• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Forge Bowl

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

Munzekonza

Master Corporal
Hey folks! Certain posts in this thread have been deleted or edited because they were spreading false information about the upcoming Forge Bowl event, in response to a genuine question from a player. Please remember that new (and not so new!) players rely on information from other more advanced/experienced players posted on this forum. There is a time and a place for jokes and hoaxes, but this is not it. Please think before you post - if you cannot give a straight / sensible / helpful answer to a straight question, it is better not to reply at all :)

You deleted all posts after those posts which were jokes and hoax, even the ones which were discussion on one player's suggestion. And suggestion was that FoE team should include expansions as reward in future events, but some were against it.

DeletedUser4727

You deleted all posts after those posts which were jokes and hoax, even the ones which were discussion on one player's suggestion. And suggestion was that FoE team should include expansions as reward in future events, but some were against it.
Nope, only posts discussing the false narrative were deleted, and these only included comments on this false narrative.

Thanks to Amy Steele for clearing up this thread. :)

Amy Steele

General
Any replies from the mods/admins about the chances of the event buildings being downgraded?

As far as I am aware, the values that the buildings have on beta now, are the values they will have here. That said, things can always change between beta and live, so I cannot state with 100% certainty that there will be no further changes.

DeletedUser16112

As far as I am aware, the values that the buildings have on beta now, are the values they will have here. That said, things can always change between beta and live, so I cannot state with 100% certainty that there will be no further changes.

I wonder what the motivation is. For example in Arctic Future:

* Checkmate square is 9% for 9 squares
* Speaker's Corner is 9% for 9 squares
* 2 Halmbock is 8% for 8+ squares and you get useful stuff from the other parts

Compare that to

* Winners Plaza 4% for 9 squares

That's a rather drastic reduction. Is it because it is possible to "too many" of these (for any given metric of "too many"), especially for big spenders?

And the secondary bonus is happiness. :(

4% would be perfectly fine if it produced something actually useful in a fair amount, or had some other nice bonus.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
I wonder what the motivation is. For example in Arctic Future:

* Checkmate square is 9% for 9 squares
* Speaker's Corner is 9% for 9 squares
* 2 Halmbock is 8% for 8+ squares and you get useful stuff from the other parts

Compare that to

That's a rather drastic reduction. Is it because it is possible to "too many" of these (for any given metric of "too many"), especially for big spenders?

And the secondary bonus is happiness. :(

4% would be perfectly fine if it produced something actually useful in a fair amount, or had some other nice bonus.
Reading through the posts regarding the nerf on Beta, some players apparently ended up with 10-12 Winner's Plazas in their cities... (ie: they for some reason, spent hideous amounts of money on the friggin' beta server?!lol)

So yes, it seems like the nerf batting is indeed due to the ability for players to simply spend $100-200+ and effectively buy 50-100% attack boosts...

All the other buildings that give atk% boost thus far, are either;
a) really big & pop-intensive military buildings that iirc, all require 2-lane roads... so while spammable, it's not exactly smart city design? (exception being event-linked Drummer's Camp)
b) 1-shot event buildings that can't gain multiples (checkmate square, speaker's corner)
c) part of a set-building series, meaning to get full value you need '+X' additional buildings, AND, space for all of them, AND THEN, multiples of each to grow further a bonus. (so again, space-intensive & really hard to gain multiples of multiple buildings!;) )

Honestly, I think it's a good move by Inno to nerf the Winner's Plaza...
Attacking player (especially on PvP) already has a massive advantage vs. the idiotic AI, even if players can boost their defense to 300% and higher...
Plus you have additional attack-friendly GB's like Kraken, AO, Voyager, etc...

Give a readily buyable & space-friendly boost, and the only thing that would happen is to see the forums drown in moaning over plundering & the bullies who do so.:rolleyes:

vikingraider

Emperor
The point is people paid money for something, then what they thought they’d bought was changed after. And no offer of a refund. It doesn’t tempt you to spend any money, does it?

Agent327

Overlord

From the daily changelogs on the beta forum

The attack boost of the Winners' Plaza building was adjusted. As the Forge Bowl event will give out potentially more Plazas than in the initial balancing, also the boost needed a change.

DeletedUser109832

I've just read that the "Daily Quest" for this even will only become available once all of the initial 20 quests are complete... correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound like a "Daily" anything. Regardless of the fact that these will stack up, in order to be daily, we would have to complete the initial 20 quests in a single day.

Given the fact that the iPad message system has not worked properly for months, with no fix imminent, and a lot of the comments here, I think Inno have really lost focus on this game. Now it's all about keeping us in each session longer and longer, and pressuring us into spending more and more diamonds if we want to advance or take part with our groups.

Come on Inno, you used to be better than this!

DeletedUser111866

Do we really need the big flashy finger pointing at the Forge Bowl icon every time we log in?
This thing goes away once you advance first time (apparently). But, no reason to actually advance until pillar upgrade on daily special.

DeletedUser

The point is people paid money for something, then what they thought they’d bought was changed after. And no offer of a refund. It doesn’t tempt you to spend any money, does it?
But people playing on beta should know that the server's main purpose is testing. They should expect things to be changed.

Agent327

Overlord
I've just read that the "Daily Quest" for this even will only become available once all of the initial 20 quests are complete... correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't sound like a "Daily" anything. Regardless of the fact that these will stack up, in order to be daily, we would have to complete the initial 20 quests in a single day.

Huh??? I don't think you understand. You can also do the first 20 in 19 days and the last 20 in a day. Once you catch up the quests become "daily". You can't rush to the end.

Given the fact that the iPad message system has not worked properly for months, with no fix imminent, and a lot of the comments here, I think Inno have really lost focus on this game. Now it's all about keeping us in each session longer and longer, and pressuring us into spending more and more diamonds if we want to advance or take part with our groups.

I have no problem with the iPad message system. Sure it isn't you?

DeletedUser16112

Honestly, I think it's a good move by Inno to nerf the Winner's Plaza...

Like I said, I'd be fine with the nerf if they made the plaza worth its size some other way, like producing something interesting or boosting something else.

I have 15% att. boost from Cherry set and 12% from Christmas set, no diamonds. And sure the sets are space intensive, but all that "wasted space" produces forge points, medals, goods, gold, supplies and gives a defense boost as well. Hardly "wasted" in my mind. I'm sure someone willing to spend hundreds of dollars could reach 50%+ attack boost that way too.