• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New space, new opportunities, less limits and easier managements for servers...

Do you want more space to build new buildings, without changing the game principle?

• Total voters

DeletedUser112465

Proposition sent to FoE developers team on January 12th, 2018 :

Many players complaints on the forum about lack of space to use nice buildings... You create and improve (which is very nice) lot of them in new Event Quests. The Guild Expedition, for those who take part, changed lot of things in FoE, you should take this in account, to propose more pleasure, so more efficiency in what is done, including for buying what pays your work (diamonds, packages, ...).

I propose opening quite each month, for each player, a new area, named "extension village" like a summer camp, to have more opportunities to choose which buildings they want, and where they want them, to develop a better strategy in the game! The first extension should be accessible very quickly in the game, in Early Middle Age would be the best (not chaning the begining of the game : Stone Age and Iron Age, but giving new players on ancient worlds to progress quicker throughout Middle Ages and after to be able to compete with much bigger players...

This extension should be earned, as you did for the Towers, so for example for the first Summer Village or Extension Village accessible from Early Middle Age and all above, on the Bronze Age to Colonial Age Continental Map, in Early Middle Age in East-Nagash :

upload_2018-1-13_0-4-25.png

(this is an illustration, not realized yet by the FoE development team, this is a proposition to improve the game efficiency, whouch should be better than this image...)

Add a panel allowing to access to the player's new "city" with construction menu and inventory icon (nothing else) and a road coming from the city, allowing to construct a new village, with unused buildings received from the main city... The member is free to choose what he wants to place there or anywhere in any of his villages... So creating many accounts will be totally unuseful! This will allow those who have the stupid habit to stay in very low Age to keep any Low Era's buildings, to keep them there in an extension village, without totally blocking them to progress further! The extension village should be accessible from one Era, but all buildings from the Era of the player and under can be constructed, all evolutions and researches and extensions are the same than in the main city! It does improve the efficiency and profitability of extensions and good decisions of each player, and errors have larger consequences. The waste of space in the main city, will of course be the same and even more in other villages of the player, who will notice easily his mistakes and will be, before Modern Era, to correct his wastings and benefit better of the game (= leading to customer loyalty...). Deletion will have more consequences, and keeping old bad buildings such as keeping Tower of Babel will have more consequences to the player! To move one building from one village to another or to the main city or from the main city, will request to put it back in the inventory (using a "store building" unit)...

From the main city (normal city of the player) when one city is accessed for the first time, a road or a bridge should appear allowing to jump from the main city to the extension village... The Early Middle Age extension village should be accessible by a way passing close to the Friends Tavern and going up to Northern...

upload_2018-1-13_1-17-17.png

(quickly done and unifnished illustration... This is for Early Middle Age Era up to Modern Era, after this way should just go to the Friends tavern and an highway (two way road) should be build on the right as illustrated after... (the tavern illustrated there is fully unconvenient for this illustration, sorry!)... This is just a proposition, not the reality, it need to be done and improved!

It is a small way, as Early Middle Age way... Clicking on it reload the other city (extension village) who do not have a city center, but who could have a Provincial admionistration building and a road coming from the South... No lake, but lot of mountains all around the Early Middle Age extension village (with snow on summits). The buildable area need to have exacly the same shape than the main city, unconstructible areas are unconstructlble there too and extensions are placed exactly the same way than in the main city (same ones, nothing else need to be done to benefit of all other extensions put in the main city!)... They are not more expensive, they are just more benefitable to the player, alowing him to spend more for other things... For higher Eras, if only 2 extension villages are done I suggest doing one in Contemporary Era, but if 3 are done I suggest making them accessible from Modern Era on and from The Future Era on... The Modern/Contemporary Era building, should have desert around the village... And the Future extension village should have water all around it and in it.. making it ready for the Oceanic Future Era... but of course it will be frozen in the Arctic Future... Your graphists will have fun, doing few things, few changes, with lot of efficiency for all players! This offer new opportunities without having to jump into the future too quickly...The road coming from the main city need to be connected to any building which needs connection... It is eactly the same than in the main city, except that the main building is abroad... In higher Era's extension villages, there is a two way road/bridge which will appear on the main city allowing connection to the new extension village!

In each village satisfaction is calculated idependantly... Only main city buildings can be motivated/polished, but all buildings even from villages can be plundered! External roads appear in the main city, for all visitors...

This will reduce nefast disparities between players, but this will increase effects on any mistake they do... More buildings can be put, kept, but to pass one of them from main city to any of the Extension Village, it will need to be placed back in the Inventory... This does not change the principle of the game, but open new opportunities for you to sell goods, diamonds, new buildings, and allowing the players to benefit of their cleverness better... For those who want to have a pretty low Era city, it is possible in the Early Middle Age external village which of course will accept up to the member Era's buildings as any other external village.

Most important, for your servers, it does not change much, just add as you did for the main village one table in the database for each Extension Village, with the type of buildings and their position on the map (I do not know how you did it)... For the productions, just include these buildings on the main map, by doing a calculation on each extension village and by adding results to the main village once a day or so (to spare server work use only time comparison...)... For getting the goods, you could indicate this with an icon linking to the village, from the golden one intitled "Collect All Finished Productions" on the left indicating that productions are finished (open a submenu with link to main window, to spend 5 diamonds to get all the finished productions and one link to the Modern Era Extension Village (greyed if no productions are finished, or not shown if Modern Era not reached aand not shown). Ask your questions to procuror@ejfj-state.org, as only the best is legal, what you did is fantastic, but you did too much and do not benefit by all the best already achieved, EJFJ Contextual Computing should be there since March 15th, 1996, to spare lot of problems to your coworkers (no difference between navigators...) and to your users (allowing you to get much much more... who will have to pay less to enjoy far more...). Thank you for doing these changes, which are required if you want to be able to continuing proposing upgrades and improvements... I remind you that one extension used on the main village, is used at the same place on any other Extension Village (settlements/summercamps/colonies)...

The limitations will be changed, the goods will be produced in higher quantities by players from now on, but this will not be a problem for you/your servers as anthing requests time/unrefined goods... The activations should be made each month for each extension village (as you can, in each world)... Remind that nothing is impossible (manage calaculations in the main city for external villages by time comparizon to spare lot of calculations/wastings by only comparing timestamps...)...

More explanations to appear soonly here...

======== OLD MESSAGE, being replaced by the new one... ========

The land should be different, for example mountains rather than water surrounding the city for Early Middle Age Sommer Village or Extension Village, with snow in winter if possible or always as this is high altitude...

In Modern Era or Contemporary Era Extension Village, water could be replaced by desert, and in The Future Era and after, the water should come back and be icy... See what you can do with your graphists and infographists...

These other external villages will extend possibilities and reduce unpossibilities and lack of place, but this will at the same time extend the consequence of decisions made, you can for exemple oblige users to put Great Buildings only in the Main Village, and goods production buldings maximum in one external village... and put other constraints,if they are explanable by the period of the external village! Fell free to create a better world... Only the best is legal, and Forge of Empires is not virtual, it is a new reality completing the global world, which should be accessible to all human beings to test creations and improvements (for wars especially, to spare any real one!!!)...

In each village (main city and any of the 2/3 extension village) the satisfaction need to be counted independantly... Buildings received will then be useable much quicker, making difference between users strategies, those storing them and those using them carefully or efficiently... Choices will be extended, for the benefit of all...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112465

So your signature is in total contradiction with what you wrote... You misunderstood my post... I propose few extensions, based on what was already realized, with automation to harvest everything allowing any member to progress quicker as they want but suffering much more of their errors (which of course can be corrected!)

DeletedUser653

Please fix existing problems before adding bunnies, drones, for sale signs or ideas like this.

Edit - why allow 1 person to vote many times - really makes a mockery of any vote

DeletedUser112465

Please fix existing problems before adding bunnies, drones, for sale signs or ideas like this.

Edit - why allow 1 person to vote many times - really makes a mockery of any vote

No this allow to correct a previous vote, you cannot vote many times, but you can reconsider your position, as you should for yours... by reading again the proposition... One fully did not understand what I proposed and choose "No, keep things like this, as there are lot of problems because many things cannot be done, and things done have consequences and cost diamonds and many benefits received cannot be used efficiently since there are groups of buildings from Quests and Guild Expeditions... Things are changing, but not as they should : quantity in increased but not quality... even if the efficiency if each new reward is better! Things need to evolute positively for all...

DeletedUser112465

Badly presented with a rather stupid poll that hardly makes sense.

So present it better... I proposed from the Continental Map to get new small villages, from Early Middle Age, and one or two higher Era, to quickly have more space to benefit more of the game rewards, allowing users to take part more efficiently and have more pleasure, even while paying and using diamonds...

The poll is to show me if you read or understood what I proposed to the FoE developers team, but it shows me that you did not read it carefully, and of course it should be illustrated by images, but I am not collaborating in FoE developpment and cannot force the staff to do as I requested, I just propose new ideas they can adapt as they can (for graphism it is usually very nicely done, unfortunately they do not think of strategies, they sell diamonds and packages, make promotions on them but they cannot be used as there are far too many things and not all are useable)... Problems are never definitive, solutions should be! So take part, instead of criticizing...

Agent327

Overlord
So present it better...

You can present crap on a gold platter, it is still crap.

The poll is to show me if you read or understood what I proposed to the FoE developers team, but it shows me that you did not read it carefully

Why should I?????

The first thing I see is a poll that doesnot make sense followed by a shitload of text. Do you think that is inviting to read?

DeletedUser

While I sympathize with the idea of more space (read expansions), than we currently have access to, I consider this awfully complex in presentation and the way to go about this.
Frankly it is typically such presentation which is so complex as well as the variety of answers we can give via the polls that you’ve lost me entirely along the way.

That said I am sure it makes completely sense to you.

DeletedUser112465

While I sympathize with the idea of more space (read expansions), than we currently have access to, I consider this awfully complex in presentation and the way to go about this.
Frankly it is typically such presentation which is so complex as well as the variety of answers we can give via the polls that you’ve lost me entirely along the way.

That said I am sure it makes completely sense to you.

You too, you take part in something you do not understand, you say it is too complex, so ignore this... This presentation is not for users (players), it is for developpers, to offer solutions to them and to all... By use, it is the most efficient et effective solution... It does not request much time to be developped, it can be realized step by step, it can help new players to progress quicker while powerful players will benefit too, but depending on their habilities to spare wastings... For the servers, they need something useable, and this solution does not create something totally different for them, all things can be reused, improved and simplified, for the benefit of all... A text is never clear to present something multidimensional... I tried putting some bad illustations... You are the first one, to understand this is something to get more space to build useful buildings, but this is all about strategy...

DeletedUser112465

To all those who replied "No, the main city is enough, extensions are accessible...", this proof that you do not read and do not understand things as they are... Extensions cannot be put on the water and are expensive... and they cannot be added for new players without changing how FoE works ! So disparities between powerful and small players will increase always, even if Innogames ry to reduce them by offering always more powerful buildings in questes and nicer rewards... The problem is that each player need to make choices, either wasting by deleting buildings to place the new received ones, or keeping some old ones which are still useful... This is very complex, some take good decisions and some other take bad ones, having free space, misused space, ... While extending the space, it allows more wastings to all, and reduce the effects of such bad decisions, but errors effects, due to lack of strategy, will be increased...

Saying "No" while you recognize more space would be nice for you (because you have problem placing all your rewards), shows that you did not check the other Yes propositions :

The first one saying that you wish the extensions to be 2, 3 and even 4 times more affordable and effective!
The second one saying that you need more space, but did not understant the presentation and that you need to juge on the result, not the text explaining to developpers how to proceed (exactly what you should have checked according to your explanations!!!)
The third one saying that it would be good for you if you do not have to spend more time on FoE to get the productions, as this is a lost on time on real life (lot of constraints for now, which should be spared with reproduction of acts done in the past by this player (based on EJFJ Contextual Computing)... There are lot of things to do, and doing more and more is not always good, things need to be simplified to let you play as you want, and not be obliged to be always online to get what is produced and ready to be used... Freedom is one of the fundamental Rights!

And finally the fourth one saying that the harvests avbailable should all be indicated on a panel (that I still did not designed) showing the production state in each extension village (in Early Middle Age up to Modern Era with wooden signboards, on top the indication of what is this extension village, and bottom a chagining signboard like the open/close indicator which can be turned, according to the status of production, with a green point when evberything is correctly used and an orange or a red point when the productions are finished and ready to be taken and replaced by other productions... According to the third point on the poll, after one hour, a production should be automatically taken, and reconducted the same way... So if you choose 5 minute production or 1 day production, you only waste one hour with no activity, and this if you connected to your account in the previous 24 hours and did not manually took the production in your extension village, by clicking on the road or on the panel to access the extension village... For useability, it is perfect, but unpossible to explain clearly to non users... The second Yes option is for those who do not understand these subleties or who just do not care till seing them working...
You can update your vote now that you understand a little buit better, or read more carefully...

Agent327

Overlord
This presentation is not for users (players), it is for developpers, to offer solutions to them.

Then why do you bother players with it? Go send it to the developers!

To all those who replied "No, the main city is enough, extensions are accessible...", this proof that you do not read and do not understand things as they are.

What do you care? This is only for developers.

On the other hand, it should inspire you to present it in a different way.

DeletedUser103052

There are points of merit in this idea (I.E. sections for each age that automatically produce goods etc from that era, which if balanced and limited could be an interesting idea). But the proposal is all over the place and quite difficult to follow.
You will have a very difficult time suggesting a change that alters the very fundamentals of the game, I would focus on small aspects of the idea and not suggest it all at once and you might get more joy :)

DeletedUser107476

-1 as the developers have already said they have no intention at this time of adding extra expansions except by the usual methods. Please watch Facebook Q&A's as expansions are talked about nearly every one and is the same reply.

DeletedUser96901

you cannot vote many times,
"Multiple votes are allowed."

100% are for your idea
50% are against it

:lol:

To all those who replied "No, the main city is enough, extensions are accessible...",
maybe those also voted yes :lol:

this proof that you do not read and do not understand things as they are
that would proof that your idea should be made more understandable

because if people don't understand your idea that is not their fault.
it is your fault

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser112465

Then why do you bother players with it? Go send it to the developers!

How can I contact developers ? I contacted the forum and they told me they cannot contact them, and that I can only post a message there ! Innogame does not reply to constructive messages... but only for technolohical problems...

What do you care? This is only for developers.

On the other hand, it should inspire you to present it in a different way. I am presenting it differently but we cannot textually explain anything which should be contextual ! I can give general informations !

Last edited by a moderator: