wasting it on this isn't really a waste.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Has anyone had a Cider Mill themed chest yet?
IIRC, lurking about the beta forums, they've had it crop up from time to time?

Would also love to see a Halloween themed chest now too, with a chance for another few Graveyard upgrades! ;)

DeletedUser111866

Really, they have cider mill chests in beta? Niiice :) No, this chest didn't make its way to live servers yet.

DeletedUser112027

Would also love to see a Halloween themed chest now too, with a chance for another few Graveyard upgrades! ;)

Oh yeah. As a newish player on FoE I would just adore having a chance at some of the specials from before the Time of the Elf.

And yes. I used the word "adore." :)

DeletedUser96901

I would love that the Graveyard becomes special again

1 level per year to show how long players are playing

not an easy ripoff where players get in one year where other needed 3 years in the past

I needed 7 halloweens to get my graveyard to the biggest version (= 7)

how fast would you like to achieve the same ?

with those upgrades InnoGames is screwing the people who deserve to have their graveyard at level 7

DeletedUser106696

with those upgrades InnoGames is screwing the people who deserve to have their graveyard at level 7

Hmmm, that a bit like saying that people shouldn't have central heating just because their granddad had to put up with a couple of coal-fired fireplaces...

Times have moved on... in the olden days no one would have made several hundred FPs a day, yet I rarely see complaints about that one :P

DeletedUser96901

Hmmm, that a bit like saying that people shouldn't have central heating just because their granddad had to put up with a couple of coal-fired fireplaces...
no it is
you don't deserve the 25 years working award in your job for working 1 year there

:rolleyes:

the highest graveyard was 6 years long that award:
well done you have it because you play so long

now you guys want to convert that high status to nothing
hey everyone can get it in a few month

but your granddad maybe has that 25 years working in the same company award unlike you

Times have moved on
and old game concepts are thrown into the trash

long time playing rewards. one upgrade per event.
level 5 graveyard = have done the halloween event 5 times

nowadays you get 5 pillars and 6 upgrades for each in one event
and if you missed one upgrade you get it

and that development is really disappointing

in the olden days no one would have made several hundred FPs a day
nobody needed those FP there

the game ended after late middle age and GB came out years later

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent327

Overlord

not an easy ripoff where players get in one year where other needed 3 years in the past

Nothing is special anymore. My Necropolis is in my inventory cause I do not need the happiness. With the current event you can win a Zanni Mask, for being the best in your neighbourhood. Another item for your inventory. Hardly anyone os placing decorations since the aid button is here.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General

I needed 7 halloweens to get my graveyard to the biggest version (= 7)

how fast would you like to achieve the same ?

Nice elitist attitude there...

No, I don't think getting a Lv6 or Lv7 graveyard should be easy... but c'mon, if you're going to ***** about something, at least whine about something more relevant than a heap of culture almost no one will ever even bother using.:rolleyes:

You can't honestly think there's anything insulting with us getting a Halloween themed chest, that gives say;
5% Mad Scientist Lab
10% Graveyard
25% Graveyard Upgrade
30% Haunted House
30% 10fps
Heck, you could even remove the Mad Scientist's Lab all together, and put the fp's at 35%, just so that the MSL remains a trophy that only the "old school" players will ever have.

Oh my god, that will totally be a MASSIVE 'gak-you' to all the old school players, won't it?!
A whopping 25% chance at getting an upgrade - all those rotten, fun wrecking noobs will be effortlessly planting their shiny new Lv7 Necropolis within 3 weeks top!:P

Personally, I've completed 4 'May Day' themed chests, and you know what I've gotten thus far?
Fp's... that's it - no upgrades, no additional Maypole, just the very common fp's.

And don't forget, adding in the themed chests for Halloween, Fall/Cider Mill & the Xmas stuff will also work to make everything in general more uncommon, since it means you'll now have lower odds of landing a juicy themed chest, vs. the common muck of medal packages, res/production buildings, boost chests, 5 random troops, etc...
If anything, long time players should want the other seasonal chests to come out ASAP, as it will reduce the overall ability to earn ALL the good stuff!

DeletedUser96901

Nice elitist attitude there...
comes from someone who wants to take easy shortcuts

a 6 years achievement takes 6 years
you want it faster

but c'mon, if you're going to ***** about something, at least whine about something more relevant
more relevant than a building that says:
congrats you played all events ever (Halloween 2012 was the first)

at least whine about something more relevant than a heap of culture almost no one will ever even bother using
you bother not getting it :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

LadyHecate

Major-General
You can't honestly think there's anything insulting with us getting a Halloween themed chest, that gives say;
5% Mad Scientist Lab
10% Graveyard
25% Graveyard Upgrade
30% Haunted House
30% 10fps
Nice idea but you'd be more likely to see a JackOLantern, Scarecrow or HauntedTower in the list than a MSL. If Inno put the MSL in the list you would just get players wanting a Black Tower instead!

DeletedUser111866

I'd advise a 5% MSL, 5% Black tower, 5% graveyard, 15% graveyard upgrade, rest assorted decos/haunted at 10%, rest 10FP if there would be anything left.

Dead-Eye

General
Not much difference compared to a palace. Plus, having 10 of em in my city would look way cool. That said, it was a Halloween special and should only be available at Halloween. Just like upgrades.

DeletedUser111866

But with a Palace you need all the supporting Set pieces too to make it effective.
Well, a full Palace set is 8x4 (one, four-pack is smaller) and provides 5FP in palace and one elsewhere IIRC, BT is a 4x5 and provides 3FP if motivated. The main profit from BT I think is BATS! BATS BATS BATS!!!
G_TkBGaO.jpg

3FP is just icing on the cake. 5 goods are breadcrumbs over icing. :)

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Not much difference compared to a palace. Plus, having 10 of em in my city would look way cool. That said, it was a Halloween special and should only be available at Halloween. Just like upgrades.
Palaces can always be plundered though, unlike the BT which is plunder-proof... That alone makes the BT much more powerful, especially in the hands of browser-only players. ;)
Besides, if the Spring event spoilers are anything to go by, we're potentially going to get a Lv2 upgrade to our Palace sets this summer, which will then make them even more tempting a target for plunderers! (and maybe even shift more players to become active plunderers!?)

As for the upgrades, I'd still like to see them make it into the DC chests, as long as the odds of getting them are rare!!
40-50%+ would make things a complete joke, but I hardly see it as 'kicking old school players in the junk', if we get them at a 20-25% chance at 1 upgrade, that maaaaaaaaybe shows up in a DC chest around once/month or so.
At those odds, you'd actually have to be lucky to get more than 1 upgrade!