• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

City Shield Info

• Thread starter DeletedUser102273
  • Start date

DeletedUser102273

Not sure if this has been raised or considered (can't see it in the threads).
My idea is that whenever anybody deploys the City Shield option from the Tavern, each time it successfully repels an attack, this is recorded in the event history.
Most players will utilise this when they are constantly being raided by one or several players and currently, there is no way of knowing how successful it was and whether the cost was worth it.
Should be simple enough to implerment.

DeletedUser111866

Hmm, isn't city shield a mere attack prevention? Or does it eat up offending units?

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
Hmm, isn't city shield a mere attack prevention? Or does it eat up offending units?

Just attack prevention, maybe something like so-so was prevented from attacking in the event history will be nice to have feature. This way the player can figure out if he really needs a shield.

DeletedUser

I thought you couldn't even try to attack somebody with a city shield.

DeletedUser111866

Yep, in this case +1, I'd like to see a message like "PlayerX tried to attack you but was stopped by a city shield" with a shield icon.

DeletedUser96901

Hehe, no :P you click attack, you hit city shield, wait a day before trying again :D
I can click on the swords as often as I want when a city shield is active

so: yes

each time it successfully repels an attack
and actually if we are 100% accurate: an attack is never repelled

because an attack would be if a player clicks attack in the open army management after clicking the swords

but the city shield already prevents opening the army management with the attack button

so to be 100% accurate:
the city shield already prevents to open the attack army management

and so I don't have a 24 hour waiting time for the next try on the city shield
(I often aid if the city shield is longer than 24 hours because if I cant attack at least I want my chance of 20 goods for aiding because of my Seed Vault. once I even got 50 diamonds thanks to a city shield of a neighbor. which I never got without his city shield)

:P

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111866

In this case, the city shield mechanics might be changed to actually let you attack, then generate a defeat. This will make your life even harder if you have a DC without losses active. :)